copy & paste using Remote Desktop on Windows XP Pro?

Posted: 07-29-2004, 10:30 PM
Hi all,

I often met with problem using copy & paste on my three Windows XP Pro's
using Remote Desktop.

Between the two Windows XP Pro at my home on a local network, I can copy &
paste even files, pictures, or texts, with no problem at all. Maybe some
times these don't work but I have tried enough many.

But between the Windows XP Pro on my office PC and my home PC, connecting
from office PC to home PC, it cannot copy & paste files, directories. And
from time to time, even copy and paste texts does not work. But some time, a
local file can be pasted to the remote PC when I write email as an email
attachment. But again, some times it does not work.

What might be the problem?

Is there any rules on when the copy & paste text/image/files/directory work,
when they don't work?

Thanks a lot


copy & paste using Remote Desktop on Windows XP Pro?


Responses to "copy & paste using Remote Desktop on Windows XP Pro?"

Shenan Stanley
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: copy & paste using Remote Desktop on Windows XP Pro?
Posted: 07-29-2004, 10:40 PM
netwom wrote:
netwom8848@yahoo.com
> I often met with problem using copy & paste on my three Windows XP
> Pro's using Remote Desktop.
>
> Between the two Windows XP Pro at my home on a local network, I can
> copy & paste even files, pictures, or texts, with no problem at all.
> Maybe some times these don't work but I have tried enough many.
>
> But between the Windows XP Pro on my office PC and my home PC,
> connecting from office PC to home PC, it cannot copy & paste files,
> directories. And from time to time, even copy and paste texts does
> not work. But some time, a local file can be pasted to the remote PC
> when I write email as an email attachment. But again, some times it
> does not work.
>
> What might be the problem?
>
> Is there any rules on when the copy & paste
> text/image/files/directory work, when they don't work?
Maybe this will help:

Cannot Paste Information Between Local and Remote Computer During Remote
Desktop Connection
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306885

And perhaps this:

To copy and paste a file from a remote computer to a local computer
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...emotelocal.asp
( Shorter Link: http://snipurl.com/846t )

--
<- Shenan ->
--
The information is provided "as is", with no guarantees of
completeness, accuracy or timeliness, and without warranties of any
kind, express or implied. In other words, read up before you take any
advice - you are the one ultimately responsible for your actions.


netwom
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: copy & paste using Remote Desktop on Windows XP Pro?
Posted: 07-30-2004, 06:22 AM

"Shenan Stanley" <news_helper@hushmail.com> wrote in message
news:%23QrYG0bdEHA.3560@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> netwom wrote:
> netwom8848@yahoo.com
> > I often met with problem using copy & paste on my three Windows XP
> > Pro's using Remote Desktop.
> >
> > Between the two Windows XP Pro at my home on a local network, I can
> > copy & paste even files, pictures, or texts, with no problem at all.
> > Maybe some times these don't work but I have tried enough many.
> >
> > But between the Windows XP Pro on my office PC and my home PC,
> > connecting from office PC to home PC, it cannot copy & paste files,
> > directories. And from time to time, even copy and paste texts does
> > not work. But some time, a local file can be pasted to the remote PC
> > when I write email as an email attachment. But again, some times it
> > does not work.
> >
> > What might be the problem?
> >
> > Is there any rules on when the copy & paste
> > text/image/files/directory work, when they don't work?
>
> Maybe this will help:
>
> Cannot Paste Information Between Local and Remote Computer During Remote
> Desktop Connection
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306885
>
> And perhaps this:
>
> To copy and paste a file from a remote computer to a local computer
>
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...emotelocal.asp
> ( Shorter Link: http://snipurl.com/846t )
>
> --
> <- Shenan ->
> --
> The information is provis", with no guarantees of
> completeness, accuracy or timeliness, and without warranties of any
> kind, express or implied. In other words, read up before you take any
> advice - you are the one ultimately responsible for your actions.
>
>
Hi Shenan,

Thank you a lot. But I have already connected those local resources, disks
and printers.

I am just wondering why some times copy & paste work and some times they
don't work among these XPs.

When they work, they are really wonderful, I can even copy & paste files,
that's not the one like the sharing folder, I mean, I can copy a
file/directory on one PC, then go to the window of another PC, then go to
any directory I want, then paste the file/directory.

This is not the one like the sharing folder: in sharing folder approach, I
need to go into the window of the remote PC, then go into disk "Z on
tsclient", then copy or paste the file/directory there. This method is
oftern very very slow, even within local area network.

So I try to avoid sharing folder method, such as "Z on tsclient".

I know some times it is possible to use the previous method. I tried, they
worked. But most times they don't work. Even copy text/images some times
don't work.

I don't know why. Can you help?

Thanks a lot,

-N


 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How can I add Delete, Cut, Paste and Copy buttons in Windows Explo Moonwalker Windows Vista File Management 1 09-16-2007 11:18 PM
copy and paste Thomas Hahn Windows XP New Users 2 04-20-2004 07:47 PM
Cannot copy/paste in RD Windows XP Work Remotely 1 10-30-2003 02:24 AM
Copy and Paste DaugWok Windows XP Work Remotely 2 08-31-2003 05:23 AM
cannot copy and paste with remote access Sooner Al Windows XP Work Remotely 0 08-26-2003 09:12 PM