ActiveX EXE in Vista

Posted: 12-24-2008, 01:05 PM

Hello
Can you help me please if you have a solution

I have problem with ActiceX Exe (2 Software) in Vista
I can open just on, I can't opened the other,

I have the error "Unexpected error; quitting" which is the same error I
get when running
MyExe.exe /RegServer from the Start | Run.

I must resolve the problem before 2009

Thank's
Adam


--
Adam
Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com

ActiveX EXE in Vista


Responses to "ActiveX EXE in Vista"

Malke
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: ActiveX EXE in Vista
Posted: 12-24-2008, 01:44 PM
Adam wrote:
>
> Hello
> Can you help me please if you have a solution
>
> I have problem with ActiceX Exe (2 Software) in Vista
> I can open just on, I can't opened the other,
>
> I have the error "Unexpected error; quitting" which is the same error I
> get when running
> MyExe.exe /RegServer from the Start | Run.
Your post is a bit hard to follow, but it would appear that you are asking
about a third-party program called "ActiveX.exe", or possibly "MyExe.exe".
While Internet Explorer does use ActiveX plugins to provide additional
capabilities, the programs you refer to are not part of Windows.

You should contact the third-party software mftr. ("2 Software"?) for
support of their product.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
FAQ - http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/#FAQ

Adam
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: ActiveX EXE in Vista
Posted: 12-24-2008, 03:08 PM

Thank you for the replie,

May be my message isn't clear (I don't speak good english)

So
I created 2 exe ActiveX in VB6 (App1.exe and App2.exe)
when I open App1.exe in vista it work good, but I can't open App2.exe,
it give me the error message "Unexpected error; quitting"

So if I click right on App2.exe and I open it as administrator it work,
but when i returne to open App1.exe it give me the same message
"Unexpected error; quitting"

The problem is that I can open only one ActiveX exe in vista !
"when I disabled UAC they work"

I attached the App1.exe and App2.exe (please rename App1.txt to .exe
...) if you want to try in vista

Thank's
Adam


+-------------------------------------------------------------------+
|Filename: App2.txt |
|Download: 117 |
+-------------------------------------------------------------------+

--
Adam
Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com

Paul Adare
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: ActiveX EXE in Vista
Posted: 12-24-2008, 03:40 PM
On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 15:08:32 +0000, Adam wrote:
> I attached the App1.exe and App2.exe (please rename App1.txt to .exe
> ..) if you want to try in vista
Right, you expect someone to download some random executable files from a
unknown, untrusted source and then execute them? Good luck with that.

--
Paul Adare
MVP - Identity Lifecycle Manager
http://www.identit.ca
Adam
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: ActiveX EXE in Vista
Posted: 12-24-2008, 04:06 PM
> Right, you expect someone to download some random executable files
from > a unknown, untrusted source and then execute them? Good luck with
that.


I'm looking for a solution to my problem, so you can create in vb6 a
ActiveX Exe to try it in vista if you want..


--
Adam
Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com

Malke
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: ActiveX EXE in Vista
Posted: 12-24-2008, 04:37 PM
Adam wrote:
>
> Thank you for the replie,
>
> May be my message isn't clear (I don't speak good english)
>
> So
> I created 2 exe ActiveX in VB6 (App1.exe and App2.exe)
> when I open App1.exe in vista it work good, but I can't open App2.exe,
> it give me the error message "Unexpected error; quitting"
>
> So if I click right on App2.exe and I open it as administrator it work,
> but when i returne to open App1.exe it give me the same message
> "Unexpected error; quitting"
>
> The problem is that I can open only one ActiveX exe in vista !
> "when I disabled UAC they work"
>
> I attached the App1.exe and App2.exe (please rename App1.txt to .exe
> ...) if you want to try in vista
No one in their right mind will download a Windows executable from an
unknown source.

Since your question is about programming, you should post in a programmer's
newsgroup. Since you're using Visual Basic, that would be a good place to
start. There is probably a Visual Basic newsgroup in your native language,
too. I don't see how you can get precise technical answers about
programming if there is a language barrier.

http://aumha.org/nntp.htm - list of MS newsgroups

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
FAQ - http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/#FAQ

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ActiveX Documents .VBD on IE7 Vista Platform - File is unknown type Guest Windows Vista 0 08-14-2008 04:10 PM
Error installing ActiveX cab on Windows Vista Joe K Windows Vista Security 4 10-22-2007 12:57 PM
Vista and ActiveX controls wickydoc Windows Vista Performance & Maintenance 0 06-13-2007 03:07 AM
How do you register an ActiveX EXE on Vista? Joseph Geretz Windows Vista Security 6 02-27-2007 10:58 PM
How do you register an ActiveX EXE on Vista? Joseph Geretz Windows Vista Install & Setup 6 02-27-2007 10:58 PM