Re: Bill Gates 1 hour interview Charlie Rose 12:30A Eastern/3 Hours Later Pacific

Posted: 12-27-2008, 06:16 PM
I am not a proponent for gov't controlled TV's. Nor do I think Chinese gov't
is good for everyone. They too have good and bad things like gov't
everywhere else

However, if TVs were controlled by gov't like China, it would at least have
some quality education programs, natural science, history and some fine
entertainment. Boring? it can be boring when they starts pushing political
agenda but nothing crappy like brainless soap operas or "reality" show
filled with sex/violent scenes or brainless jokes No propaganda? but they
do convey a common theme of me'ism



I do watch some PBS, news channel and occasional decent shows from other
channels.

I also watch some China TV to learn more about the language they have at
least 10 channels I watch the science and combined channels. they have
channels devoted for classic opera, music, agriculture, law and justice
based shows, finance and markets... They also have western oriented channels
for English, French, Spanish. Of course there one that is more propaganda
based: : military.

"Chad Harris" <Windows7@Blackcombville.net> wrote in message
news:usN$ahMZJHA.552@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> He's on at 12:30PM because we have a bell shaped curve full of people who
> are poorly educated and would rather watch Gospi girl and put the word
> "like" in their frigging sentences every3rd word like, even if they're
> middle aged (so like their younger mistresses like will think they're like
> younger.)
>
> We don't have a lot of educational shows on network TV in prime time.
> People want to be "entertained", and mostly with sitcoms and airhead
reality
> shows.
>
> And ratings are the economic yardsticks in the US on TV. It could be
worse.
> It could be Iranian state television I suppose or TV controled by the
> government in China or in North Korea the Dear Ruler. But we're getting
> closer and closer aren't we.
>
> We have numbrains that just threw away $750 billion of your money if you
are
> in the US paying taxes, and we have a financier Bernie Maoff who stole
> billions from hedge funds and other funds where experts were supposed to
be
> watching money who had no clue who was managing their millions. Welcome
to
> the "Gossip Girl" like like USA.
>
>
> "Criminal Minds" is in the top ten; it's a storry about the BAU tracking
> serial killers. That's money making territory.
>
> Many shows I like have been booted off the air because they can't draw
more
> than 5 million.
>
> I could probably write a PhD thesis on what gets watched on TV, but there
> are many books.
>
> So the why is in what captures eyeballs, and I don't know where you live,
> but I am a little conversant with the US and there isn't a strong impetus
> for eduation there. Further Exhibit "A"
>
> In the United States there was an election for President recently. A
woman
> named Sarah Palin was nominated and cheered by IMHO mush brains (yeah I
know
> some of them were white people who make money) but the woman was totally
> unqualified to be an ectopic beat away from the President if the President
> had been a 72 year old man with 4 episodes of metastatic melanoma who
would
> not release his medical records.
>
> So educational TV isn't that popular in a country where education is not
> highly valued full of narrow minded rednecks would be one of my answers.
>
> Hth Josh,
>
> CH
>
>
> "Josh White" <pjwhite@noemail.net> wrote in message
> news:ea01l4h7bhp27k160hoetn7apoql9von87@4ax.com...
> > On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 01:03:04 -0500, "Chad Harris"
> > <Windows7@Blackcombville.net> wrote:
> >
> >>Charlie Rose--on CBS for years; was on and still is I think on 60
> >>minutes--graduated Duke Law; does very good interviews and gets to
> >>interview
> >>most anyone.
> >
> > If he is as good as you claim, then why is he on PBS at a time when
> > most of the country is in deep sleep?
> >
> > Yeah, he gets great guests... but so does the boob Larry King.
> >
> > PJ White
>

Re: Bill Gates 1 hour interview Charlie Rose 12:30A Eastern/3 Hours Later Pacific


Responses to "Re: Bill Gates 1 hour interview Charlie Rose 12:30A Eastern/3 Hours Later Pacific"

