Deleted Temp Folder

Posted: 03-20-2008, 06:11 PM
I sent my temporary internet folder to the recycle bin and deleted it. There
are no cookies in my view file on the control panel even after visiting
sites.. Is there any way to add a temporary internet folder that tracks
cookies or are they being stored anywhere else? Thanks.

Deleted Temp Folder


Responses to "Deleted Temp Folder"

Bob F.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Deleted Temp Folder
Posted: 03-20-2008, 06:15 PM
It should come back by itself. Are you getting errors indications or error
messages otherwise?

--
Regards, BobF.
"sfd234" <sfd234@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:A915E1F5-2DDE-4EDA-ACD9-4B9BA9757FF8@microsoft.com...
>I sent my temporary internet folder to the recycle bin and deleted it.
>There
> are no cookies in my view file on the control panel even after visiting
> sites.. Is there any way to add a temporary internet folder that tracks
> cookies or are they being stored anywhere else? Thanks.
Bob
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Deleted Temp Folder
Posted: 03-20-2008, 06:34 PM

Take a look in C:\Users\username\Cookies\Low.
-------
*Report back, please*
[When responding to posts, please include the post(s) you are replying to so
that others may learn and benefit from the issue]

[How to ask a question]
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

> "sfd234" <sfd234@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:A915E1F5-2DDE-4EDA-ACD9-4B9BA9757FF8@microsoft.com...
>>I sent my temporary internet folder to the recycle bin and deleted it.
>>There
>> are no cookies in my view file on the control panel even after visiting
>> sites.. Is there any way to add a temporary internet folder that tracks
>> cookies or are they being stored anywhere else? Thanks.
>
Andy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
RE: Deleted Temp Folder
Posted: 03-20-2008, 06:59 PM

--
Andy


"sfd234" wrote:
> I sent my temporary internet folder to the recycle bin and deleted it. There
> are no cookies in my view file on the control panel even after visiting
> sites.. Is there any way to add a temporary internet folder that tracks
> cookies or are they being stored anywhere else? Thanks.
sfd234
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Deleted Temp Folder
Posted: 03-20-2008, 07:09 PM
Thanks for geting back to me. It says no items match my search.

"Bob" wrote:
>
> Take a look in C:\Users\username\Cookies\Low.
> -------
> *Report back, please*
> [When responding to posts, please include the post(s) you are replying to so
> that others may learn and benefit from the issue]
>
> > "sfd234" <sfd234@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:A915E1F5-2DDE-4EDA-ACD9-4B9BA9757FF8@microsoft.com...
> >>I sent my temporary internet folder to the recycle bin and deleted it.
> >>There
> >> are no cookies in my view file on the control panel even after visiting
> >> sites.. Is there any way to add a temporary internet folder that tracks
> >> cookies or are they being stored anywhere else? Thanks.
> >
sfd234
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Deleted Temp Folder
Posted: 03-20-2008, 07:09 PM


"Bob F." wrote:
> It should come back by itself. Are you getting errors indications or error
> messages otherwise?
>
> --
> Regards, BobF.
> "sfd234" <sfd234@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:A915E1F5-2DDE-4EDA-ACD9-4B9BA9757FF8@microsoft.com...
> >I sent my temporary internet folder to the recycle bin and deleted it.
> >There
> > are no cookies in my view file on the control panel even after visiting
> > sites.. Is there any way to add a temporary internet folder that tracks
> > cookies or are they being stored anywhere else? Thanks.
Hi. I don't get any error messages.
Bob F.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Deleted Temp Folder
Posted: 03-20-2008, 07:24 PM
Well, I remember a long time ago, I wanted to kill cookies so I deleted the
folder, and just like the birthday candles you can't blow out, it came right
back. But if it won't come back on its own, try creating a new set of
folders. You can manage them by going to, In IE: Tools > Internet Options
> Browsing History - Settings. Then you can see them or move them around.
If create a new folder location and move them back this should do it.

--
Regards, BobF.
"sfd234" <sfd234@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:C47B44EE-4B26-405B-875F-AB80B8771EDB@microsoft.com...
>
>
> "Bob F." wrote:
>
>> It should come back by itself. Are you getting errors indications or
>> error
>> messages otherwise?
>>
>> --
>> Regards, BobF.
>> "sfd234" <sfd234@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:A915E1F5-2DDE-4EDA-ACD9-4B9BA9757FF8@microsoft.com...
>> >I sent my temporary internet folder to the recycle bin and deleted it.
>> >There
>> > are no cookies in my view file on the control panel even after visiting
>> > sites.. Is there any way to add a temporary internet folder that tracks
>> > cookies or are they being stored anywhere else? Thanks.
>
> Hi. I don't get any error messages.
sfd234
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Deleted Temp Folder
Posted: 03-20-2008, 07:38 PM
Thanks, I'll try that. I see that my files now contain things like the jpegs
and headers, but still no cookies. I went to settings and clicked allow all
cookies, but that didn't help.

