Folder Permission Error

Posted: 06-06-2008, 07:08 PM
As you can see in the image at
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/6681/83541130zo4.jpg

I can't edit the permissions for every single folder I have. Every time I
change everything to "allow" and click ok. it reverts back to the samething
shown on the same picture above.
This problem is making me lose access to new files that has been created. I
can only see these files by opening cuteftp and browsing it there.

I hope I expressed my thoughts correctly and you may be able to help me.

Folder Permission Error


Responses to "Folder Permission Error"

Brink
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Folder Permission Error
Posted: 06-06-2008, 07:18 PM

www.clonxy.com;738877 Wrote:
> As you can see in the image a
> http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/6681/83541130zo4.jp
>
> I can't edit the permissions for every single folder I have. Every tim
>
> change everything to "allow" and click ok. it reverts back to th
> samethin
> shown on the same picture above
> This problem is making me lose access to new files that has bee
> created.
> can only see these files by opening cuteftp and browsing it there
>
> I hope I expressed my thoughts correctly and you may be able to hel
> me
Hello

You will probably need to take ownership of the file first, then yo
should be able to have your folder permission changes stick. Thi
tutorial will show you how to if needed

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/67...rship-file.htm

Hope this helps
Shaw

--
Brin

*There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not as
them.*
'*VISTA FORUMS*' (http://www.vistax64.com)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Mr. Arnold
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Folder Permission Error
Posted: 06-06-2008, 07:44 PM

"www.clonxy.com" <wwwclonxycom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:94A39350-532B-4845-8383-D054852AAF2F@microsoft.com...
> As you can see in the image at
> http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/6681/83541130zo4.jpg
>
> I can't edit the permissions for every single folder I have. Every time I
> change everything to "allow" and click ok. it reverts back to the
> samething
> shown on the same picture above.
> This problem is making me lose access to new files that has been created.
> I
> can only see these files by opening cuteftp and browsing it there.
>
> I hope I expressed my thoughts correctly and you may be able to help me.
The folder has *Special* permissions checked. I think you need to find out
what that means.

http://www.lockergnome.com/it/2006/1...l-permissions/

If the link is not explaining it, then use Google.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
not enough permission to write to a folder rtdavide@yahoo.com Windows Vista Security 3 02-14-2008 01:39 PM
Folder Recycling Permission? bilvihur Windows Vista Performance & Maintenance 3 02-13-2008 03:51 PM
Permission to change folder name grsode Windows Vista Security 4 01-11-2008 12:04 AM
change permission on all files inside a folder or hundreds of file inside a folder Anthony B Windows Vista Security 3 12-29-2007 12:08 AM
How can I restore my folder permission? Roger Abell [MVP] Windows XP Security & Administration 0 07-01-2003 01:21 PM