Pete Stavrakoglou
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Bill Gates 1 hour interview Charlie Rose 12:30A Eastern/3 Hours Later Pacific
Posted: 01-07-2009, 04:41 PM
"Chad Harris" <Windows7@Blackcombville.net> wrote in message
news:usN$ahMZJHA.552@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> He's on at 12:30PM because we have a bell shaped curve full of people who
> are poorly educated and would rather watch Gospi girl and put the word
> "like" in their frigging sentences every3rd word like, even if they're
> middle aged (so like their younger mistresses like will think they're like
> younger.)
>
> We don't have a lot of educational shows on network TV in prime time.
> People want to be "entertained", and mostly with sitcoms and airhead
> reality shows.
>
> And ratings are the economic yardsticks in the US on TV. It could be
> worse. It could be Iranian state television I suppose or TV controled by
> the government in China or in North Korea the Dear Ruler. But we're
> getting closer and closer aren't we.
>
> We have numbrains that just threw away $750 billion of your money if you
> are in the US paying taxes, and we have a financier Bernie Maoff who
> stole billions from hedge funds and other funds where experts were
> supposed to be watching money who had no clue who was managing their
> millions. Welcome to the "Gossip Girl" like like USA.
>
>
> "Criminal Minds" is in the top ten; it's a storry about the BAU tracking
> serial killers. That's money making territory.
>
> Many shows I like have been booted off the air because they can't draw
> more than 5 million.
>
> I could probably write a PhD thesis on what gets watched on TV, but there
> are many books.
>
> So the why is in what captures eyeballs, and I don't know where you live,
> but I am a little conversant with the US and there isn't a strong impetus
> for eduation there. Further Exhibit "A"
>
> In the United States there was an election for President recently. A
> woman named Sarah Palin was nominated and cheered by IMHO mush brains
> (yeah I know some of them were white people who make money) but the woman
> was totally unqualified to be an ectopic beat away from the President if
> the President had been a 72 year old man with 4 episodes of metastatic
> melanoma who would not release his medical records.
And yet more mush brains elected a man to be president who has no experience
and no real accomplishment in life. Talk about unqualified. BTW, there is
no need to inject race into this but since you did, why isn't it racist for
upwards of 95% of black voters to not vote for the white candidate yet this
white guy is labeled as a racist because I didn't vote for Obama?


Alias
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Bill Gates 1 hour interview Charlie Rose 12:30A Eastern/3 HoursLater Pacific
Posted: 01-07-2009, 04:47 PM
Pete Stavrakoglou wrote:
> "Chad Harris" <Windows7@Blackcombville.net> wrote in message
> news:usN$ahMZJHA.552@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> He's on at 12:30PM because we have a bell shaped curve full of people who
>> are poorly educated and would rather watch Gospi girl and put the word
>> "like" in their frigging sentences every3rd word like, even if they're
>> middle aged (so like their younger mistresses like will think they're like
>> younger.)
>>
>> We don't have a lot of educational shows on network TV in prime time.
>> People want to be "entertained", and mostly with sitcoms and airhead
>> reality shows.
>>
>> And ratings are the economic yardsticks in the US on TV. It could be
>> worse. It could be Iranian state television I suppose or TV controled by
>> the government in China or in North Korea the Dear Ruler. But we're
>> getting closer and closer aren't we.
>>
>> We have numbrains that just threw away $750 billion of your money if you
>> are in the US paying taxes, and we have a financier Bernie Maoff who
>> stole billions from hedge funds and other funds where experts were
>> supposed to be watching money who had no clue who was managing their
>> millions. Welcome to the "Gossip Girl" like like USA.
>>
>>
>> "Criminal Minds" is in the top ten; it's a storry about the BAU tracking
>> serial killers. That's money making territory.
>>
>> Many shows I like have been booted off the air because they can't draw
>> more than 5 million.
>>
>> I could probably write a PhD thesis on what gets watched on TV, but there
>> are many books.
>>
>> So the why is in what captures eyeballs, and I don't know where you live,
>> but I am a little conversant with the US and there isn't a strong impetus
>> for eduation there. Further Exhibit "A"
>>
>> In the United States there was an election for President recently. A
>> woman named Sarah Palin was nominated and cheered by IMHO mush brains
>> (yeah I know some of them were white people who make money) but the woman
>> was totally unqualified to be an ectopic beat away from the President if
>> the President had been a 72 year old man with 4 episodes of metastatic
>> melanoma who would not release his medical records.
>
> And yet more mush brains elected a man to be president who has no experience
> and no real accomplishment in life. Talk about unqualified. BTW, there is
> no need to inject race into this but since you did, why isn't it racist for
> upwards of 95% of black voters to not vote for the white candidate yet this
> white guy is labeled as a racist because I didn't vote for Obama?
>
>
So you voted for the aging guy who could drop dead any moment and his
Barbie doll?

Alias
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Have you seen the Microsoft Bill Gates/Seinfeld Ad, Seinfeld talks Bill to reveling i Guest Linux / Unix 0 09-08-2008 11:35 PM
OT: Charlie Rose throws Softballs to Bill "The Borg" Gates James J. Dines Mandriva Linux 6 11-27-2006 10:29 PM
Bill Gates print_maker Windows XP Movie Maker 0 04-06-2004 06:15 AM
Bill Gates Rocket J. Squirrel Windows XP Performance & Maintenance 0 04-06-2004 03:58 AM
HELP Mr Bill gates !!! lone gamer Windows XP Network & Web 2 03-02-2004 11:51 AM