Activating Windows Vista RC1

Posted: 09-16-2006, 06:13 PM
I rencently received a copy of windows Vista RC1 and a valid product key.
However I am having problems activating it. I tried using the link on the
Welcome screen but it takes me to a page that does not exist. When I go to
computer information, at the bottom of the screen it states 2 days left until
automatic activation occurs. And I also have the option to activate now. when
I click on the activate now button, nothing happens. Any suggestions on how
to successfully activate my copy of RC1 immediately? Or will it be ok if it
automatically registers on it's own. Any suggestions, solutions would be
greatly appreciated. Thank you

Activating Windows Vista RC1


Responses to "Activating Windows Vista RC1"

Colin Barnhorst
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Activating Windows Vista RC1
Posted: 09-16-2006, 07:21 PM
Check your timezone and time settings.

"Jeremy" <Jeremy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:012D73D7-67AD-4330-B438-B07F7F9D77A1@microsoft.com...
>I rencently received a copy of windows Vista RC1 and a valid product key.
> However I am having problems activating it. I tried using the link on the
> Welcome screen but it takes me to a page that does not exist. When I go to
> computer information, at the bottom of the screen it states 2 days left
> until
> automatic activation occurs. And I also have the option to activate now.
> when
> I click on the activate now button, nothing happens. Any suggestions on
> how
> to successfully activate my copy of RC1 immediately? Or will it be ok if
> it
> automatically registers on it's own. Any suggestions, solutions would be
> greatly appreciated. Thank you

Jeremy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Activating Windows Vista RC1
Posted: 09-16-2006, 09:25 PM
Thank you Colin for your suggestion, however I found the solution in a post
from Techno-Crat. Techno-Crat wrote "add the run line to the start menu
in run
type slui /4
this will launch the activation wizard" Doin this resolved my issue. Thank
you Techno-Crat.


"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
> Check your timezone and time settings.
>
> "Jeremy" <Jeremy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:012D73D7-67AD-4330-B438-B07F7F9D77A1@microsoft.com...
> >I rencently received a copy of windows Vista RC1 and a valid product key.
> > However I am having problems activating it. I tried using the link on the
> > Welcome screen but it takes me to a page that does not exist. When I go to
> > computer information, at the bottom of the screen it states 2 days left
> > until
> > automatic activation occurs. And I also have the option to activate now.
> > when
> > I click on the activate now button, nothing happens. Any suggestions on
> > how
> > to successfully activate my copy of RC1 immediately? Or will it be ok if
> > it
> > automatically registers on it's own. Any suggestions, solutions would be
> > greatly appreciated. Thank you
>
>
>
Essien
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Activating Windows Vista RC1
Posted: 09-30-2006, 01:39 PM
I successfully installed Windows Vista Release Candidate 1 with the product
key I got from Microsoft. Unfortunately, I tried without success to activate
my Windows installation.

What should I do?

Thanks.


--
Disney
Spirefm
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
RE: Activating Windows Vista RC1
Posted: 09-30-2006, 06:40 PM
Use the phone system (Control Panel/System near the bottom). Colin

"Essien" wrote:
> I successfully installed Windows Vista Release Candidate 1 with the product
> key I got from Microsoft. Unfortunately, I tried without success to activate
> my Windows installation.
>
> What should I do?
>
> Thanks.
>
>
> --
> Disney
Essien
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
RE: Activating Windows Vista RC1
Posted: 10-02-2006, 10:37 AM
Thanks for your message. Am I supposed to call the Microsoft office in my
country with the phone number?

Thanks.
--
Disney


"Spirefm" wrote:
> Use the phone system (Control Panel/System near the bottom). Colin
>
> "Essien" wrote:
>
> > I successfully installed Windows Vista Release Candidate 1 with the product
> > key I got from Microsoft. Unfortunately, I tried without success to activate
> > my Windows installation.
> >
> > What should I do?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> >
> > --
> > Disney
Spirefm
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
RE: Activating Windows Vista RC1
Posted: 10-02-2006, 03:33 PM
Yes, if that's what the instructions tell you. Best choose an office that
speaks your native language. Colin

"Essien" wrote:
> Thanks for your message. Am I supposed to call the Microsoft office in my
> country with the phone number?
>
> Thanks.
> --
> Disney
>
>
> "Spirefm" wrote:
>
> > Use the phone system (Control Panel/System near the bottom). Colin
> >
> > "Essien" wrote:
> >
> > > I successfully installed Windows Vista Release Candidate 1 with the product
> > > key I got from Microsoft. Unfortunately, I tried without success to activate
> > > my Windows installation.
> > >
> > > What should I do?
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > Disney
Spirefm
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Activating Windows Vista RC1
Posted: 10-02-2006, 10:18 PM
Open the Activation Wizard (Computer/System Properties). Click on 'Show Me
Other Ways to Activate', and then select 'Use the Automated Phone System' and
select the country you are in (or a different one if you want a different
language) and follow the steps. If the robot system fails it will pass you to
an operator who will ask a few
questions and the read the number to you to enter on your screen box.
Colin

"Spirefm" wrote:
> Yes, if that's what the instructions tell you. Best choose an office that
> speaks your native language. Colin
>
> "Essien" wrote:
>
> > Thanks for your message. Am I supposed to call the Microsoft office in my
> > country with the phone number?
> >
> > Thanks.
> > --
> > Disney
> >
> >
> > "Spirefm" wrote:
> >
> > > Use the phone system (Control Panel/System near the bottom). Colin
> > >
> > > "Essien" wrote:
> > >
> > > > I successfully installed Windows Vista Release Candidate 1 with the product
> > > > key I got from Microsoft. Unfortunately, I tried without success to activate
> > > > my Windows installation.
> > > >
> > > > What should I do?
> > > >
> > > > Thanks.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > --
> > > > Disney
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problems activating windows vista Mtadman2 Windows Vista Administration 1 08-22-2007 08:08 PM
activating my windows vista after moving hard drive to new compute lj0419 Windows Vista Administration 1 04-07-2007 03:46 AM
Activating Windows Vista RC1 on a second computer jmwromania Windows Vista 6 09-21-2006 11:15 PM
Error Activating Windows Vista Beta 2 JHGARCIA Windows Vista 2 06-13-2006 04:30 AM
Activating windows Ann Windows XP Setup 2 01-30-2004 01:42 AM