Disable "has stopped working"

Posted: 01-20-2009, 06:24 PM
Hi,

I am running a program that runs for days. When it crashes, I have it set
up to restart and pick up where it leaves off.

However, on VISTA, a box pops up and says "XX has stopped working" and the
program won't start up again until I click the box.

Is there any way to disable the box?

Thanks,

Michael


Disable "has stopped working"


Responses to "Disable "has stopped working""

N1K
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
RE: Disable "has stopped working"
Posted: 01-21-2009, 12:25 PM
Open Control Panel

Open Problem Reports and Solutions.

In the left pane, click Change settings.

Click Advanced Settings.

In the Block list, under Don't send information about the following
programs, click Add, and then find and select the programs for which you want
to stop reporting problems.

Click OK. If you are prompted for an administrator password or
confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Hope that helps..

--
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MCTS, MCITP
http://www.wincert.net


"Michael Hesse" wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running a program that runs for days. When it crashes, I have it set
> up to restart and pick up where it leaves off.
>
> However, on VISTA, a box pops up and says "XX has stopped working" and the
> program won't start up again until I click the box.
>
> Is there any way to disable the box?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michael
>
>
>
Michael Hesse
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Disable "has stopped working"
Posted: 01-21-2009, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the response. I have tried that and it doesn't seem to fix the
problem.

The boxes still appear.

Michael
"N1K" <N1K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:ABF75256-84C0-45F2-901B-6764B627DF90@microsoft.com...
> Open Control Panel
>
> Open Problem Reports and Solutions.
>
> In the left pane, click Change settings.
>
> Click Advanced Settings.
>
> In the Block list, under Don't send information about the following
> programs, click Add, and then find and select the programs for which you
> want
> to stop reporting problems.
>
> Click OK. If you are prompted for an administrator password or
> confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
>
> Hope that helps..
>
> --
> MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MCTS, MCITP
> http://www.wincert.net
>
>
> "Michael Hesse" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am running a program that runs for days. When it crashes, I have it
>> set
>> up to restart and pick up where it leaves off.
>>
>> However, on VISTA, a box pops up and says "XX has stopped working" and
>> the
>> program won't start up again until I click the box.
>>
>> Is there any way to disable the box?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Michael
>>
>>
>>

zachd [MSFT]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Disable "has stopped working"
Posted: 01-21-2009, 08:45 PM

I don't believe there's a way to turn that off other than not to crash.

Otherwise, why wouldn't badly written software want to set that so it looks
like they're not really crashing, just ... vanishing?
You might be able to do something tricky with JIT debugging to some process
that immediately shuts down, but this seems like such a hideous waste of
time versus trying to get that crash addressed.

--
Speaking for myself only.
See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
--
"Michael Hesse" <mhesse@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:nBGdl.19001$ZP4.14643@nlpi067.nbdc.sbc.com...
> Thanks for the response. I have tried that and it doesn't seem to fix the
> problem.
>
> The boxes still appear.
>
> Michael
> "N1K" <N1K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:ABF75256-84C0-45F2-901B-6764B627DF90@microsoft.com...
>> Open Control Panel
>>
>> Open Problem Reports and Solutions.
>>
>> In the left pane, click Change settings.
>>
>> Click Advanced Settings.
>>
>> In the Block list, under Don't send information about the following
>> programs, click Add, and then find and select the programs for which you
>> want
>> to stop reporting problems.
>>
>> Click OK. If you are prompted for an administrator password or
>> confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
>>
>> Hope that helps..
>>
>> --
>> MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MCTS, MCITP
>> http://www.wincert.net
>>
>>
>> "Michael Hesse" wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am running a program that runs for days. When it crashes, I have it
>>> set
>>> up to restart and pick up where it leaves off.
>>>
>>> However, on VISTA, a box pops up and says "XX has stopped working" and
>>> the
>>> program won't start up again until I click the box.
>>>
>>> Is there any way to disable the box?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Michael
>>>
>>>
>>>
>
>
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"HID data has stopped working" - bluetooth mouse error dreadpyrat Windows Vista Hardware & Devices 37 02-13-2009 03:34 AM
ERROR!!! "Spooler Subsystem App Stopped Working And Was Closed" christis73 Windows Vista Printers & Scanners 2 12-27-2007 11:28 PM
"Internet explorer has stopped working" message in Vista avp144 Windows Vista File Management 4 09-10-2007 06:20 PM
Error message - "Internet Explorer has stopped working" HPM Windows Vista Install & Setup 3 04-17-2007 07:59 PM
"rundll32 stopped working" when trying to access the Security Cent fitment Windows Vista Security 0 01-25-2007 02:18 AM