A security scare

Posted: 05-20-2007, 01:48 PM
Good afternoon, I'm currently running Windows Vista Ultimate with two
monitors, with my left hand one being my main monitor.

Recently there has been a box in the top-left hand corner of the main
monitor that will not respond when I click on it, and I have no idea what it
is. I also seem to be unable to remove it.

Does anyone know what it is or what I can do about it?

A security scare


Responses to "A security scare"

Nicholas Hall
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: A security scare
Posted: 05-20-2007, 03:32 PM
Could you take a screenshot and post it somewhere so that we could see it.

NIK

"David Pilditch" <DavidPilditch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:1A3CF58E-23D1-486E-A5D2-D445B544E77C@microsoft.com...
> Good afternoon, I'm currently running Windows Vista Ultimate with two
> monitors, with my left hand one being my main monitor.
>
> Recently there has been a box in the top-left hand corner of the main
> monitor that will not respond when I click on it, and I have no idea what
> it
> is. I also seem to be unable to remove it.
>
> Does anyone know what it is or what I can do about it?
David Pilditch
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: A security scare
Posted: 05-20-2007, 03:53 PM
http://www.sanschorus.co.uk/images/Box.jpg

"Nicholas Hall" wrote:
> Could you take a screenshot and post it somewhere so that we could see it.
>
> NIK
>
> "David Pilditch" <DavidPilditch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:1A3CF58E-23D1-486E-A5D2-D445B544E77C@microsoft.com...
> > Good afternoon, I'm currently running Windows Vista Ultimate with two
> > monitors, with my left hand one being my main monitor.
> >
> > Recently there has been a box in the top-left hand corner of the main
> > monitor that will not respond when I click on it, and I have no idea what
> > it
> > is. I also seem to be unable to remove it.
> >
> > Does anyone know what it is or what I can do about it?
>
>
Davcal
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: A security scare
Posted: 05-20-2007, 11:28 PM
Looks like the Browser Icon missing.


"David Pilditch" <DavidPilditch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:075CA0C2-606E-4322-B1EF-4DA5529AD9BD@microsoft.com...
> http://www.sanschorus.co.uk/images/Box.jpg
>
> "Nicholas Hall" wrote:
>
>> Could you take a screenshot and post it somewhere so that we could see
>> it.
>>
>> NIK
>>
>> "David Pilditch" <DavidPilditch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> news:1A3CF58E-23D1-486E-A5D2-D445B544E77C@microsoft.com...
>> > Good afternoon, I'm currently running Windows Vista Ultimate with two
>> > monitors, with my left hand one being my main monitor.
>> >
>> > Recently there has been a box in the top-left hand corner of the main
>> > monitor that will not respond when I click on it, and I have no idea
>> > what
>> > it
>> > is. I also seem to be unable to remove it.
>> >
>> > Does anyone know what it is or what I can do about it?
>>
>>
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vista Security Vulnerabilities showing in Security scan PA Bear Windows Vista Security 3 12-21-2006 06:03 PM
How to perform High security tasks from a low level security app?? GSLockwood (IUnknown) Windows Vista Security 12 11-25-2006 01:10 PM
remote desktop scare Scott Windows XP Work Remotely 3 12-13-2004 04:54 PM
Lost Security Tab in Sharing and Security Menu Martin56 Windows XP Security & Administration 1 08-02-2003 11:39 AM
Today's warning from Dept. of Homeland Security re security flaw Dot Windows XP Security & Administration 3 08-02-2003 08:23 AM