Downloading ZIP Files with Vista Home Premium 32

Posted: 02-17-2009, 01:21 AM

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit on a HP dv6458s
Notebook

A couple of weeks ago when I tried to Open or Save a ZIP file online
got an Adobe Reader 9 error. The Adobe logo showed in th
Open/Save/Cancel Box. Prior to that ZIP files opened OK automatically

When I uninstalled Adobe Reader, ZIP files download OK. The proble
reoccures as soon as I reinstall Adobe Reader

I've gone to *Control Panel/Default Programs/Associate a file type o
protocol with a program/.ZIP* and it shows that Adobe Reader is th
Default Program. I clicked on *Change Program* but I cannot find a
appropriate Program to use to open ZIP files. None of the Suggeste
Programs were appropriate. I *browsed* through all the program files o
my C: drive, but again couldn't find anything that looked right. An
suggestions

--
acejock

Downloading ZIP Files with Vista Home Premium 32


Responses to "Downloading ZIP Files with Vista Home Premium 32"

SIW2
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Downloading ZIP Files with Vista Home Premium 32
Posted: 02-17-2009, 03:33 AM

Hi

This may hel

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/65...rt-restore.htm

Also, you might try using a smaller pdf reader, like these free one

Sumatra pdf viewe

'Sumatra PDF viewer by Krzysztof Kowalczyk
(http://blog.kowalczyk.info/software/sumatrapdf/

Foxit reader - try version 2.

'Download Foxit Reader 2.3.2822 - FileHippo.com
(http://www.filehippo.com/download_foxit/4074/

Hope it help

SIW


acejock;969875 Wrote:
> I am running Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit on a HP dv6458s
> Notebook
>
> A couple of weeks ago when I tried to Open or Save a ZIP file online
> got an Adobe Reader 9 error. The Adobe logo showed in th
> Open/Save/Cancel Box. Prior to that ZIP files opened OK automatically
>
> When I uninstalled Adobe Reader, ZIP files download OK. The proble
> reoccures as soon as I reinstall Adobe Reader
>
> I've gone to *Control Panel/Default Programs/Associate a file type o
> protocol with a program/.ZIP* and it shows that Adobe Reader is th
> Default Program. I clicked on *Change Program* but I cannot find a
> appropriate Program to use to open ZIP files. None of the Suggeste
> Programs were appropriate. I *browsed* through all the program files o
> my C: drive, but again couldn't find anything that looked right. An
> suggestions
--
SIW2
LVTravel
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Downloading ZIP Files with Vista Home Premium 32
Posted: 02-17-2009, 04:27 AM


"SIW2" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
news:130d291f874b37b6dea896078937ae30@nntp-gateway.com...
>
> Hi,
>
> This may help
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/65...t-restore.html
>
> Also, you might try using a smaller pdf reader, like these free ones
>
> Sumatra pdf viewer
>
> 'Sumatra PDF viewer by Krzysztof Kowalczyk'
> (http://blog.kowalczyk.info/software/sumatrapdf/)
>
> Foxit reader - try version 2.3
>
> 'Download Foxit Reader 2.3.2822 - FileHippo.com'
> (http://www.filehippo.com/download_foxit/4074/)
>
> Hope it helps
>
> SIW2
>
>
>
> acejock;969875 Wrote:
>> I am running Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit on a HP dv6458se
>> Notebook.
>>
>> A couple of weeks ago when I tried to Open or Save a ZIP file online I
>> got an Adobe Reader 9 error. The Adobe logo showed in the
>> Open/Save/Cancel Box. Prior to that ZIP files opened OK automatically.
>>
>> When I uninstalled Adobe Reader, ZIP files download OK. The problem
>> reoccures as soon as I reinstall Adobe Reader.
>>
>> I've gone to *Control Panel/Default Programs/Associate a file type or
>> protocol with a program/.ZIP* and it shows that Adobe Reader is the
>> Default Program. I clicked on *Change Program* but I cannot find an
>> appropriate Program to use to open ZIP files. None of the Suggested
>> Programs were appropriate. I *browsed* through all the program files on
>> my C: drive, but again couldn't find anything that looked right. Any
>> suggestions?
>
>
> --
> SIW2
Actually Foxit Reader, which I use exclusively, should be downloaded from
their site http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rea...own_reader.htm

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I have Vista Premium and the safety scan stops downloading tools at 8 of 11 files, or Guest Windows NT/2000/XP 0 03-12-2009 02:21 AM
Outlook Express dbx files into Vista Home Premium ingepat Windows Vista Mail 4 12-07-2007 04:23 PM
Moving files (Cut and Paste) - Vista Home Premium Dean Windows Vista File Management 1 10-09-2007 01:53 AM
sharing files between Vista Business & Vista Home Premium GeekforHire Windows Vista Networking & Sharing 1 07-03-2007 11:23 PM
i want to backup files on a network to my vista home premium... Adele Windows Vista Networking & Sharing 3 06-26-2007 07:20 PM