Authentification problem

Posted: 02-10-2009, 07:06 PM

I know what the problem is, I dont know the solution, so please help m
out.

In XP it works fine, but not in Vista.
I try to connect to wired network that needs authentification.
This is what I do, pictures can explain better...
[image: http://i39.tinypic.com/2r4tyro.jpg]

[image: http://i40.tinypic.com/10x501h.jpg]

[image: http://i41.tinypic.com/nquzkp.jpg]

This is how it has to be able to connect to my desired network.
The thing is, when I do so in XP, it tries to authentificate networ
and ask for Username/Password (which I know of course). When I do so i
Vista, it still keeps on trying to authentificate the network and doe
not ask for Username/Password.

This happen to any Vista laptop I have tryed, I managed to work X
machines only.
Is there any hotfix or workaroun?

Thanks in advance guyz

--
Andreyco

Authentification problem


Responses to "Authentification problem"

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Authentification problem
Posted: 02-10-2009, 07:38 PM
Hi
I do not know which Network you are trying to connect to.
The screen shots show the setting for Business type Networks.
If you are trying to connect to Business Network that use special servers
and logon procedures then talk to the IT people in charge of the Network.
If you are trying to connect to your own computers on your Home peer-to peer
Network then uncheck these setting and leave them alone.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"Andreyco" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
news:a50e97600ffd358c3165bab97610e7f0@nntp-gateway.com...
>
> I know what the problem is, I dont know the solution, so please help me
> out.
>
> In XP it works fine, but not in Vista.
> I try to connect to wired network that needs authentification.
> This is what I do, pictures can explain better...
> [image: http://i39.tinypic.com/2r4tyro.jpg]
>
> [image: http://i40.tinypic.com/10x501h.jpg]
>
> [image: http://i41.tinypic.com/nquzkp.jpg]
>
> This is how it has to be able to connect to my desired network.
> The thing is, when I do so in XP, it tries to authentificate network
> and ask for Username/Password (which I know of course). When I do so in
> Vista, it still keeps on trying to authentificate the network and does
> not ask for Username/Password.
>
> This happen to any Vista laptop I have tryed, I managed to work XP
> machines only.
> Is there any hotfix or workaroun?
>
> Thanks in advance guyz!
>
>
> --
> Andreyco
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Authentification mystery - XP Pro SP3 + Vista Ult 64 SP1 TT Windows Vista Networking & Sharing 7 06-27-2008 04:30 AM
LEAP AUTHENTIFICATION WITH VISTA Greg Windows Vista Networking & Sharing 0 05-28-2008 10:23 AM
Bitlocker and Smartcard authentification Detlev Rackow Windows Vista Security 1 12-30-2006 12:29 AM
Authentification from a SAM base with WMI Mika Windows XP WMI 0 04-25-2006 03:27 PM
entourage 2001, authentification and ApplemailServer Pierre-Alexandre Mac Office 0 09-12-2003 03:25 PM