crashed Vista laptop, how to re-install?

Posted: 01-14-2009, 11:55 PM
Hi there,

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop here and it had been dropped on the floor and the hard drive is toast.

I put another hard drive in it and I went and tried to use a Vista Ultimate DVD to install, it failed the keycode that's on the laptop. Then I tried Vista Home Premium, which is the one in the laptop....that also failed the keycode.

When they came out with Vista, I was under the impression that all Vista DVDs were the same and the editions would depend on the keycode.

The person who owns this laptop did not make a recovery DVD.

How to go about installing Vista on this laptop using the laptops key code?

Thanks,

Gordon

crashed Vista laptop, how to re-install?

Responses to "crashed Vista laptop, how to re-install?"

peter

Re: crashed Vista laptop, how to re-install?
Posted: 01-15-2009, 02:08 AM
The recovery partition is on the old HD...and nobody bothered to make a copy.. tsk! tsk! tsk!
You will need to contact Toshiba and see if you can BUY a Recovery CD.
The version of Vista you need to use the same key would be an OEM version..Vista Home Premium OEM
peter

--
If you find a posting or message from me offensive,inappropriate
or disruptive,please ignore it.
If you dont know how to ignore a posting complain
to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate :-)
"Gordon J. Rattray" <gords@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:%23CQnaOqdJHA.3708@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
Hi there,

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop here and it had been dropped on the floor and the hard drive is toast.

I put another hard drive in it and I went and tried to use a Vista Ultimate DVD to install, it failed the keycode that's on the laptop. Then I tried Vista Home Premium, which is the one in the laptop....that also failed the keycode.

When they came out with Vista, I was under the impression that all Vista DVDs were the same and the editions would depend on the keycode.

The person who owns this laptop did not make a recovery DVD.

How to go about installing Vista on this laptop using the laptops key code?

Thanks,

Gordon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes