Easy way to remove Windows Movie Maker?

Posted: 01-20-2009, 12:36 PM
The subject says it all. No it doesn't show in add remove programs, even under Add/ Remove window
components. I understand it comes free with SP2, and it is worth what you paid for it. Any help
would be appreciated.
*****************
Thank You kgsAT@msbx.net


To reply to this email please remove the AT
after the kgs in the reply to address as shown above.

My New Years resolution is to never underestimate the
power of incompetence again.

Easy way to remove Windows Movie Maker?


Responses to "Easy way to remove Windows Movie Maker?"

Engin Tarhan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Easy way to remove Windows Movie Maker?
Posted: 01-20-2009, 01:23 PM
Can't you just forget it in a dark, gloomy corner of your computer? AFAIK it
does not pop up now and then.

However, if you desperately want to remove it, then do a search for
"uninstall windows movie maker" in google (without the quotes, you will get
more hits). Read the warnings beforehand!

Good luck,
Engin


"KG" <kgsAT@msbx.net> wrote in message
news:eugbn4dtlpqsgnk0mu8dpalq16nghmh6jb@4ax.com...
> The subject says it all. No it doesn't show in add remove programs, even
> under Add/ Remove window
> components. I understand it comes free with SP2, and it is worth what you
> paid for it. Any help
> would be appreciated.
> *****************
> Thank You kgsAT@msbx.net
>
>
> To reply to this email please remove the AT
> after the kgs in the reply to address as shown above.
>
> My New Years resolution is to never underestimate the
> power of incompetence again.

ju.c
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Easy way to remove Windows Movie Maker?
Posted: 01-20-2009, 01:24 PM
The only way is with XPLite:

XPLite $40
http://www.litepc.com/xplite.html


However, if you want to "hack it" go here:

How to: Banish Movie Maker from your XP system
http://getwired.blogspot.com/2005/07...m-your-xp.html


ju.c


"KG" <kgsAT@msbx.net> wrote in message news:eugbn4dtlpqsgnk0mu8dpalq16nghmh6jb@4ax.com...
> The subject says it all. No it doesn't show in add remove programs, even under Add/ Remove window
> components. I understand it comes free with SP2, and it is worth what you paid for it. Any help
> would be appreciated.
>
> Thank You kgsAT@msbx.net
PA Bear [MS MVP]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Easy way to remove Windows Movie Maker?
Posted: 01-20-2009, 11:14 PM
KG wrote:
> The subject says it all. No it doesn't show in add remove programs, even
> under Add/ Remove window components. I understand it comes free with
> SP2,
> and it is worth what you paid for it. Any help would be appreciated.
Asked here/Answered here.

http://www.google.com/search?source=...vie+maker&aq=f
==
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

KG
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Easy way to remove Windows Movie Maker?
Posted: 01-21-2009, 11:31 AM
Thank you all for the response. I see there is no easy & safe way to remove it so I will probably
just let it lay there using M+ of storage. I hate it when you get JUNK, no mater where it comes
from, and they wonder why we are not wild about MS.

On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 18:14:03 -0500, "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote:
>KG wrote:
>> The subject says it all. No it doesn't show in add remove programs, even
>> under Add/ Remove window components. I understand it comes free with
>> SP2,
>> and it is worth what you paid for it. Any help would be appreciated.
>
>Asked here/Answered here.
>
>http://www.google.com/search?source=...vie+maker&aq=f
>==
>~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
>AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
*****************
Thank You kgsAT@msbx.net


To reply to this email please remove the AT
after the kgs in the reply to address as shown above.

My New Years resolution is to never underestimate the
power of incompetence again.
Cody Jarrett
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Easy way to remove Windows Movie Maker?
Posted: 01-21-2009, 12:30 PM
On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 06:31:52 -0500, KG <kgsAT@msbx.net> wrote:
>Thank you all for the response. I see there is no easy & safe way to remove it so I will probably
>just let it lay there using M+ of storage. I hate it when you get JUNK, no mater where it comes
>from, and they wonder why we are not wild about MS.
Quit yer bitchin' and get a bigger hard drive.
Frank-FL
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Easy way to remove Windows Movie Maker?
Posted: 01-24-2009, 01:45 AM

"KG" <kgsAT@msbx.net> wrote in message
news:eugbn4dtlpqsgnk0mu8dpalq16nghmh6jb@4ax.com...
> The subject says it all. No it doesn't show in add remove
> programs, even under Add/ Remove window
> components. I understand it comes free with SP2, and it
> is worth what you paid for it. Any help
> would be appreciated.
> *****************
> Thank You kgsAT@msbx.net
>
>
> To reply to this email please remove the AT
> after the kgs in the reply to address as shown above.
>
> My New Years resolution is to never underestimate the
> power of incompetence again.
Install Windows 7 beta. Microsoft dropped movie maker and
the email applications


 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How easy is Movie maker to use? SS Teacher Joe Windows XP Movie Maker 2 10-06-2007 10:51 AM
How to uninstall/remove Windows Movie Maker??? Eric Dunn Windows XP Movie Maker 1 12-26-2006 06:49 PM
Uninstall (remove) Windows Movie Maker Alex Windows XP Movie Maker 7 07-10-2006 06:50 AM
How to remove windows movie maker Pieter Windows XP Movie Maker 3 08-23-2004 02:12 PM
HOW DO YOU REMOVE WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER george Windows XP Movie Maker 1 02-05-2004 07:03 PM