Brother MFC 6800 and Vista will not print.

Posted: 11-26-2008, 09:34 PM
New Dell computer with Vista Premium (Updated). Printer will not print under
Vista but will under XP or Windows 98. Microsoft indicates the MFC 6800
printer and Vista are compatible. When printing there are no error messages
and there is no indication that the message did not go through. I have
worked with Dell and Brother with no success and they have referred me back
to Microsoft. I am now getting a message on my screen when first opening the
computer that states: "Run error 339. Component mscomct2.oxc or one of its
dependencies not correctly registered. A file is missing or invalid". Any
suggestions?

Brother MFC 6800 and Vista will not print.


Responses to "Brother MFC 6800 and Vista will not print."

Cari \(MS-MVP\)
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Brother MFC 6800 and Vista will not print.
Posted: 11-28-2008, 03:11 AM
Did you try registering it?
Start > Run: "regsvr32 C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSCOMCT2.OCX"

http://majorgeeks.com/faqshow.php?id=8
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:486900E0-28D6-45FF-B41F-B6E492776384@microsoft.com...
> New Dell computer with Vista Premium (Updated). Printer will not print
> under
> Vista but will under XP or Windows 98. Microsoft indicates the MFC 6800
> printer and Vista are compatible. When printing there are no error
> messages
> and there is no indication that the message did not go through. I have
> worked with Dell and Brother with no success and they have referred me
> back
> to Microsoft. I am now getting a message on my screen when first opening
> the
> computer that states: "Run error 339. Component mscomct2.oxc or one of
> its
> dependencies not correctly registered. A file is missing or invalid".
> Any
> suggestions?
Larry
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Brother MFC 6800 and Vista will not print.
Posted: 12-09-2008, 04:34 AM

Cari,
Thank you for your response.

I tried your suggestion without any luck. I got a message that said "the
module ....failed to load." It then talked about binary problems which is
way beyond my comprehension. It then said "the specified module could not be
found."

Since I posted this problem both Dell and Brother have indicated that
Micosoft does not have a driver for this MFC. I was hoping that Microsoft
might step in and let me know whether they might be including one in the near
future. I have lost all faith in them in trying to get some response to my
problem. And I have a deep adversion to paying $60.00 for them to tell me
that they don't have a driver.

Again, I thank you for your time and effort.
Larry
P.S. I apologize for the delayed answer. It took me forever to find this
posting again and I am still not sure how I got here. Don't laugh!

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
> Did you try registering it?
> Start > Run: "regsvr32 C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSCOMCT2.OCX"
>
> http://majorgeeks.com/faqshow.php?id=8
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
> www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:486900E0-28D6-45FF-B41F-B6E492776384@microsoft.com...
> > New Dell computer with Vista Premium (Updated). Printer will not print
> > under
> > Vista but will under XP or Windows 98. Microsoft indicates the MFC 6800
> > printer and Vista are compatible. When printing there are no error
> > messages
> > and there is no indication that the message did not go through. I have
> > worked with Dell and Brother with no success and they have referred me
> > back
> > to Microsoft. I am now getting a message on my screen when first opening
> > the
> > computer that states: "Run error 339. Component mscomct2.oxc or one of
> > its
> > dependencies not correctly registered. A file is missing or invalid".
> > Any
> > suggestions?
>
Malke
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Brother MFC 6800 and Vista will not print.
Posted: 12-09-2008, 01:09 PM

Larry wrote:
> Cari,
> Thank you for your response.
>
> I tried your suggestion without any luck. I got a message that said "the
> module ....failed to load." It then talked about binary problems which is
> way beyond my comprehension. It then said "the specified module could not
> be found."
>
> Since I posted this problem both Dell and Brother have indicated that
> Micosoft does not have a driver for this MFC. I was hoping that Microsoft
> might step in and let me know whether they might be including one in the
> near
> future. I have lost all faith in them in trying to get some response to
> my
> problem. And I have a deep adversion to paying $60.00 for them to tell me
> that they don't have a driver.
Drivers are written and provided by the hardware mftrs., not by Microsoft.
Any drivers that are included in MS operating systems are submitted to
Microsoft by the hardware mftrs. If Brother has not written a Vista driver
for your printer, then no such driver exists and your printer will not work
with Vista. It has nothing to do with Microsoft directly.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
FAQ - http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/#FAQ

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
brother MFC-9600 vista 64 print drivers not working domenchini Windows Vista Printers & Scanners 15 01-21-2009 01:07 AM
Brother MFC-6800 Driver balefire Windows Vista Hardware & Devices 6 01-08-2008 02:07 PM
Brother MFC-6800 Driver balefire Windows Vista Install & Setup 4 06-14-2006 09:07 PM
Brother MFC 6800 stopped scanning after upgrade to OS 10.28 Jack Stroh Mac Applications 2 11-17-2003 03:54 AM
Brother printer and Brother MFC won't print Joe Windows XP Printers / Scanners / Fax 0 09-12-2003 05:21 AM