access denied to external hard drive

Posted: 09-26-2008, 01:21 PM

Folks,
I am trying to access my external hard drive, but keep getting "F:/ not
accessible, access is denied". I can change the name of the "F-drive",
but not access. This is happening even thu I am in Administration
account.
I have recently accessed the same external hard drive to change
security settings to all the files so that all users have full control.
Was this a mistake to do?
there are very important data there that I need to access for my
business..do I look at datarecovery software? or is that not gonna get
me anywhere?
Please help.


--
ruanv

access denied to external hard drive


Responses to "access denied to external hard drive"

Brandon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
RE: access denied to external hard drive
Posted: 10-05-2008, 08:22 PM
I just had the same thing happen to me, and have many files that I need to
retrieve. Any help would greatly help both of us.

"ruanv" wrote:
>
> Folks,
> I am trying to access my external hard drive, but keep getting "F:/ not
> accessible, access is denied". I can change the name of the "F-drive",
> but not access. This is happening even thu I am in Administration
> account.
> I have recently accessed the same external hard drive to change
> security settings to all the files so that all users have full control.
> Was this a mistake to do?
> there are very important data there that I need to access for my
> business..do I look at datarecovery software? or is that not gonna get
> me anywhere?
> Please help.
>
>
> --
> ruanv
>
Flavius
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: access denied to external hard drive
Posted: 10-07-2008, 03:07 PM

1.Check do you have this problem in safe mod
2.Diagnose disk in looking for errors
3.Check you don't have some viruse

--
Flavius
Yun Zapata
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: access denied to external hard drive
Posted: 10-15-2008, 04:00 AM
i have the same problem, but only on windows vista, on my xp pro machine, the
hdd works just fine, and in every other xp machine i've pluged it into, but
not on a machi that has vista, what ca it be?

"Flavius" wrote:
>
> 1.Check do you have this problem in safe mode
> 2.Diagnose disk in looking for errors
> 3.Check you don't have some viruses
>
>
> --
> Flavius
>
Steve
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
RE: access denied to external hard drive
Posted: 01-11-2009, 07:55 PM
Same thing with me, only this happend to my C: drive. What should I do to
gane control again, do you know?


"ruanv" wrote:
>
> Folks,
> I am trying to access my external hard drive, but keep getting "F:/ not
> accessible, access is denied". I can change the name of the "F-drive",
> but not access. This is happening even thu I am in Administration
> account.
> I have recently accessed the same external hard drive to change
> security settings to all the files so that all users have full control.
> Was this a mistake to do?
> there are very important data there that I need to access for my
> business..do I look at datarecovery software? or is that not gonna get
> me anywhere?
> Please help.
>
>
> --
> ruanv
>
Hank J.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: access denied to external hard drive
Posted: 01-11-2009, 08:10 PM
On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 11:55:20 -0800, Steve
<Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>Same thing with me, only this happend to my C: drive. What should I do to
>gane control again, do you know?
FIRST... start your own thread because your situation is different
from the one being discussed. What you did is considered to be
hijacking someone else's thread.

Second... next time you pop into a thread, take a look at the dates of
the posts in it. If they are over a couple weeks old - in this case
they stopped 3 months ago - it's best to move on because most folks
will have started to ignore the thread after the first week, maybe
quicker..

>"ruanv" wrote:
>
>>
>> Folks,
>> I am trying to access my external hard drive, but keep getting "F:/ not
>> accessible, access is denied". I can change the name of the "F-drive",
>> but not access. This is happening even thu I am in Administration
>> account.
>> I have recently accessed the same external hard drive to change
>> security settings to all the files so that all users have full control.
>> Was this a mistake to do?
>> there are very important data there that I need to access for my
>> business..do I look at datarecovery software? or is that not gonna get
>> me anywhere?
>> Please help.
>>
>>
>> --
>> ruanv
>>
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How Can I Access Files On External Hard Drive ? Jupiter Rising Windows Vista Administration 1 03-26-2008 04:55 AM
Access denied on external hard drive Keith Windows Vista Administration 1 03-19-2008 10:17 PM
How do i access my external hard drive dave Windows XP Security & Administration 2 12-20-2003 01:54 PM
Access denied to old hard drive. Robert Windows XP Security & Administration 1 12-18-2003 09:23 AM
hard drive access denied Don Gerke Windows XP Security & Administration 0 07-18-2003 02:05 AM