"Bob F." wrote:
> Well, I remember a long time ago, I wanted to kill cookies so I deleted the
> folder, and just like the birthday candles you can't blow out, it came right
> back. But if it won't come back on its own, try creating a new set of
> folders. You can manage them by going to, In IE: Tools > Internet Options
> > Browsing History - Settings. Then you can see them or move them around.
> If create a new folder location and move them back this should do it.
>
> --
> Regards, BobF.
> "sfd234" <sfd234@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:C47B44EE-4B26-405B-875F-AB80B8771EDB@microsoft.com...
> >
> >
> > "Bob F." wrote:
> >
> >> It should come back by itself. Are you getting errors indications or
> >> error
> >> messages otherwise?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Regards, BobF.
> >> "sfd234" <sfd234@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:A915E1F5-2DDE-4EDA-ACD9-4B9BA9757FF8@microsoft.com...
> >> >I sent my temporary internet folder to the recycle bin and deleted it.
> >> >There
> >> > are no cookies in my view file on the control panel even after visiting
> >> > sites.. Is there any way to add a temporary internet folder that tracks
> >> > cookies or are they being stored anywhere else? Thanks.
> >
> > Hi. I don't get any error messages.
>
>
Bob
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Deleted Temp Folder
Posted: 03-20-2008, 08:39 PM
Did you navigate to the folder?

-------
*Report back, please*
[When responding to posts, please include the post(s) you are replying to so
that others may learn and benefit from the issue]

[How to ask a question]
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"sfd234" <sfd234@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:C9432047-4034-467B-AE0E-012CB90BB60B@microsoft.com...
> Thanks for geting back to me. It says no items match my search.
>
> "Bob" wrote:
>
>>
>> Take a look in C:\Users\username\Cookies\Low.
>> -------
>> *Report back, please*
>> [When responding to posts, please include the post(s) you are replying to
>> so
>> that others may learn and benefit from the issue]
>>
>> > "sfd234" <sfd234@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > news:A915E1F5-2DDE-4EDA-ACD9-4B9BA9757FF8@microsoft.com...
>> >>I sent my temporary internet folder to the recycle bin and deleted it.
>> >>There
>> >> are no cookies in my view file on the control panel even after
>> >> visiting
>> >> sites.. Is there any way to add a temporary internet folder that
>> >> tracks
>> >> cookies or are they being stored anywhere else? Thanks.
>> >
>
SG
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Deleted Temp Folder
Posted: 03-20-2008, 09:13 PM
Hi,

Have you rebooted your system yet?

--
All the best,
SG

ALEX NICHOL
(1935-2005)
http://www.aumha.org/alex.htm
You will never be forgotten my friend

"sfd234" <sfd234@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:F9A1C192-B40F-4A08-B21D-6C414552D092@microsoft.com...
> Thanks, I'll try that. I see that my files now contain things like the
> jpegs
> and headers, but still no cookies. I went to settings and clicked allow
> all
> cookies, but that didn't help.
>
> "Bob F." wrote:
>
>> Well, I remember a long time ago, I wanted to kill cookies so I deleted
>> the
>> folder, and just like the birthday candles you can't blow out, it came
>> right
>> back. But if it won't come back on its own, try creating a new set of
>> folders. You can manage them by going to, In IE: Tools > Internet
>> Options
>> > Browsing History - Settings. Then you can see them or move them
>> around.
>> If create a new folder location and move them back this should do it.
>>
>> --
>> Regards, BobF.
>> "sfd234" <sfd234@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:C47B44EE-4B26-405B-875F-AB80B8771EDB@microsoft.com...
>> >
>> >
>> > "Bob F." wrote:
>> >
>> >> It should come back by itself. Are you getting errors indications or
>> >> error
>> >> messages otherwise?
>> >>
>> >> --
>> >> Regards, BobF.
>> >> "sfd234" <sfd234@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:A915E1F5-2DDE-4EDA-ACD9-4B9BA9757FF8@microsoft.com...
>> >> >I sent my temporary internet folder to the recycle bin and deleted
>> >> >it.
>> >> >There
>> >> > are no cookies in my view file on the control panel even after
>> >> > visiting
>> >> > sites.. Is there any way to add a temporary internet folder that
>> >> > tracks
>> >> > cookies or are they being stored anywhere else? Thanks.
>> >
>> > Hi. I don't get any error messages.
>>
>>
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where is my temp files folder, and my cookies folder?? cbailey01 Windows Vista File Management 2 07-13-2007 08:45 PM
Shift 'Temp' folder, 'Temp Internet Folder' to another partition Shrikant Windows XP Configuration & Management 2 02-14-2005 01:44 PM
Make C:\temp default folder for ALL Temp files in XP Charles Dice Customize Windows XP 1 09-12-2003 12:19 AM
Virus, temp file cannot be deleted Biki Windows XP Security & Administration 0 08-21-2003 06:45 PM
Temp files keep appearing in Temp folder Richie NY Windows XP 0 07-21-2003 12:28 AM