cd rom games

Posted: 07-25-2008, 08:23 PM
bought new computer with dual core processor and vista installed. all my old
games crash that worked fine in xp. all games that require the cd in the
drive refuse to work or crash after start up. all the games that sit on the
hard drive and don't require the cd work normally.

help..............

cd rom games


Responses to "cd rom games"

Dustin Harper
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: cd rom games
Posted: 07-26-2008, 07:38 PM
Try right clicking the game, and select Properties. Then click on the
Compatibility Tab. Select "Windows XP SP2" and click Ok.

Launch the game and see if that works. Also, make sure that all your drivers
are updated. Are ALL the games that use the CD drive not working? Can you
install and do anything else with the CD drive?

--

Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com
http://www.vistarip.com | Vista Resource & Information Page



"IMLEX46" <IMLEX46@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:E8592A58-F1F0-4351-8AFA-D755B3115A4B@microsoft.com...
> bought new computer with dual core processor and vista installed. all my
> old
> games crash that worked fine in xp. all games that require the cd in the
> drive refuse to work or crash after start up. all the games that sit on
> the
> hard drive and don't require the cd work normally.
>
> help..............
>
IMLEX46
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: cd rom games
Posted: 07-26-2008, 08:51 PM
Did all that and more. tried in all compatability modes. I can install all
the games and programs. disk drive works normally. when game gets to the
first point where it has to draw info off the cd rom, it crashes. gives error
<speed .exe has stopped working>
a problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

fun.



"Dustin Harper" wrote:
> Try right clicking the game, and select Properties. Then click on the
> Compatibility Tab. Select "Windows XP SP2" and click Ok.
>
> Launch the game and see if that works. Also, make sure that all your drivers
> are updated. Are ALL the games that use the CD drive not working? Can you
> install and do anything else with the CD drive?
>
> --
>
> Dustin Harper
> dharper@vistarip.com
> http://www.vistarip.com | Vista Resource & Information Page
>
>
>
> "IMLEX46" <IMLEX46@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:E8592A58-F1F0-4351-8AFA-D755B3115A4B@microsoft.com...
> > bought new computer with dual core processor and vista installed. all my
> > old
> > games crash that worked fine in xp. all games that require the cd in the
> > drive refuse to work or crash after start up. all the games that sit on
> > the
> > hard drive and don't require the cd work normally.
> >
> > help..............
> >
>
Shane Nokes
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: cd rom games
Posted: 07-27-2008, 07:57 AM
What games are you trying to run?
"IMLEX46" <IMLEX46@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C525C5D-33F9-4802-99AA-E89B55407D4E@microsoft.com...
Did all that and more. tried in all compatability modes. I can install all
the games and programs. disk drive works normally. when game gets to the
first point where it has to draw info off the cd rom, it crashes. gives error
<speed .exe has stopped working>
a problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

fun.



"Dustin Harper" wrote:
> Try right clicking the game, and select Properties. Then click on the
> Compatibility Tab. Select "Windows XP SP2" and click Ok.
>
> Launch the game and see if that works. Also, make sure that all your drivers
> are updated. Are ALL the games that use the CD drive not working? Can you
> install and do anything else with the CD drive?
>
> --
>
> Dustin Harper
> dharper@vistarip.com
> http://www.vistarip.com | Vista Resource & Information Page
>
>
>
> "IMLEX46" <IMLEX46@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:E8592A58-F1F0-4351-8AFA-D755B3115A4B@microsoft.com...
> > bought new computer with dual core processor and vista installed. all my
> > old
> > games crash that worked fine in xp. all games that require the cd in the
> > drive refuse to work or crash after start up. all the games that sit on
> > the
> > hard drive and don't require the cd work normally.
> >
> > help..............
> >
>
IMLEX46
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: cd rom games
Posted: 07-27-2008, 02:34 PM
all need for speed, monopoly, battleship, exc. the games load, some i can get
going with compatability mode but crash at first disk access point, in
different compatability modes, after installing, it gives a message, insert
correct disk in drive.


