automatic updates not working

Posted: 08-24-2008, 07:23 PM

Hi can anyone help me with my automatic updates not working? I hav
vista home premium edition 32 bit. Last time I was able to update wa
7/20/08. It's a new laptop which I use as a back up computer. Hav
only turned it on 3 times since above date.

Yesterday I could not download any updates. I get a blank screen tha
says searching. Nothing happens. Computer works fine otherwise. The
I have to go to windows task manager to close the updates because i
will just sit there and spool. Internet ok. I know for sure that n
virus is on it. I tried to manually download updates but the installe
just says "processing" or something like that and nothing happens.

Any ideas

--
superra
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
superrad's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/superrad.ht
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-security/1026164.ht

http://forums.techarena.i

automatic updates not working


Responses to "automatic updates not working"

peter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: automatic updates not working
Posted: 08-25-2008, 02:07 AM
I had that problem and it turned out to be an older version of AVG free in
conjunction with Zone Alarm
somehow stopped the update process from accesseing MS...
A newer version of AVG ..8 and a newer version of ZA do not have that
problem.
peter

--
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to
me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate... ;-)


"superrad" <superrad.3enyvd@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
news:superrad.3enyvd@DoNotSpam.com...
>
> Hi can anyone help me with my automatic updates not working? I have
> vista home premium edition 32 bit. Last time I was able to update was
> 7/20/08. It's a new laptop which I use as a back up computer. Have
> only turned it on 3 times since above date.
>
> Yesterday I could not download any updates. I get a blank screen that
> says searching. Nothing happens. Computer works fine otherwise. Then
> I have to go to windows task manager to close the updates because it
> will just sit there and spool. Internet ok. I know for sure that no
> virus is on it. I tried to manually download updates but the installer
> just says "processing" or something like that and nothing happens.
>
> Any ideas?
>
>
> --
> superrad
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> superrad's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/superrad.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-security/1026164.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in
>
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HELP! Can't change Automatic Updates or check for updates! VKGT Windows Vista Performance & Maintenance 0 07-01-2008 05:27 AM
Automatic Updates Michael Redgrave Windows XP Setup 6 12-01-2003 09:06 AM
Help! Automatic updates or manual updates installation problems Michael D Windows XP Performance & Maintenance 2 11-07-2003 12:26 AM
Why does the "automatic updates" window show me updates not on windowsupdate.com G-Man Windows XP Basics 0 08-28-2003 01:04 AM
help with MSN automatic updates LilJohn Windows XP Basics 0 07-17-2003 09:32 PM