decryting a file after keys r lost in vista due to formatting

Posted: 12-10-2007, 07:38 PM
Hi,
i am using windows vista business in my sony vaio laptop. nd i made some
of my files encrypted during normal use with the help of fingerprint
sensor
without providing the additional password , only swiping the finger on
sensor could
unlock those files but it can not be unlocked by a password bcoz i didnt
provide it at the time of encryption. nd then recently i formatted my
windows
vista without decrypting those locked files and now i have installed new
copy
of windows vista on my laptop , but i m unable to unlock the encrypted
files .
cud anyone pls help me to know the solution for decrypting the files
again.
pls mail me the solution.
i seriously need your help pls.....
nd i lost all the keys nd certificates of previous windows vista nd there
is
no backup of any key or certificate.

decryting a file after keys r lost in vista due to formatting


Responses to "decryting a file after keys r lost in vista due to formatting"

brink
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: decryting a file after keys r lost in vista due to formatting
Posted: 12-10-2007, 09:57 PM

Vicky-Aryan;540318 Wrote:
> Hi
> i am using windows vista business in my sony vaio laptop. nd i mad
> som
> of my files encrypted during normal use with the help of fingerprin
> senso
> without providing the additional password , only swiping the finger o
> sensor coul
> unlock those files but it can not be unlocked by a password bcoz
> didn
> provide it at the time of encryption. nd then recently i formatted m
> window
> vista without decrypting those locked files and now i have installe
> ne
> cop
> of windows vista on my laptop , but i m unable to unlock the encrypte
> files
> cud anyone pls help me to know the solution for decrypting the file
> again
> pls mail me the solution
> i seriously need your help pls....
> nd i lost all the keys nd certificates of previous windows vista n
> ther
> i
> no backup of any key or certificate
Hi Vicky-Aryan

You might try this program called "Advanced EFS Data Recovery". Yo
can download a 30 day free trial. It should be able to decrypt it fo
you

'CRACK PASSWORD - Advanced EFS Data Recovery
(http://www.crackpassword.com/products/prs/mswin/efs/

Shaw

--
brin

*There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask them.*
WWW.VISTAX64.COM (\"HTTP://WWW.VISTAX64.COM\"
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Vicky-Aryan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: decryting a file after keys r lost in vista due to formatting
Posted: 12-11-2007, 09:17 PM
hi brink,
actually i tried advanced efs data recovery software but it could not solve
my problem ,so can u pls tell me some other alternate method or expert
recovery method to decrypt the folder.
brink thanks a lot for taking so much of pain for me.

"brink" wrote:
>
> Vicky-Aryan;540318 Wrote:
> > Hi,
> > i am using windows vista business in my sony vaio laptop. nd i made
> > some
> > of my files encrypted during normal use with the help of fingerprint
> > sensor
> > without providing the additional password , only swiping the finger on
> > sensor could
> > unlock those files but it can not be unlocked by a password bcoz i
> > didnt
> > provide it at the time of encryption. nd then recently i formatted my
> > windows
> > vista without decrypting those locked files and now i have installed
> > new
> > copy
> > of windows vista on my laptop , but i m unable to unlock the encrypted
> > files .
> > cud anyone pls help me to know the solution for decrypting the files
> > again.
> > pls mail me the solution.
> > i seriously need your help pls.....
> > nd i lost all the keys nd certificates of previous windows vista nd
> > there
> > is
> > no backup of any key or certificate.
>
> Hi Vicky-Aryan,
>
> You might try this program called "Advanced EFS Data Recovery". You
> can download a 30 day free trial. It should be able to decrypt it for
> you.
>
> 'CRACK PASSWORD - Advanced EFS Data Recovery'
> (http://www.crackpassword.com/products/prs/mswin/efs/)
>
> Shawn
>
>
> --
> brink
>
> *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask them.*
> WWW.VISTAX64.COM (\"HTTP://WWW.VISTAX64.COM\")
> *Please post feedback to help others.*
>
brink
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: decryting a file after keys r lost in vista due to formatting
Posted: 12-11-2007, 09:38 PM

Vicky-Aryan;541569 Wrote:
> hi brink
> actually i tried advanced efs data recovery software but it could no
> solv
> my problem ,so can u pls tell me some other alternate method or exper
> recovery method to decrypt the folder
> brink thanks a lot for taking so much of pain for me
>
Vicky-Aryan

You might try contacting the fingerprint software company to see i
they have a method for decrypting the files for you. Without th
backups of the certificates it may be a total loss

Sorry
Shaw

--
brin

*There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask them.*
WWW.VISTAX64.COM (\"HTTP://WWW.VISTAX64.COM\"
*Please post feedback to help others.*
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
people looking for lost activation keys sulky_uk Windows Vista Administration 2 09-14-2006 08:58 PM
Vista Product Keys Ronald B. Windows Vista Administration 6 09-09-2006 12:07 AM
Vista: Multiple Startup Keys on one USB flash drive tavis Windows Vista Security 2 07-12-2006 02:30 AM
Windows Vista Beta 2 (public) product keys Zack Whittaker Windows Vista 8 06-08-2006 12:17 PM
Batch file: deleting registry keys HTTP Dr. Windows XP Embedded 3 01-24-2004 04:16 AM