Can't select multiple files in the default Download folder

Posted: 06-24-2006, 02:23 PM
I can't select multiple files in the Download folder. This problem only occur
with this folder. Is it only me or is it a new restriction introduce by
Microsoft on Vista? Its really bothering me cause I can only move one file at
a time to an other folder...Someone has the same problem?

Can't select multiple files in the default Download folder


Responses to "Can't select multiple files in the default Download folder"

Mark Scheidell
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Can't select multiple files in the default Download folder
Posted: 06-28-2006, 08:02 PM
I have no problem selecting multiple files in the default download directory

"Krun" <Krun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:A3722024-4AFD-4247-9BF9-9BC5ED96F91A@microsoft.com...
>I can't select multiple files in the Download folder. This problem only
>occur
> with this folder. Is it only me or is it a new restriction introduce by
> Microsoft on Vista? Its really bothering me cause I can only move one file
> at
> a time to an other folder...Someone has the same problem?
>
John
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
RE: Can't select multiple files in the default Download folder
Posted: 07-07-2006, 12:13 AM
I'm having the same problem, and not just in that folder. Every folder
except the base user folder (and the desktop oddly) seems to allow only a
single file to be selected. I've tried this both with the regular selection
method, and the new select by checkbox method. Not sure what the heck this
is, but it is wierd (and annoying .

-John

"Krun" wrote:
> I can't select multiple files in the Download folder. This problem only occur
> with this folder. Is it only me or is it a new restriction introduce by
> Microsoft on Vista? Its really bothering me cause I can only move one file at
> a time to an other folder...Someone has the same problem?
>
Karim
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
RE: Can't select multiple files in the default Download folder
Posted: 11-08-2006, 03:58 AM
I can't believe it, but my computer just started doing this silly thing as
well. If anyone has any idea why this is occurring or how can we stop this
from happening, please let us know. Thanks.

"John" wrote:
> I'm having the same problem, and not just in that folder. Every folder
> except the base user folder (and the desktop oddly) seems to allow only a
> single file to be selected. I've tried this both with the regular selection
> method, and the new select by checkbox method. Not sure what the heck this
> is, but it is wierd (and annoying .
>
> -John
>
> "Krun" wrote:
>
> > I can't select multiple files in the Download folder. This problem only occur
> > with this folder. Is it only me or is it a new restriction introduce by
> > Microsoft on Vista? Its really bothering me cause I can only move one file at
> > a time to an other folder...Someone has the same problem?
> >
dot-bot
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Can't select multiple files in the default Download folder
Posted: 11-16-2006, 08:29 PM

I had this problem too. I've found a solution: go to Folder
Options->View and click on the Reset All Folders button, that should
fix it.


--
dot-bot
------------------------------------------------------------------------
dot-bot's Profile: http://vista64.net/forums/member.php?userid=674
View this thread: http://vista64.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7904

Karim
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Can't select multiple files in the default Download folder
Posted: 11-16-2006, 09:50 PM
Tried that but every so often, it regresses back. But, believe it or not,
the problem went away for me when I turned OFF check boxes for selection.
So, now I don't get to use those nice checkboxes, but at least I can select
multiple files at will

"dot-bot" wrote:
>
> I had this problem too. I've found a solution: go to Folder
> Options->View and click on the Reset All Folders button, that should
> fix it.
>
>
> --
> dot-bot
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> dot-bot's Profile: http://vista64.net/forums/member.php?userid=674
> View this thread: http://vista64.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7904
>
>
dot-bot
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Can't select multiple files in the default Download folder
Posted: 11-17-2006, 06:06 AM

Still OK for me. Did you then click the Apply for All Folders button? I
clicked that one too because Windows Vista would see a folder with .reg
files like a folder with mp3 files and the Type and Date columns etc.
would get replaced with Genre etc. columns.


--
dot-bot
------------------------------------------------------------------------
dot-bot's Profile: http://vista64.net/forums/member.php?userid=674
View this thread: http://vista64.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7904

dot-bot
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Can't select multiple files in the default Download folder
Posted: 11-17-2006, 08:47 AM

Yeah problem occured again, clicked Reset All Folders, closed window,
opened new Windows Explorer windows - now it selects OK.

Where are the settings in the registry ? If we delete them and let
Explorer create them from scratch problem may get solved for good (as I
had similar experience with 32bit XP Explorer hiding Menus etc. that was
solved this way)

P.S. checkbox selecting is enabled - I like it.


--
dot-bot
------------------------------------------------------------------------
dot-bot's Profile: http://vista64.net/forums/member.php?userid=674
View this thread: http://vista64.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7904

vista
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
RE: Can't select multiple files in the default Download folder
Posted: 11-25-2006, 01:58 AM

is there any permanent solution?

is this a bug or vista or what?

is it caused maybe from some programs incompatibility?

any official answer from microsoft?
thanks
dot-bot
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Can't select multiple files in the default Download folder
Posted: 11-25-2006, 08:39 PM

My solution seems permanent, haven't had a problem since I deleted those
regs.

Yes, Microsoft software is buggy by design as most consumer-grade
things that is not military grade. Shame.


Official answer from Microsoft: "..our software is stable bla bla.."
only lies.

Does anyone want that reg file or...?


--
dot-bot
------------------------------------------------------------------------
dot-bot's Profile: http://vista64.net/forums/member.php?userid=674
View this thread: http://vista64.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7904

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Multiple File Select and Select All John Windows Vista File Management 4 03-16-2007 04:11 PM
Can't select multiple files from the default Download folder Krun Windows Vista File Management 1 07-04-2006 04:35 PM
Changing the default download folder rmc409 Windows Vista File Management 1 06-24-2006 07:18 PM
Default Download Folder rmc409 Windows Vista File Management 0 06-23-2006 12:31 AM
Default download directory for IE 7 Deborggraeve Randy Windows Vista 3 03-04-2006 06:52 PM