caps/num lock

Posted: 10-26-2007, 06:23 PM
if I dont have a "typing" window opned and I hit either caps or num lock, I
get a little box that opens up over my toolbar to notify me of the change.
this is really annoying when trying to game as it causes game play to be
disrupted. can anyone tell me how to turn that darn little box off? im
using vista ultimate

thanks

caps/num lock


Responses to "caps/num lock"

Nepatsfan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: caps/num lock
Posted: 10-26-2007, 09:06 PM
In news:815CE425-71C7-46CA-AAA7-69605703D651@microsoft.com,
me <me@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> if I dont have a "typing" window opned and I hit either caps
> or num lock, I
> get a little box that opens up over my toolbar to notify me
> of the change.
> this is really annoying when trying to game as it causes game
> play to be
> disrupted. can anyone tell me how to turn that darn little
> box off? im
> using vista ultimate
>
> thanks
What make and model keyboard are you using?
If it came with software on CD that you installed, go to
Control Panel and double click the Keyboard icon.
Check to see if there is a setting that notifies you when these
keys are pressed.

Good luck

Nepatsfan


me
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: caps/num lock
Posted: 10-26-2007, 11:05 PM

its on a laptop. no cd came with it. and I dont have a keyboard icon in my
CP. I have mouse and everything else. just no keyboard.

ty
Nepatsfan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: caps/num lock
Posted: 10-27-2007, 12:20 AM
In news:09186C0E-9018-442A-B399-4DFCC9781FAB@microsoft.com,
me <me@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> its on a laptop. no cd came with it. and I dont have a
> keyboard icon in my
> CP. I have mouse and everything else. just no keyboard.
>
> ty
Check with the laptop manufacturer. See if there is any mention
of this feature in the laptop's manual.

Nepatsfan


PaulB
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: caps/num lock
Posted: 10-27-2007, 02:22 AM
As far as I know, this is not a Vista feature. It must be something the
laptop manufacturer added.
--
Paul


"Nepatsfan" wrote:
> In news:09186C0E-9018-442A-B399-4DFCC9781FAB@microsoft.com,
> me <me@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > its on a laptop. no cd came with it. and I dont have a
> > keyboard icon in my
> > CP. I have mouse and everything else. just no keyboard.
> >
> > ty
>
> Check with the laptop manufacturer. See if there is any mention
> of this feature in the laptop's manual.
>
> Nepatsfan
>
>
>
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CAPS release key change from CAPS LOCK to SHIFT Alex Leung Customize Windows XP 0 06-21-2004 11:02 PM
Caps-lock Don Customize Windows XP 2 05-17-2004 08:54 PM
Caps Lock vic Windows XP Hardware 2 11-18-2003 09:35 PM
caps lock dekoningbublitz@tiscalli.nl Windows XP Performance & Maintenance 0 10-20-2003 04:24 PM
Caps Lock & Scroll Lock lights BLINK atlantis Linux / Unix 5 07-11-2003 10:51 PM