External wireless Card in Vista Ultimate

Posted: 03-29-2007, 09:24 AM
Hi, when i plug my external wireless card into my laptop running Vista
Ultimate, it does nothing and i cannot install any other devices. When i
unplug the card it then comes up and says that it is being installed but it
obviously fails as i removed it. Also i cannot start or shutdown windows with
it plugged in.

External wireless Card in Vista Ultimate


Responses to "External wireless Card in Vista Ultimate"

Barb Bowman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: External wireless Card in Vista Ultimate
Posted: 03-29-2007, 10:03 AM
Wireless card - manufacturer? model #? Hardware rev?
Laptop model and manufacturer? 32 or 64 bit Vista?

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 02:24:00 -0700, ajmorris
<ajmorris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>Hi, when i plug my external wireless card into my laptop running Vista
>Ultimate, it does nothing and i cannot install any other devices. When i
>unplug the card it then comes up and says that it is being installed but it
>obviously fails as i removed it. Also i cannot start or shutdown windows with
>it plugged in.
--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP
Expert Zone & Vista Community Columnist
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ts/bowman.mspx
http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/
ajmorris
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: External wireless Card in Vista Ultimate
Posted: 03-29-2007, 11:00 PM
32 bit Vista. Toshiba Satellite 1130 laptop. Linksys Network PC Card Ver.3.
Model #: WPC11 ver.3.

"Barb Bowman" wrote:
> Wireless card - manufacturer? model #? Hardware rev?
> Laptop model and manufacturer? 32 or 64 bit Vista?
>
> On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 02:24:00 -0700, ajmorris
> <ajmorris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi, when i plug my external wireless card into my laptop running Vista
> >Ultimate, it does nothing and i cannot install any other devices. When i
> >unplug the card it then comes up and says that it is being installed but it
> >obviously fails as i removed it. Also i cannot start or shutdown windows with
> >it plugged in.
> --
>
> Barb Bowman
> MS Windows-MVP
> Expert Zone & Vista Community Columnist
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ts/bowman.mspx
> http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/
>
Barb Bowman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: External wireless Card in Vista Ultimate
Posted: 03-30-2007, 09:34 AM
Unfortunately that card is not supported under Vista. It has the
PRISM chipset and there are no built in drivers. The 4 year old XP
drivers are not compatible with Vista either.

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 16:00:01 -0700, ajmorris
<ajmorris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>32 bit Vista. Toshiba Satellite 1130 laptop. Linksys Network PC Card Ver.3.
>Model #: WPC11 ver.3.
>
>"Barb Bowman" wrote:
>
>> Wireless card - manufacturer? model #? Hardware rev?
>> Laptop model and manufacturer? 32 or 64 bit Vista?
>>
>> On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 02:24:00 -0700, ajmorris
>> <ajmorris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi, when i plug my external wireless card into my laptop running Vista
>> >Ultimate, it does nothing and i cannot install any other devices. When i
>> >unplug the card it then comes up and says that it is being installed but it
>> >obviously fails as i removed it. Also i cannot start or shutdown windows with
>> >it plugged in.
>> --
>>
>> Barb Bowman
>> MS Windows-MVP
>> Expert Zone & Vista Community Columnist
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ts/bowman.mspx
>> http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/
>>
--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP
Expert Zone & Vista Community Columnist
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ts/bowman.mspx
http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/
Gavos
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
what is compatable??
Posted: 03-30-2007, 12:28 PM
looking wireless adaptor for 64 bit Vista ultimate.
At the moment have a Dell 1450 wireless adapter put no compatable driver?
Is there one?


 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Using Wireless (Cellular EVDO Network) Card with Vista TD Computer Solutions Windows Vista Networking & Sharing 4 03-28-2007 11:47 PM
External Drives Loose Sharing on Reboot - Vista Ultimate Aart Windows Vista Networking & Sharing 2 03-28-2007 12:01 AM
Vista Ultimate and WOW TechGuyatwork Windows Vista Games 2 02-18-2007 04:41 PM
Help: What Wireless USB or PC Card works with Vista and RC1? Brent Windows Vista Networking & Sharing 0 09-11-2006 09:17 PM
What wireless card to buy to run Vista Beta 2 64-bit? Mudvillager Windows Vista Hardware & Devices 2 06-11-2006 12:03 AM