error kb944533

Posted: 02-22-2008, 04:36 AM
i have installed this about a million times and have tried everything it
downloads fine and then i start the computer, it gets about 66% and then it
configures errors an sets back to old setting, what is going on?
--
David E, Yep thats me!!!

error kb944533


Responses to "error kb944533"

Man-wai Chang ToDie
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: error kb944533
Posted: 02-22-2008, 05:09 AM
> i have installed this about a million times and have tried everything it
> downloads fine and then i start the computer, it gets about 66% and then it
> configures errors an sets back to old setting, what is going on?
I would try downloading the EXE and install it manually as Admin, rather
than relying automatic update.

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with you!
/( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.04) Linux 2.6.24.2
^ ^ 13:08:01 up 10 days 3:08 0 users load average: 0.00 0.03 0.00
? ? (CSSA):
http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_...ub_addressesa/
Mark
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: error kb944533
Posted: 02-22-2008, 12:32 PM
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/944533
You could go here, download each component/hotfix of this update and try to
find which one is causing the problem.

"David E" <DavidE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:35D8A8E2-8607-40FF-8312-8F0FEC5E7967@microsoft.com...
>i have installed this about a million times and have tried everything it
> downloads fine and then i start the computer, it gets about 66% and then
> it
> configures errors an sets back to old setting, what is going on?
> --
> David E, Yep thats me!!!
tarheel
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
RE: error kb944533
Posted: 02-23-2008, 06:41 PM
Same here also. I have about 8 updates that just will not install. i've
tried doing individually, waiting a few weeks to see if there's another
update that will help etc. I finally had to turn auto updates off b/c
everyday it's trying to configure 8-10 updates. Does anyone have other
suggestions?

"David E" wrote:
> i have installed this about a million times and have tried everything it
> downloads fine and then i start the computer, it gets about 66% and then it
> configures errors an sets back to old setting, what is going on?
> --
> David E, Yep thats me!!!
Hank Arnold (MVP)
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: error kb944533
Posted: 02-23-2008, 08:38 PM
First thing is to:

1) Stop the Automatic Updates service
2) Delete or rename the C:\Windows\Windows Update.log file
3) Delete or rename the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder.
4) Access MU and try again.

Have you tried to Google the problem?

--

Regards,
Hank Arnold
Microsoft MVP
Windows Server - Directory Services

tarheel wrote:
> Same here also. I have about 8 updates that just will not install. i've
> tried doing individually, waiting a few weeks to see if there's another
> update that will help etc. I finally had to turn auto updates off b/c
> everyday it's trying to configure 8-10 updates. Does anyone have other
> suggestions?
>
> "David E" wrote:
>
>> i have installed this about a million times and have tried everything it
>> downloads fine and then i start the computer, it gets about 66% and then it
>> configures errors an sets back to old setting, what is going on?
>> --
>> David E, Yep thats me!!!
David E
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: error kb944533
Posted: 02-24-2008, 04:34 AM
MU? what is that?.....
--
David E, Yep thats me!!!


"Hank Arnold (MVP)" wrote:
> First thing is to:
>
> 1) Stop the Automatic Updates service
> 2) Delete or rename the C:\Windows\Windows Update.log file
> 3) Delete or rename the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder.
> 4) Access MU and try again.
>
> Have you tried to Google the problem?
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Hank Arnold
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Server - Directory Services
>
> tarheel wrote:
> > Same here also. I have about 8 updates that just will not install. i've
> > tried doing individually, waiting a few weeks to see if there's another
> > update that will help etc. I finally had to turn auto updates off b/c
> > everyday it's trying to configure 8-10 updates. Does anyone have other
> > suggestions?
> >
> > "David E" wrote:
> >
> >> i have installed this about a million times and have tried everything it
> >> downloads fine and then i start the computer, it gets about 66% and then it
> >> configures errors an sets back to old setting, what is going on?
> >> --
> >> David E, Yep thats me!!!
>
Dave
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: error kb944533
Posted: 02-24-2008, 04:19 PM
I think he meant WU (Windows Update).


--
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview


"David E" <DavidE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:AEFDA0CD-1E88-40DC-91DE-E41B2D88BC2E@microsoft.com...
> MU? what is that?.....
> --
> David E, Yep thats me!!!
>
>
> "Hank Arnold (MVP)" wrote:
>
>> First thing is to:
>>
>> 1) Stop the Automatic Updates service
>> 2) Delete or rename the C:\Windows\Windows Update.log file
>> 3) Delete or rename the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder.
>> 4) Access MU and try again.
>>
>> Have you tried to Google the problem?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Regards,
>> Hank Arnold
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows Server - Directory Services
>>
>> tarheel wrote:
>> > Same here also. I have about 8 updates that just will not install.
>> > i've
>> > tried doing individually, waiting a few weeks to see if there's another
>> > update that will help etc. I finally had to turn auto updates off b/c
>> > everyday it's trying to configure 8-10 updates. Does anyone have other
>> > suggestions?
>> >
>> > "David E" wrote:
>> >
>> >> i have installed this about a million times and have tried everything
>> >> it
>> >> downloads fine and then i start the computer, it gets about 66% and
>> >> then it
>> >> configures errors an sets back to old setting, what is going on?
>> >> --
>> >> David E, Yep thats me!!!
>>
WEASEL3000
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: error kb944533
Posted: 02-28-2008, 01:17 AM

Same problem. Also 8 update failed installation and took a long long
time configuring, installing. They are KB 943899,
946456,943302,943055,944533,946026,938371,905866.
Does anybody have an idea how to fix it?


--
WEASEL3000
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How do I fix the error message Error: Access violation at 0x0042DC30 (tried to read from 0x00000000) Guest Windows NT/2000/XP 0 03-15-2008 06:23 AM
No Web access after installing Update KB944533 Robert Aldwinckle Windows Vista Networking & Sharing 21 03-05-2008 02:15 PM
An error occurred while copying Setup files. Error code is [800702 Cacique Windows Vista 2 06-17-2006 05:23 AM
Event 26 system error -- Application popup error (0xc0000017) -- at login screen Gary Windows XP Help & Support 1 11-12-2003 07:32 PM
Error:Update Manager: Error occurred while creating the main dialog. Please rein John Windows XP Setup 0 09-19-2003 02:03 AM