"Shane Nokes" wrote:
> What games are you trying to run?
> "IMLEX46" <IMLEX46@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:5C525C5D-33F9-4802-99AA-E89B55407D4E@microsoft.com...
> Did all that and more. tried in all compatability modes. I can install
> all
> the games and programs. disk drive works normally. when game gets to the
> first point where it has to draw info off the cd rom, it crashes. gives
> error
> <speed .exe has stopped working>
> a problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
> windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is
> available.
>
> fun.
>
>
>
> "Dustin Harper" wrote:
>
> > Try right clicking the game, and select Properties. Then click on the
> > Compatibility Tab. Select "Windows XP SP2" and click Ok.
> >
> > Launch the game and see if that works. Also, make sure that all your
> drivers
> > are updated. Are ALL the games that use the CD drive not working? Can
> you
> > install and do anything else with the CD drive?
> >
> > --
> >
> > Dustin Harper
> > dharper@vistarip.com
> > http://www.vistarip.com | Vista Resource & Information Page
> >
> >
> >
> > "IMLEX46" <IMLEX46@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:E8592A58-F1F0-4351-8AFA-D755B3115A4B@microsoft.com...
> > > bought new computer with dual core processor and vista installed.
> all my
> > > old
> > > games crash that worked fine in xp. all games that require the cd in
> the
> > > drive refuse to work or crash after start up. all the games that sit
> on
> > > the
> > > hard drive and don't require the cd work normally.
> > >
> > > help..............
> > >
> >
>
nasadell
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: cd rom games
Posted: 07-28-2008, 01:25 AM
I am having the same problem with the Sims. I installed it a few days ago,
everything worked wonderfully and then one day it just wouldn't load. Tells
me that the program has to be closed. I uninstalled and made sure all game
data was deleted, reinstalled, and still not working. Also tried all
different compatibility modes.
Why would it work fine one day and never work again?



"IMLEX46" wrote:
> all need for speed, monopoly, battleship, exc. the games load, some i can get
> going with compatability mode but crash at first disk access point, in
> different compatability modes, after installing, it gives a message, insert
> correct disk in drive.
>
>
> "Shane Nokes" wrote:
>
> > What games are you trying to run?
> > "IMLEX46" <IMLEX46@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:5C525C5D-33F9-4802-99AA-E89B55407D4E@microsoft.com...
> > Did all that and more. tried in all compatability modes. I can install
> > all
> > the games and programs. disk drive works normally. when game gets to the
> > first point where it has to draw info off the cd rom, it crashes. gives
> > error
> > <speed .exe has stopped working>
> > a problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
> > windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is
> > available.
> >
> > fun.
> >
> >
> >
> > "Dustin Harper" wrote:
> >
> > > Try right clicking the game, and select Properties. Then click on the
> > > Compatibility Tab. Select "Windows XP SP2" and click Ok.
> > >
> > > Launch the game and see if that works. Also, make sure that all your
> > drivers
> > > are updated. Are ALL the games that use the CD drive not working? Can
> > you
> > > install and do anything else with the CD drive?
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Dustin Harper
> > > dharper@vistarip.com
> > > http://www.vistarip.com | Vista Resource & Information Page
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > "IMLEX46" <IMLEX46@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > news:E8592A58-F1F0-4351-8AFA-D755B3115A4B@microsoft.com...
> > > > bought new computer with dual core processor and vista installed.
> > all my
> > > > old
> > > > games crash that worked fine in xp. all games that require the cd in
> > the
> > > > drive refuse to work or crash after start up. all the games that sit
> > on
> > > > the
> > > > hard drive and don't require the cd work normally.
> > > >
> > > > help..............
> > > >
> > >
> >
IMLEX46
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
RE: cd rom games
Posted: 07-28-2008, 05:07 AM
I think its a conspiricy to force us all to buy new games........lol


"IMLEX46" wrote:
> bought new computer with dual core processor and vista installed. all my old
> games crash that worked fine in xp. all games that require the cd in the
> drive refuse to work or crash after start up. all the games that sit on the
> hard drive and don't require the cd work normally.
>
> help..............
>
Frenchy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: cd rom games
Posted: 07-28-2008, 07:42 AM
IMLEX46 wrote:
> Did all that and more. tried in all compatability modes. I can install all
> the games and programs. disk drive works normally. when game gets to the
> first point where it has to draw info off the cd rom, it crashes. gives error
> <speed .exe has stopped working>
> a problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
> windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.
>
> fun.
>
snip

You may have a dud DVD drive?

However, why not go to

http://www.gameburnworld.com/gameburnworld.htm

Click on GAME FIXES to the left and download a No-CD file, so you no
longer need to use the CDROM/DVD to play the game(s)

Frenchy
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Basic Games in XP replaced by Internet games bograt Windows XP Games 4 11-02-2008 05:00 PM
How do I register older games in the Games Explorer Mark Windows Vista Games 1 07-07-2007 07:46 AM
error starting games via Start - Games ; File association rberkenpas Windows Vista Games 0 07-11-2006 07:48 AM
Error starting games via games menu "this file does not have a pro rberkenpas Windows Vista Games 0 07-11-2006 07:47 AM
Difficulty loading games-- Zoo Tycoon and Hoyle Card Games MatthewMeinen Windows XP Games 3 01-27-2005 04:09 PM