Deleted folder appears again

Posted: 09-11-2008, 03:08 PM

Hi, I have deleted an unwanted folder(which is empty) from my user'
music sub-folder. But it came back later. I tried either to empty th
Recycle Bin folder and leave it there but the unwanted folder just wan
to be presente. How to delete it definitely

--
speedkin
Posted via http://www.vistaheads.co

Deleted folder appears again


Responses to "Deleted folder appears again"

DDW
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Deleted folder appears again
Posted: 09-11-2008, 05:26 PM
speedking <speedking.3fkxg2@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote:
>Hi, I have deleted an unwanted folder(which is empty) from my user's
>music sub-folder. But it came back later. I tried either to empty the
>Recycle Bin folder and leave it there but the unwanted folder just want
>to be presente. How to delete it definitely?
You didn't name the folder, but I'm sure it's being created by a
program you have that also will let you download music.

Don't like to see it? Right-click it, choose Properties, make it
hidden.

DDW
--
Reply via this group
No email please
Jukka
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Deleted folder appears again
Posted: 09-11-2008, 06:08 PM
I've tried to delete the "Music" folder from my personal folder (the one with
desktop, documents, blaa, blaa). Or more precisely I wanted to clean the
personal folder up a bit by moving music, pictures and videos into a separate
subfolder. Anyway, lets just stick to the music folder and it's deletion. The
folder keeps reappearing, it won't hide, and I'm getting frustrated.

Shouldn't programs ask or at least notify the user before creating new
folders (especially into such a prominent place as the user's personal
folder)? Is there a way to delete it permanently? Or is this a
screw-you-loser-user -feature?

Also, I couldn't find a way to remove "Music" from the start menu. I could
remove "Pictures", "Computer", even "Documents", but not "Music". What's with
the music ?

speedking
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Deleted folder appears again
Posted: 09-11-2008, 06:19 PM

DDW, to hide the folder not really kill it! I found the answer given b
Brian who wrote in the "Deleted folder re-appears" posted by Nicholas
on 9-11-2007. anyway thanks your repl
speedkin

--
speedkin
Posted via http://www.vistaheads.co

DDW
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Deleted folder appears again
Posted: 09-11-2008, 06:27 PM
Jukka <Jukka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>I've tried to delete the "Music" folder from my personal folder (the one with
>desktop, documents, blaa, blaa). Or more precisely I wanted to clean the
>personal folder up a bit by moving music, pictures and videos into a separate
>subfolder.
Right-click the folder you want to move.

Choose Properties, then click the "location" tab. Figure it out from
there.
>Anyway, lets just stick to the music folder and it's deletion. The
>folder keeps reappearing, it won't hide, and I'm getting frustrated.
>
>Shouldn't programs ask or at least notify the user before creating new
>folders (especially into such a prominent place as the user's personal
>folder)? Is there a way to delete it permanently? Or is this a
>screw-you-loser-user -feature?
>
>Also, I couldn't find a way to remove "Music" from the start menu. I could
>remove "Pictures", "Computer", even "Documents", but not "Music". What's with
>the music ?
Click Start, then right-click in the black area.

Properties

Start menu tab, then "customize".

You need to play around with things more before asking for help. This
was some really BASIC stuff.

DDW
--
Reply via this group
No email please
Jukka
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Deleted folder appears again
Posted: 09-11-2008, 07:15 PM


"DDW" wrote:
> Jukka <Jukka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I've tried to delete the "Music" folder from my personal folder (the one with
> >desktop, documents, blaa, blaa). Or more precisely I wanted to clean the
> >personal folder up a bit by moving music, pictures and videos into a separate
> >subfolder.
>
> Right-click the folder you want to move.
>
> Choose Properties, then click the "location" tab. Figure it out from
> there.
Oddly I have a "Music" folder showing up on my personal folder, but its
location is NOT pointing to my personal folder. Apparently it is some kind of
automated linking system to link a folder named music to the personal folder.
But the folder keeps appearing after a while even I don't create such a
folder anywhere else. It also appears instantly if I create a folder named
"Music" in a subfolder of my personal folder.
What am I supposed to figure out from this?
> >Anyway, lets just stick to the music folder and it's deletion. The
> >folder keeps reappearing, it won't hide, and I'm getting frustrated.
> >
> >Shouldn't programs ask or at least notify the user before creating new
> >folders (especially into such a prominent place as the user's personal
> >folder)? Is there a way to delete it permanently? Or is this a
> >screw-you-loser-user -feature?
> >
> >Also, I couldn't find a way to remove "Music" from the start menu. I could
> >remove "Pictures", "Computer", even "Documents", but not "Music". What's with
> >the music ?
>
> Click Start, then right-click in the black area.
>
> Properties
>
> Start menu tab, then "customize".
>
Earlier I went through the list of options in the customization a couple of
times, but couldn't find any mention of music. I'm pretty sure it wasn't
there. It's a three radio button option and not easy to miss. After reading
your reply I checked it again, and all of a sudden the option was there. Now
it's gone again. Nothing between "Highlight newly ..." and "Network".
> You need to play around with things more before asking for help. This
> was some really BASIC stuff.
I know it's basic. That's why I'm getting frustrated.

speedking
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Deleted folder appears again
Posted: 09-11-2008, 07:25 PM

Jukka, have u ever used the Windows Media Player's rip function? if you
do then try to change the "rip music location"
Open Windows Media Player-rip-more options-rip music
and change the rip location
speedking


--
speedking
Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com

Jukka
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Deleted folder appears again
Posted: 09-11-2008, 07:30 PM
I think I figured out the disappearing-reappearing option to show music in
the start menu.
If the folder is deleted from personal folder (and has not yet reappeared),
the option to show or not to show it in start menu is not shown, since no
such folder exists. However, the music in the start menu is still shown, but
points to a non-existing folder.
Jukka
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Deleted folder appears again
Posted: 09-11-2008, 07:35 PM


"speedking" wrote:
>
> Jukka, have u ever used the Windows Media Player's rip function? if you
> do then try to change the "rip music location"
> Open Windows Media Player-rip-more options-rip music
> and change the rip location
> speedking
>
>
> --
> speedking
> Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
>
>
been there, done that
The folder still keeps reappearing
DDW
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Deleted folder appears again
Posted: 09-11-2008, 08:30 PM
Jukka <Jukka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>Oddly I have a "Music" folder showing up on my personal folder, but its
>location is NOT pointing to my personal folder. Apparently it is some kind of
>automated linking system to link a folder named music to the personal folder.
Being more precise, you would have said "My Music" folder. Something
completely different.

DDW
--
Reply via this group
No email please
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Search Displays Deleted File Names (in deleted folder) Avery Tom Deacon Harry Windows Vista File Management 0 07-03-2008 12:23 AM
Deleted folder re-appears Nicholas J Windows Vista File Management 5 09-11-2007 09:14 PM
Folder appears on startup kenko Customize Windows XP 1 10-15-2003 09:45 PM
System32 folder always appears at startup Dianne Windows XP Help & Support 2 08-01-2003 01:14 AM
folder appears on desktop John Savill Windows XP Basics 1 06-30-2003 03:35 PM