Had two monitors, now program stuck on other monitor

Posted: 12-17-2003, 03:56 AM
I had previously run two monitors with my laptop. My notebook screen being Monitor 1 and the stand-alone monitor being Monitor 2. I then stopped using dual monitors and under Display Properties >> Settings I told Windows XP to only use one monitor. However, whenever I open my Sound Recorder you can watch the title bar of it swoop off the screen to the right, the same way I would drag programs to Monitor 2 whenever I was running duals. Is there any way for me to get this program back on my 'real' desktop. I have tried almost everything I know to do. The second Monitor is no longer available for me to use. Is there a way to fix this without using a second monitor? thanks!

Had two monitors, now program stuck on other monitor

Responses to "Had two monitors, now program stuck on other monitor"

Chuck

Re: Had two monitors, now program stuck on other monitor
Posted: 12-17-2003, 08:12 AM
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 19:56:05 -0800, "drew"
<[email protected]> wrote:
>I had previously run two monitors with my laptop. My notebook screen being Monitor 1 and the stand-alone monitor being Monitor 2. I then stopped using dual monitors and under Display Properties >> Settings I told Windows XP to only use one monitor. However, whenever I open my Sound Recorder you can watch the title bar of it swoop off the screen to the right, the same way I would drag programs to Monitor 2 whenever I was running duals. Is there any way for me to get this program back on my 'real' desktop. I have tried almost everything I know to do. The second Monitor is no longer available for me to use. Is there a way to fix this without using a second monitor? thanks!
Drew,

Sure. First, minimise all open applications. Then find the button
for the Sound Recorder on the taskbar, right click, and select
Maximise. Then right click on a blank spot on the taskbar, and select
Cascade Windows. Now resize the Sound Recorder window as you wish,
and unminimise all other applications.

Cheers,

Chuck
I hate spam - PLEASE get rid of the spam before emailing me!
Paranoia comes from experience - and is not necessarily a bad thing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes