Dell Printer prints one page then stops

Posted: 12-06-2008, 08:16 PM
Lately when I print on the first page of a multipage file prints. The
print dialog box comes up and the first page prints. Then it stops
and dialog goes away. The other pages never print.\

I restarted spooler.

I downloaded current drivers from Dell.

I get error 6161 in the system log.

Thanks for any help!

Dell Printer prints one page then stops


Responses to "Dell Printer prints one page then stops"

Cari \(MS-MVP\)
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Dell Printer prints one page then stops
Posted: 12-08-2008, 01:03 AM
Is the Dell printer on a print server or network or connected to your USB
port?

Do you have the latest drivers from Dell?
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"gary" <gary@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
news8nlj4p9ihin32i3faudm7dk7un95k2flb@4ax.com...
> Lately when I print on the first page of a multipage file prints. The
> print dialog box comes up and the first page prints. Then it stops
> and dialog goes away. The other pages never print.\
>
> I restarted spooler.
>
> I downloaded current drivers from Dell.
>
> I get error 6161 in the system log.
>
> Thanks for any help!
gary
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Dell Printer prints one page then stops
Posted: 12-09-2008, 12:20 AM
Connected to my USB

Latest drivers installed.

Thanks.

Gary


On Sun, 7 Dec 2008 17:03:21 -0800, "Cari \(MS-MVP\)"
<newsgroups@coribright.com> wrote:
>Is the Dell printer on a print server or network or connected to your USB
>port?
>
>Do you have the latest drivers from Dell?
Cari \(MS-MVP\)
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Dell Printer prints one page then stops
Posted: 12-09-2008, 06:32 PM

Make sure the drivers are installed correctly... do one more
uninstall/reinstall, making sure you remember to include Step 4. Failing to
include #4 means you reinstall the older, possibly corrupted drivers.
http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article_One.htm
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"gary" <gary@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
news:4eerj4pcge347bg004pj1mlh06m5nu4dmc@4ax.com...
> Connected to my USB
>
> Latest drivers installed.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Gary
>
>
> On Sun, 7 Dec 2008 17:03:21 -0800, "Cari \(MS-MVP\)"
> <newsgroups@coribright.com> wrote:
>
>>Is the Dell printer on a print server or network or connected to your USB
>>port?
>>
>>Do you have the latest drivers from Dell?
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dell 3100cn printer prints badly on envelopes and labels resonator80 Windows XP Printers / Scanners / Fax 11 08-26-2008 10:02 PM
My printer prints only the top of the page. Mattesonjd Windows Vista Printers & Scanners 0 02-24-2007 10:27 PM
hp712 prints half page and stops- xp windows home Allan Windows XP Printers / Scanners / Fax 1 12-01-2003 07:17 AM
printer prints last page first elmerec Windows XP Printers / Scanners / Fax 1 11-05-2003 04:24 AM
printer prints half page Todd Perchert Windows XP Printers / Scanners / Fax 1 08-06-2003 05:39 PM