Any Working WLAN PCI Cards Under Vista 64?

Posted: 01-26-2009, 01:15 PM

Am currently trying to get a working WLAN PCI card installed on a Vist
64 system. One of my previous (generic) cards no longer seems to hav
any support

Bought a new EDIMAX EW7128G card, which claimed Vista support and wit
updated drivers, managed to get Device Mgr reporting a happy install
Couldn't get a flicker of life out of it, howver and returned that

Bought an ASUS WL138G V2 which 'the guy in the shop' (I know
gullible!! ) said was compatible with V64 - installs OK with update
drivers but the Utilities Centre software crashes repatedly and I can'
find an update for it anywhere - tried Broadcom site as well as ASUS

As I'm running a WEP encrypted network, I really don't want to open i
up to be zero security (which is what it looks like I'd have to do fo
the ASUS card)

I find it difficult to believe that no-one has managed to get a PC
WLAN card out that supports V64 yet - can anyone give me a pointer
please

--
BabyBis

Linux is getting more appealing by the day!

Any Working WLAN PCI Cards Under Vista 64?


Responses to "Any Working WLAN PCI Cards Under Vista 64?"

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Any Working WLAN PCI Cards Under Vista 64?
Posted: 01-26-2009, 09:43 PM
Hi
Not sure what your problem is but my Edimax 7218 works well with Vista x64
and even Win7 x64.
May be you should try the Ralink OEM drivers for the PCI RTL2500.
http://www.ralinktech.com/ralink/Hom...t/Windows.html
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"BabyBish" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
news:6ad3f7d489886cffadf34d268c6e6db9@nntp-gateway.com...
>
> Am currently trying to get a working WLAN PCI card installed on a Vista
> 64 system. One of my previous (generic) cards no longer seems to have
> any support.
>
> Bought a new EDIMAX EW7128G card, which claimed Vista support and with
> updated drivers, managed to get Device Mgr reporting a happy install.
> Couldn't get a flicker of life out of it, howver and returned that.
>
> Bought an ASUS WL138G V2 which 'the guy in the shop' (I know -
> gullible!! ) said was compatible with V64 - installs OK with updated
> drivers but the Utilities Centre software crashes repatedly and I can't
> find an update for it anywhere - tried Broadcom site as well as ASUS.
>
> As I'm running a WEP encrypted network, I really don't want to open it
> up to be zero security (which is what it looks like I'd have to do for
> the ASUS card).
>
> I find it difficult to believe that no-one has managed to get a PCI
> WLAN card out that supports V64 yet - can anyone give me a pointer,
> please?
>
>
> --
> BabyBish
>
> Linux is getting more appealing by the day!
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HP NC8000 wlan not working in vista Freddu Windows Vista Hardware & Devices 2 07-22-2007 11:10 PM
Network WLAN not working launch programme Steven Windows Vista Networking & Sharing 0 01-26-2007 03:11 AM
working of nokia d211 wlan card in laptop with win xp home win xp home and nokia d211(gprs) wlan Windows XP Performance & Maintenance 0 08-09-2004 05:35 AM
Has anyone got a TI ACX100 chipset WLAN PC card working on OS X Gary Pigott Apple Macintosh 8 01-15-2004 11:00 AM
All my cards aren't working Chris Martin Windows XP Hardware 0 09-05-2003 11:10 PM