How to make installed programs visible to all users?

Posted: 10-09-2003, 04:27 PM
I'm using WinXP Home. I have the only administrator account. All the
other accounts are limited users.

Occasionally when I install new software, it's only visible on my
desktop, not on any other users'. Even if I locate the executable and
put a shortcut thereto on a limited user's desktop, they can't run it
because they don't have permissions in the file area where the program
is installed.

How can I make installed programs accessible to all users?

Tnx,
dave

How to make installed programs visible to all users?


Responses to "How to make installed programs visible to all users?"

Black Baptist
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: How to make installed programs visible to all users?
Posted: 10-09-2003, 11:17 PM
David Read rambled on in microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers:
> I'm using WinXP Home. I have the only administrator account. All the
> other accounts are limited users.
>
> Occasionally when I install new software, it's only visible on my
> desktop, not on any other users'. Even if I locate the executable and
> put a shortcut thereto on a limited user's desktop, they can't run it
> because they don't have permissions in the file area where the program
> is installed.
>
> How can I make installed programs accessible to all users?
>
> Tnx,
> dave
>
Logon to the other accounts and install the program.
David Read
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: How to make installed programs visible to all users?
Posted: 10-11-2003, 05:18 AM
Black Baptist <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<Xns940FCE5D453A8praythechurchcom@Letuspray>. ..
> David Read rambled on in microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers:
>
> > I'm using WinXP Home. I have the only administrator account. All the
> > other accounts are limited users.
> >
> > Occasionally when I install new software, it's only visible on my
> > desktop, not on any other users'. Even if I locate the executable and
> > put a shortcut thereto on a limited user's desktop, they can't run it
> > because they don't have permissions in the file area where the program
> > is installed.
> >
> > How can I make installed programs accessible to all users?
> >
> > Tnx,
> > dave
> >
>
> Logon to the other accounts and install the program.
Can't. The other accounts are limited accounts, and don't have
permissions to install the program. That's why I installed it as
administrator in the first place.
Black Baptist
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: How to make installed programs visible to all users?
Posted: 10-12-2003, 11:33 PM
David Read rambled on in microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers:
>Black Baptist <[email protected]> wrote in message news:
<Xns940FCE5D453A8praythechurchcom@Letuspray>...
>> David Read rambled on in microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers:
>>
>> > I'm using WinXP Home. I have the only administrator account. All the
>> > other accounts are limited users.
>> >
>> > Occasionally when I install new software, it's only visible on my
>> > desktop, not on any other users'. Even if I locate the executable and
>> > put a shortcut thereto on a limited user's desktop, they can't run it
>> > because they don't have permissions in the file area where the program
>> > is installed.
>> >
>> > How can I make installed programs accessible to all users?
>> >
>> > Tnx,
>> > dave
>> >
>>
>> Logon to the other accounts and install the program.
>
> Can't. The other accounts are limited accounts, and don't have
> permissions to install the program. That's why I installed it as
> administrator in the first place.
>
Right click the exe and select run as... or install it under the user you
want to allow access.
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Change/Remove Button not visible for ALL the installed programs. Maneesh Windows XP Configuration & Management 2 06-05-2007 05:28 AM
make server screen visible? wei Windows XP Work Remotely 1 04-19-2004 10:02 PM
Other users access to installed programs Mar Windows XP Basics 0 09-29-2003 02:55 PM
hiding installed programs from multiple users on same computer Rob Customize Windows XP 2 09-10-2003 11:13 PM
How do I make programs I install available to all users? Gary Windows XP Accessibility 2 07-28-2003 06:04 PM