Edit saved searches

Posted: 07-10-2006, 03:11 PM
I haven't played around with this much so I may be missing something
obvious. But so far I see no way to edit a saved search. Anyone know of a
way to edit a saved search?

Edit saved searches


Responses to "Edit saved searches"

Grant
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
RE: Edit saved searches
Posted: 07-14-2006, 04:38 AM
Well I'm not sure if you can modify the existing criteria. However, you can
add additional filters to a search folder and then save it simply by opening
up the folder and make the appropriate changes.

"Alan Simpson" wrote:
> I haven't played around with this much so I may be missing something
> obvious. But so far I see no way to edit a saved search. Anyone know of a
> way to edit a saved search?
>
Alan Simpson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Edit saved searches
Posted: 07-14-2006, 07:57 AM
Seems like kind of a weird omission not being able to edit the existing
criteria. A couple of other mysteries on that. The sample searches have
"last 30 days" and such. But if you try to create one of those in the Search
Pane there doesn't seem to be any way to express >=Today()-30 which you'd
need to form that logic.

Also I'd love to know that "search using Natural Query Syntax" in Search
Options is about. All my searches so far (and admittedly, that's not a lot)
come out the same regardless of that setting.

Also in Search Options I'm wondering about the scope of the Archived Files
option. Does it include shadow copies? Backed up files? Archived Win Mail
Messages? Other things?



"Grant" <Grant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:F9244BD9-16F8-4919-A458-8A333F295CDD@microsoft.com...
> Well I'm not sure if you can modify the existing criteria. However, you
> can
> add additional filters to a search folder and then save it simply by
> opening
> up the folder and make the appropriate changes.
>
> "Alan Simpson" wrote:
>
>> I haven't played around with this much so I may be missing something
>> obvious. But so far I see no way to edit a saved search. Anyone know of a
>> way to edit a saved search?
>>
DonnaAnd
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Edit saved searches
Posted: 08-10-2006, 06:19 PM
Natural Query Syntax allows you to type queries like "Email from Fred about
lunch" and the search engine will understand to only show you email with Fred
in the "from name" and "lunch" in the subject.

"Alan Simpson" wrote:
> Seems like kind of a weird omission not being able to edit the existing
> criteria. A couple of other mysteries on that. The sample searches have
> "last 30 days" and such. But if you try to create one of those in the Search
> Pane there doesn't seem to be any way to express >=Today()-30 which you'd
> need to form that logic.
>
> Also I'd love to know that "search using Natural Query Syntax" in Search
> Options is about. All my searches so far (and admittedly, that's not a lot)
> come out the same regardless of that setting.
>
> Also in Search Options I'm wondering about the scope of the Archived Files
> option. Does it include shadow copies? Backed up files? Archived Win Mail
> Messages? Other things?
>
>
>
> "Grant" <Grant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:F9244BD9-16F8-4919-A458-8A333F295CDD@microsoft.com...
> > Well I'm not sure if you can modify the existing criteria. However, you
> > can
> > add additional filters to a search folder and then save it simply by
> > opening
> > up the folder and make the appropriate changes.
> >
> > "Alan Simpson" wrote:
> >
> >> I haven't played around with this much so I may be missing something
> >> obvious. But so far I see no way to edit a saved search. Anyone know of a
> >> way to edit a saved search?
> >>
>
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wildcard searches fractalsuar Windows Vista File Management 5 08-23-2006 12:58 PM
Solitaire saved games not working intarsiapro Windows Vista Games 0 07-22-2006 02:29 AM
solitaire saved game issue Steven Wabik Windows Vista Games 4 07-08-2006 04:07 AM
Change a filetype's "edit with" independent of "open with"? frankspace Windows Vista File Management 0 06-27-2006 06:46 PM