Hold 'em won't function

Posted: 08-10-2008, 03:22 PM
I run the Hold 'em game (Windows Vista Ultimate extra), and the game
launches, deals all the cards, and then hangs. No functions work at that
point, and the status of the app is "not responding". The only way to even
close the app is to kill it in the task manager. I tried uninstalling it,
and then reinstalling it, (through the installed updates feature) but it
didn't resolve the issue.

Hold 'em won't function


Responses to "Hold 'em won't function"

Adam Bale
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Hold 'em won't function
Posted: 08-10-2008, 05:25 PM
Works on mine with Same OS and SP1.
any other stuff ups with other applications?

TRY THIS
try click the x as if u were trying to close it when it hangs, then
when it say either close now or wait to respond, click wait to respond, then
do nothing
In fact go and make a coffee, it may come back alive.
Works for some applications that lock up on my system.


"Brent" <Brent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:597992D8-BF63-4624-A8BC-BCBDD4C90F90@microsoft.com...
>I run the Hold 'em game (Windows Vista Ultimate extra), and the game
> launches, deals all the cards, and then hangs. No functions work at that
> point, and the status of the app is "not responding". The only way to
> even
> close the app is to kill it in the task manager. I tried uninstalling it,
> and then reinstalling it, (through the installed updates feature) but it
> didn't resolve the issue.
Adam Bale
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Hold 'em won't function
Posted: 08-10-2008, 05:45 PM
If that doesn't work then try windows updates

"Brent" <Brent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:597992D8-BF63-4624-A8BC-BCBDD4C90F90@microsoft.com...
>I run the Hold 'em game (Windows Vista Ultimate extra), and the game
> launches, deals all the cards, and then hangs. No functions work at that
> point, and the status of the app is "not responding". The only way to
> even
> close the app is to kill it in the task manager. I tried uninstalling it,
> and then reinstalling it, (through the installed updates feature) but it
> didn't resolve the issue.
Brent
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Hold 'em won't function
Posted: 08-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the help, Adam. Unfortunately, that didn't work (I waited two
hours). No other apps are doing this, and I've looked for updates to it, but
there aren't any. It's weird because it was working fine, and then during
the game, it dealt all the cards and hung... and that's all it's done since
then. So, it's probably not some other app conflicting with it, since
nothing was installed while I was playing it. Phooey.

"Adam Bale" wrote:
> Works on mine with Same OS and SP1.
> any other stuff ups with other applications?
>
> TRY THIS
> try click the x as if u were trying to close it when it hangs, then
> when it say either close now or wait to respond, click wait to respond, then
> do nothing
> In fact go and make a coffee, it may come back alive.
> Works for some applications that lock up on my system.
>
>
> "Brent" <Brent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:597992D8-BF63-4624-A8BC-BCBDD4C90F90@microsoft.com...
> >I run the Hold 'em game (Windows Vista Ultimate extra), and the game
> > launches, deals all the cards, and then hangs. No functions work at that
> > point, and the status of the app is "not responding". The only way to
> > even
> > close the app is to kill it in the task manager. I tried uninstalling it,
> > and then reinstalling it, (through the installed updates feature) but it
> > didn't resolve the issue.
>
>
Frenchy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Hold 'em won't function
Posted: 08-10-2008, 09:37 PM
Brent wrote:
> I run the Hold 'em game (Windows Vista Ultimate extra), and the game
> launches, deals all the cards, and then hangs. No functions work at that
> point, and the status of the app is "not responding". The only way to even
> close the app is to kill it in the task manager. I tried uninstalling it,
> and then reinstalling it, (through the installed updates feature) but it
> didn't resolve the issue.
What video card do you have and what driver version? In the early days
when Vista launched, some of the NVIDIA early drives had problems with
this game and flashing cards and text when dealt. Upgrading the driver
fixed that

Frenchy
Brent
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Hold 'em won't function
Posted: 08-12-2008, 10:36 PM
Thanks Frenchy. It's the same card that I had in the machine when the game
was working. The game doesn't really flash cards or text, it simply deals
all the cards in the first hand (you get your two, then all five cards are
dealt in the middle, and no other players are indicated as active... almost
like the game is playing itself. And then, of course, it dies).

"Frenchy" wrote:
> Brent wrote:
> > I run the Hold 'em game (Windows Vista Ultimate extra), and the game
> > launches, deals all the cards, and then hangs. No functions work at that
> > point, and the status of the app is "not responding". The only way to even
> > close the app is to kill it in the task manager. I tried uninstalling it,
> > and then reinstalling it, (through the installed updates feature) but it
> > didn't resolve the issue.
> What video card do you have and what driver version? In the early days
> when Vista launched, some of the NVIDIA early drives had problems with
> this game and flashing cards and text when dealt. Upgrading the driver
> fixed that
>
> Frenchy
>
Frenchy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Hold 'em won't function
Posted: 08-13-2008, 07:56 AM
Brent wrote:
> Thanks Frenchy. It's the same card that I had in the machine when the game
> was working. The game doesn't really flash cards or text, it simply deals
> all the cards in the first hand (you get your two, then all five cards are
> dealt in the middle, and no other players are indicated as active... almost
> like the game is playing itself. And then, of course, it dies).
>
> "Frenchy" wrote:
>
>> Brent wrote:
>>> I run the Hold 'em game (Windows Vista Ultimate extra), and the game
>>> launches, deals all the cards, and then hangs. No functions work at that
>>> point, and the status of the app is "not responding". The only way to even
>>> close the app is to kill it in the task manager. I tried uninstalling it,
>>> and then reinstalling it, (through the installed updates feature) but it
>>> didn't resolve the issue.
>> What video card do you have and what driver version? In the early days
>> when Vista launched, some of the NVIDIA early drives had problems with
>> this game and flashing cards and text when dealt. Upgrading the driver
>> fixed that
>>
>> Frenchy
>>
Just because it used to work, doesn't mean it can't fail at odd times.
When I had the problems it would run for many days and then start
flashing. Then stop. The latest driver fixed that and subsequent
drivers never brought it back.
You didn't give the name of your card or what driver version you have?

Frenchy
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hold Em SteveW Windows Vista Games 4 04-06-2007 09:54 PM
Hold' EM JJ Windows Vista Games 2 02-09-2007 09:31 PM
Getting hold of MUI Ronnie Vernon MVP Customize Windows XP 2 11-21-2004 05:48 AM
restore function and help function missing armin Windows XP Configuration & Management 2 11-11-2004 03:08 PM
Modem-On-Hold and pre 10X rootintootin Apple Macintosh 0 12-02-2003 10:20 PM