Intel Integrated Graphics compatibility

Posted: 06-25-2006, 10:03 AM
Hi does anyone know if a Integrated IntelĀ® Graphics Media Accelerator 900 (up
to 128MB) and the chipset is IntelĀ® i915GV chipset willbe compatible with
Windows Aero on vista.
Many Thanks
Iain

Intel Integrated Graphics compatibility


Responses to "Intel Integrated Graphics compatibility"

Peter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Intel Integrated Graphics compatibility
Posted: 06-25-2006, 10:33 AM
No, not to get all the effects. Use the Vista Upgrade Advisor here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvist...r/default.mspx


--
Peter
Toronto, Canada
P4 D865GBF HT @ 3.0ghz 2.0gb DDR 450gb HD
ATI Radeon 9550 Graphics
Soundmax 4.0 Audio

"Iain D" <IainD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsF2724FC-353B-4881-B008-709F8582E0BB@microsoft.com...
> Hi does anyone know if a Integrated Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 900
> (up
> to 128MB) and the chipset is Intel® i915GV chipset willbe compatible with
> Windows Aero on vista.
> Many Thanks
> Iain

Tom Scales
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Intel Integrated Graphics compatibility
Posted: 06-25-2006, 11:53 AM
I don't believe that's true. It's DX9 compatible and there are many reports
here that the native Vista drivers support glass, but Intel's do NOT, so
don't update.

Why would you say it does not?

Tom
"Peter" <ex-brit AT rogers DOT com> wrote in message
news:uPHSKLEmGHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> No, not to get all the effects. Use the Vista Upgrade Advisor here:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvist...r/default.mspx
>
>
> --
> Peter
> Toronto, Canada
> P4 D865GBF HT @ 3.0ghz 2.0gb DDR 450gb HD
> ATI Radeon 9550 Graphics
> Soundmax 4.0 Audio
>
> "Iain D" <IainD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsF2724FC-353B-4881-B008-709F8582E0BB@microsoft.com...
>> Hi does anyone know if a Integrated Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 900
>> (up
>> to 128MB) and the chipset is Intel® i915GV chipset willbe compatible
>> with
>> Windows Aero on vista.
>> Many Thanks
>> Iain
>
>

Peter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Intel Integrated Graphics compatibility
Posted: 06-25-2006, 12:28 PM
I read somewhere that it wasn't..sorry can't remember where.
If in doubt take the test.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada
P4 D865GBF HT @ 3.0ghz 2.0gb DDR 450gb HD
ATI Radeon 9550 Graphics
Soundmax 4.0 Audio

"Tom Scales" <tjscales@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:uz39y3EmGHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>I don't believe that's true. It's DX9 compatible and there are many
>reports here that the native Vista drivers support glass, but Intel's do
>NOT, so don't update.
>
> Why would you say it does not?
>
> Tom
> "Peter" <ex-brit AT rogers DOT com> wrote in message
> news:uPHSKLEmGHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> No, not to get all the effects. Use the Vista Upgrade Advisor here:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvist...r/default.mspx
>>
>>
>> --
>> Peter
>> Toronto, Canada
>> P4 D865GBF HT @ 3.0ghz 2.0gb DDR 450gb HD
>> ATI Radeon 9550 Graphics
>> Soundmax 4.0 Audio
>>
>> "Iain D" <IainD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> newsF2724FC-353B-4881-B008-709F8582E0BB@microsoft.com...
>>> Hi does anyone know if a Integrated Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator
>>> 900 (up
>>> to 128MB) and the chipset is Intel® i915GV chipset willbe compatible
>>> with
>>> Windows Aero on vista.
>>> Many Thanks
>>> Iain
>>
>>
>
>

Sribala
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Intel Integrated Graphics compatibility
Posted: 06-25-2006, 01:37 PM
Windows Vista delivers a major step forward in terms of how graphics hardware
is used by mainstream Windows-based applications, from the Windows desktop to
consumer and line-of-business applications.

To achieve this enhanced desktop experience, the graphics adapter or chipset
must have a Windows Vista Display Driver Model (WDDM) driver and must support
GPU, memory, bandwidth, and other requirements supporting Aero capabilities.

For Windows Vista, graphics requirements for desktop experiences are defined
in relation to differentiated experiences, as described in the Windows Vista
Logo Program requirements and the Windows Driver Kit (WDK).

source : http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device...o/default.mspx

"Peter" wrote:
> I read somewhere that it wasn't..sorry can't remember where.
> If in doubt take the test.
>
> --
> Peter
> Toronto, Canada
> P4 D865GBF HT @ 3.0ghz 2.0gb DDR 450gb HD
> ATI Radeon 9550 Graphics
> Soundmax 4.0 Audio
>
> "Tom Scales" <tjscales@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:uz39y3EmGHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> >I don't believe that's true. It's DX9 compatible and there are many
> >reports here that the native Vista drivers support glass, but Intel's do
> >NOT, so don't update.
> >
> > Why would you say it does not?
> >
> > Tom
> > "Peter" <ex-brit AT rogers DOT com> wrote in message
> > news:uPHSKLEmGHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> >> No, not to get all the effects. Use the Vista Upgrade Advisor here:
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvist...r/default.mspx
> >>
> >>
> >> --
> >> Peter
> >> Toronto, Canada
> >> P4 D865GBF HT @ 3.0ghz 2.0gb DDR 450gb HD
> >> ATI Radeon 9550 Graphics
> >> Soundmax 4.0 Audio
> >>
> >> "Iain D" <IainD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> newsF2724FC-353B-4881-B008-709F8582E0BB@microsoft.com...
> >>> Hi does anyone know if a Integrated IntelĀ® Graphics Media Accelerator
> >>> 900 (up
> >>> to 128MB) and the chipset is IntelĀ® i915GV chipset willbe compatible
> >>> with
> >>> Windows Aero on vista.
> >>> Many Thanks
> >>> Iain
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
>
>
>
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Intel Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator 950 GM Kunal Shah Windows Vista Performance & Maintenance 6 03-23-2007 09:48 PM
Intel Integrated Extreme Graphics Drivers Michael B Windows Vista Hardware & Devices 1 10-28-2006 11:24 PM
Intel Integrated Graphics LDDM Compatability articuno1_au Windows Vista 7 06-15-2006 12:47 PM
Integrated Graphics???? Connie Windows XP Video 1 07-18-2004 01:17 AM
Integrated Intel® Extreme Graphics 2 Quaoar Windows XP Hardware 0 08-14-2003 02:14 AM