Dungeon Siege Legends of Arana

Posted: 08-28-2008, 02:22 AM
how do i run command line perameters from a vista shortcut

Where do i put Dungeonsiege.exe "verifyfiles=true"

I tried from the run menu and it does'nt except it.

The updates DungeonSiegeUpdate1.0-1.11.1462_English.exe tells me that files
are corrupt after a clean install.

Guess I just wasted some money?

Thanks Steve

Dungeon Siege Legends of Arana


Responses to "Dungeon Siege Legends of Arana"

Katy Pluta
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Dungeon Siege Legends of Arana
Posted: 08-28-2008, 06:16 PM
On 2008-08-27 20:22:24 -0600, "Steven" <oldsteve@netzero.com> said:
> how do i run command line perameters from a vista shortcut
>
> Where do i put Dungeonsiege.exe "verifyfiles=true"
>
> I tried from the run menu and it does'nt except it.
>
> The updates DungeonSiegeUpdate1.0-1.11.1462_English.exe tells me that
> files are corrupt after a clean install.
>
> Guess I just wasted some money?
>
> Thanks Steve
Right-click on the game's shortcut nd choose properties, you can enter
the parameters there to launch the program...

--
All the Best
Katy Pluta
http://flysimbug.spaces.com

Andy [YaYa]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Dungeon Siege Legends of Arana
Posted: 08-29-2008, 03:30 PM
"Steven" <oldsteve@netzero.com> wrote in
news:#1farTLCJHA.4456@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl:
> how do i run command line perameters from a vista shortcut
>
> Where do i put Dungeonsiege.exe "verifyfiles=true"
>
> I tried from the run menu and it does'nt except it.
>
> The updates DungeonSiegeUpdate1.0-1.11.1462_English.exe tells me that
> files are corrupt after a clean install.
Dude, GOOGLE!

I found this link after going to http://www.gaspoweredgames.com

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321083/en-us

The RESOLUTION for this problem says you have to use the switch:

"verifydata=true" and NOT "verifyfiles=true", but note that this will
not fix your corrupted files, it'll just check to see if the files are
actually corrupted.

You need to uninstall and re-install the game. There are 2 methods
listed on the Microsoft Kb article mentioned above.
> Guess I just wasted some money?
Yes... wanna fight about it?

--
-A.
Steven
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Dungeon Siege Legends of Arana
Posted: 08-30-2008, 12:46 AM

Thanks Knuckles,
Still cant get the files off the CD un corrupted
Much bummer got the game at sams club and it looks nice

ya think they would sell a 2002 game allready fixed in 2008

..
> Dude, GOOGLE!
>
> I found this link after going to http://www.gaspoweredgames.com
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321083/en-us
>
> The RESOLUTION for this problem says you have to use the switch:
>
> "verifydata=true" and NOT "verifyfiles=true", but note that this will
> not fix your corrupted files, it'll just check to see if the files are
> actually corrupted.
>
> You need to uninstall and re-install the game. There are 2 methods
> listed on the Microsoft Kb article mentioned above.
>
>> Guess I just wasted some money?
>
> Yes... wanna fight about it?
>
> --
> -A.
Andy [YaYa]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Dungeon Siege Legends of Arana
Posted: 09-02-2008, 07:00 PM
"Steven" <oldsteve@netzero.com> wrote in news:#j0DMnjCJHA.4768
@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl:
>
> Thanks Knuckles,
> Still cant get the files off the CD un corrupted
> Much bummer got the game at sams club and it looks nice
>
> ya think they would sell a 2002 game allready fixed in 2008
Well, this doesn't sound like a problem with the game, sounds like a
problem with your system. I have the same game and I've never seen this
error in Vista.

Most developers don't patch or update reissued games unless the game is
like The Sims 2, or something that has sold a multi-million copies. There's
just no profit in doing anything other than re-printing the same CD and
shipping it out.

Check out the box, if it says "Vista Compatible" anywhere on it, call the
tech support line for the game, they should be able to help you get the
game setup and running, or at least tell you why it's not.

Dungeon Siege is pretty fun, but if you're looking for something newer,
consider Dungeon Siege 2 or Space Siege. All from Chris Taylor of Gas
Powered Games.

--
-A.
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dungeon Siege Romulo Xavier Windows Vista Games 0 04-30-2008 02:17 PM
Dungeon Siege Kat Windows XP Games 3 02-25-2004 12:46 PM
Dungeon Siege ( Legends of Aranna) stormwhisper Windows XP Games 2 01-31-2004 01:36 AM
Dungeon Siege-legends of Aranna data corruption darien w. Windows XP Games 7 01-31-2004 01:21 AM
Dungeon Siege II B Windows XP Games 0 07-30-2003 07:42 PM