Changing Icons in Vista..

Posted: 11-22-2008, 01:05 AM
I notice that when I try and change an icon to something better than just
the Windows version of what it thinks an icon should have for a picture,
that I can't make the change. I click on a new picture and save it, and no
sir.... that windows picture remains.

Whats there fix for this, if there is one...??


---
Ted Gervais
6233 CR 609
Site 325
Bushnell, Florida
33513

Changing Icons in Vista..


Responses to "Changing Icons in Vista.."

MeerCat
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
RE: Changing Icons in Vista..
Posted: 11-29-2008, 02:24 AM
I've found I had the same problem only with certain icons. Just pick
another, and another, until you find one that will "stick". Even then,
sometimes they just disappear and revert back to the original one like when
there's a power outage or something. Another "fluke" of Vista, albeit a
rather 'minor' one. There are much 'huger' issues with this stinky OS. I
really hate that if you bought a new PC you get stuck with this lousy, lousy
program. I'm really disgusted with the hours & hours I've spent trying to
fix things that are probably unfixable. It seems there is an impact on every
other program that's loaded, including Norton. Excuse me while I
vent....Good luck to you.

"Ted Gervais" wrote:
> I notice that when I try and change an icon to something better than just
> the Windows version of what it thinks an icon should have for a picture,
> that I can't make the change. I click on a new picture and save it, and no
> sir.... that windows picture remains.
>
> Whats there fix for this, if there is one...??
>
>
> ---
> Ted Gervais
> 6233 CR 609
> Site 325
> Bushnell, Florida
> 33513
>
>
Ted Gervais
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Changing Icons in Vista..
Posted: 11-30-2008, 08:51 PM

"MeerCat" <MeerCat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:16F87340-F05F-47DE-9BDF-C6642B1B6CBC@microsoft.com...
> I've found I had the same problem only with certain icons. Just pick
> another, and another, until you find one that will "stick". Even then,
> sometimes they just disappear and revert back to the original one like
> when
> there's a power outage or something.
Yes!!! That is what I was trying to describe. I think we have all seen
this. It is a simple problem that probably can't be fixed. I don't know.
But I am glad you came along and described the problem better than I did.

Thanks again, and perhaps this further explanation might help others as
well..


Another "fluke" of Vista, albeit a
> rather 'minor' one. There are much 'huger' issues with this stinky OS. I
> really hate that if you bought a new PC you get stuck with this lousy,
> lousy
> program. I'm really disgusted with the hours & hours I've spent trying to
> fix things that are probably unfixable. It seems there is an impact on
> every
> other program that's loaded, including Norton. Excuse me while I
> vent....Good luck to you.
>
> "Ted Gervais" wrote:
>
>> I notice that when I try and change an icon to something better than just
>> the Windows version of what it thinks an icon should have for a picture,
>> that I can't make the change. I click on a new picture and save it, and
>> no
>> sir.... that windows picture remains.
>>
>> Whats there fix for this, if there is one...??
>>
>>
>> ---
>> Ted Gervais
>> 6233 CR 609
>> Site 325
>> Bushnell, Florida
>> 33513
>>
>>
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
changing office icons karencheatham@gmail.com Mac Office 2 08-11-2007 06:33 AM
Changing Icons. dbconfessional Customize Windows XP 1 02-27-2005 01:35 AM
Changing or assigning icons Richard Customize Windows XP 9 02-12-2005 04:36 AM
Changing Icons Steph Customize Windows XP 20 02-07-2005 03:45 PM
Customized icons changing Larry Customize Windows XP 1 08-28-2003 07:26 AM