3 Questions

Posted: 03-25-2007, 11:36 AM
1. I set-up 2 additional identities but all Vista allows is outgoing email. We need to be able to view all incoming email for all 3 user identities; for our business needs. This is creating as a mess for us. Is there any way to switch identities, as in Outlook?

2. My search mode is all screwed up (don't ask ... someone messed with it!), is there a way to restore original search options? (searching from Start)

3. How can I get rid of the Yahoo Search on taskbar in lower right hand corner? I did remove Yahoo from my programs, but the taskbar still shows Yahoo! Search. Normally all one has to do is right click and delete; but the delete is grayed out.

Thanks.

3 Questions

Responses to "3 Questions"

Steve Cochran

Re: 3 Questions
Posted: 03-25-2007, 12:26 PM
For number 1, the identities feature has been removed in WinMail. If you wish different identities, you either have to use different users and log on to the different users to switch, or you can get my Windows Mail Identities program (http://www.oehelp.com/WMIDs/default.aspx) that adds that feature back again.

steve

"Wings" <wings@angel.com> wrote in message news:OGjdTHtbHHA.4872@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
1. I set-up 2 additional identities but all Vista allows is outgoing email. We need to be able to view all incoming email for all 3 user identities; for our business needs. This is creating as a mess for us. Is there any way to switch identities, as in Outlook?

2. My search mode is all screwed up (don't ask ... someone messed with it!), is there a way to restore original search options? (searching from Start)

3. How can I get rid of the Yahoo Search on taskbar in lower right hand corner? I did remove Yahoo from my programs, but the taskbar still shows Yahoo! Search. Normally all one has to do is right click and delete; but the delete is grayed out.

Thanks.
Gary VanderMolen

Posted: 03-25-2007, 09:56 PM
It isn't clear what you mean by "2 additional identities." Windows Mail doesn't have Identities.
Did you mean you created separate Windows users? If all incoming mail needs to accessible
simultaneously, why not set up all three email accounts under one Windows user?

Items 2 & 3 are beyond the scope of this newsgroup.

Gary VanderMolen

"Wings" <wings@angel.com> wrote in message news:OGjdTHtbHHA.4872@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
1. I set-up 2 additional identities but all Vista allows is outgoing email. We need to be able to view all incoming email for
all 3 user identities; for our business needs. This is creating as a mess for us. Is there any way to switch identities, as in
Outlook?

2. My search mode is all screwed up (don't ask ... someone messed with it!), is there a way to restore original search options?
(searching from Start)

3. How can I get rid of the Yahoo Search on taskbar in lower right hand corner? I did remove Yahoo from my programs, but the
taskbar still shows Yahoo! Search. Normally all one has to do is right click and delete; but the delete is grayed out.

Thanks.

Wings

Posted: 03-27-2007, 03:17 AM
Thanks Steve! We'll give that a try.

For number 1, the identities feature has been removed in WinMail. If you wish different identities, you either have to use different users and log on to the different users to switch, or you can get my Windows Mail Identities program (http://www.oehelp.com/WMIDs/default.aspx) that adds that feature back again.

steve

Thanks.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes