Activation Problem Vista x64

Posted: 10-26-2007, 11:48 PM
I have OEM package of Vista HP x64.
After installing package the new computer didn't have internet connections
ready so I activated the Vista by auto support phone. Everything seemed to go
fine, Vista said activation successful. Today I had the cables needed to hook
up the internet router and checked the system information to see if all was
OK. To my surprise the activation section read I have 2 days to activate. I
tried to activate by internet connection and I recieved an error message
saying "The product key you typed is already in use".

The question is how do I activate the OS that has already been activated

I'm stuck with no answers and don't have a number to Microsoft to sort this
out.

Thanks,
Larry

Activation Problem Vista x64


Responses to "Activation Problem Vista x64"

Paul Randall
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Activation Problem Vista x64
Posted: 10-27-2007, 12:55 AM
As Carey would say:
1. Click on the Start button and in the Start Search box type in: slui.exe
4
2. Press the Enter key on your keyboard.
3. Select your Country.
4. Follow the instructions for phone activation.
5. Once completed, restart your computer.

One thing I would add is that if the automated phone activation fails, stay
on the phone -- eventually a helpful human should show up.

-Paul Randall

"LarryC" <LarryC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:41A5F36B-729B-410A-A320-1783AB738A6C@microsoft.com...
>I have OEM package of Vista HP x64.
> After installing package the new computer didn't have internet connections
> ready so I activated the Vista by auto support phone. Everything seemed to
> go
> fine, Vista said activation successful. Today I had the cables needed to
> hook
> up the internet router and checked the system information to see if all
> was
> OK. To my surprise the activation section read I have 2 days to activate.
> I
> tried to activate by internet connection and I recieved an error message
> saying "The product key you typed is already in use".
>
> The question is how do I activate the OS that has already been activated
>
>
> I'm stuck with no answers and don't have a number to Microsoft to sort
> this
> out.
>
> Thanks,
> Larry

LarryC
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Activation Problem Vista x64
Posted: 10-27-2007, 01:05 AM
Thank you Paul that worked.



"Paul Randall" wrote:
> As Carey would say:
> 1. Click on the Start button and in the Start Search box type in: slui.exe
> 4
> 2. Press the Enter key on your keyboard.
> 3. Select your Country.
> 4. Follow the instructions for phone activation.
> 5. Once completed, restart your computer.
>
> One thing I would add is that if the automated phone activation fails, stay
> on the phone -- eventually a helpful human should show up.
>
> -Paul Randall
>
> "LarryC" <LarryC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:41A5F36B-729B-410A-A320-1783AB738A6C@microsoft.com...
> >I have OEM package of Vista HP x64.
> > After installing package the new computer didn't have internet connections
> > ready so I activated the Vista by auto support phone. Everything seemed to
> > go
> > fine, Vista said activation successful. Today I had the cables needed to
> > hook
> > up the internet router and checked the system information to see if all
> > was
> > OK. To my surprise the activation section read I have 2 days to activate.
> > I
> > tried to activate by internet connection and I recieved an error message
> > saying "The product key you typed is already in use".
> >
> > The question is how do I activate the OS that has already been activated
> >
> >
> > I'm stuck with no answers and don't have a number to Microsoft to sort
> > this
> > out.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Larry
>
>
>
Paul Randall
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Activation Problem Vista x64
Posted: 10-27-2007, 03:19 AM
You are welcome.

-Paul Randall

"LarryC" <LarryC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:16BB0922-99D1-45D8-8272-EDCAEAB3332F@microsoft.com...
> Thank you Paul that worked.
>
>
>
> "Paul Randall" wrote:
>
>> As Carey would say:
>> 1. Click on the Start button and in the Start Search box type in:
>> slui.exe
>> 4
>> 2. Press the Enter key on your keyboard.
>> 3. Select your Country.
>> 4. Follow the instructions for phone activation.
>> 5. Once completed, restart your computer.
>>
>> One thing I would add is that if the automated phone activation fails,
>> stay
>> on the phone -- eventually a helpful human should show up.
>>
>> -Paul Randall
>>
>> "LarryC" <LarryC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:41A5F36B-729B-410A-A320-1783AB738A6C@microsoft.com...
>> >I have OEM package of Vista HP x64.
>> > After installing package the new computer didn't have internet
>> > connections
>> > ready so I activated the Vista by auto support phone. Everything seemed
>> > to
>> > go
>> > fine, Vista said activation successful. Today I had the cables needed
>> > to
>> > hook
>> > up the internet router and checked the system information to see if all
>> > was
>> > OK. To my surprise the activation section read I have 2 days to
>> > activate.
>> > I
>> > tried to activate by internet connection and I recieved an error
>> > message
>> > saying "The product key you typed is already in use".
>> >
>> > The question is how do I activate the OS that has already been
>> > activated
>> >
>> >
>> > I'm stuck with no answers and don't have a number to Microsoft to sort
>> > this
>> > out.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Larry
>>
>>
>>

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Window Vista Activation Problem Eduardo Windows Vista Install & Setup 5 07-28-2007 01:28 AM
Activation problem with Vista Terry Rozmus Windows Vista Install & Setup 11 07-19-2007 11:58 PM
Please HELP!!Problem with activation of Vista Ultimate sweens Windows Vista Install & Setup 4 06-30-2007 11:12 PM
Vista Activation Rigidness A Problem Al Lounsbury Windows Vista Install & Setup 1 06-01-2007 12:47 AM
Vista activation problem sean2857 Windows Vista Install & Setup 2 05-16-2007 12:35 PM