Login process failed issue in VISTA home premium

Posted: 06-17-2008, 03:29 PM

Hi All,
I recently purchased a Dell XPS M1530 Laptop installed with a Genuine
Windows Vista® Home Premium. It is just two weeks old.
I am getting this error.
Once windows boots up and lands on the desktop screen, I tried to open
internet explorer, the system goes into ‘Not Responding mode’ and screen goes
blank, a white screen appears with this message
"Login process has failed to create the security options dialog",
And I have no options of proceeding further, I have to wait for a long time
and then restart my machine.
I tried booting windows in safe mode with networking option it works fine,
if I go back to normal boot mode I end up landing into the same trouble.
It is not a hardware issue as I see lot of other personal laptop users who
had purchased HP with VISTA home premium has the same issue.
I searched all over the web for a solution and found nothing.
Finally I am posting it here to see if something can be done on the windows
configuration side.
Please suggest / recommend a solution for this.
Thanks
Thamizhan

Login process failed issue in VISTA home premium


Responses to "Login process failed issue in VISTA home premium"

Robinb
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Login process failed issue in VISTA home premium
Posted: 06-17-2008, 07:08 PM
Since you recently purchased it, it is still on warranty with Dell
You should call their support and if they cannot fix it they will send you a
new computer
robin
"Thamizhan" <Thamizhan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:EBCDFF97-BEAF-4A9A-BE4D-4D802D95DC97@microsoft.com...
>
> Hi All,
> I recently purchased a Dell XPS M1530 Laptop installed with a Genuine
> Windows Vista Home Premium. It is just two weeks old.
> I am getting this error.
> Once windows boots up and lands on the desktop screen, I tried to open
> internet explorer, the system goes into 'Not Responding mode' and screen
> goes
> blank, a white screen appears with this message
> "Login process has failed to create the security options dialog",
> And I have no options of proceeding further, I have to wait for a long
> time
> and then restart my machine.
> I tried booting windows in safe mode with networking option it works fine,
> if I go back to normal boot mode I end up landing into the same trouble.
> It is not a hardware issue as I see lot of other personal laptop users who
> had purchased HP with VISTA home premium has the same issue.
> I searched all over the web for a solution and found nothing.
> Finally I am posting it here to see if something can be done on the
> windows
> configuration side.
> Please suggest / recommend a solution for this.
> Thanks
> Thamizhan
>

Thamizhan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Login process failed issue in VISTA home premium
Posted: 07-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Robin,

Thank you for the suggestion. I contacted Dell but Dell says that this is
not a problem with the hardware.

Can i know is something to be tuned within VISTA to fix this error?

Thanks
Thamizhan

"Robinb" wrote:
> Since you recently purchased it, it is still on warranty with Dell
> You should call their support and if they cannot fix it they will send you a
> new computer
> robin
> "Thamizhan" <Thamizhan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:EBCDFF97-BEAF-4A9A-BE4D-4D802D95DC97@microsoft.com...
> >
> > Hi All,
> > I recently purchased a Dell XPS M1530 Laptop installed with a Genuine
> > Windows Vista® Home Premium. It is just two weeks old.
> > I am getting this error.
> > Once windows boots up and lands on the desktop screen, I tried to open
> > internet explorer, the system goes into 'Not Responding mode' and screen
> > goes
> > blank, a white screen appears with this message
> > "Login process has failed to create the security options dialog",
> > And I have no options of proceeding further, I have to wait for a long
> > time
> > and then restart my machine.
> > I tried booting windows in safe mode with networking option it works fine,
> > if I go back to normal boot mode I end up landing into the same trouble.
> > It is not a hardware issue as I see lot of other personal laptop users who
> > had purchased HP with VISTA home premium has the same issue.
> > I searched all over the web for a solution and found nothing.
> > Finally I am posting it here to see if something can be done on the
> > windows
> > configuration side.
> > Please suggest / recommend a solution for this.
> > Thanks
> > Thamizhan
> >
>
>
>
Nonny
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Login process failed issue in VISTA home premium
Posted: 07-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Thamizhan <Thamizhan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>Robin,
>
>Thank you for the suggestion. I contacted Dell but Dell says that this is
>not a problem with the hardware.
>
>Can i know is something to be tuned within VISTA to fix this error?
Do you know how to use System Restore (not system recovery)?

Search for it in Help and Support.

Run it and use the oldest date you have available - be sure to tick
the option to show points older than five days.

>
>Thanks
>Thamizhan
>
>"Robinb" wrote:
>
>> Since you recently purchased it, it is still on warranty with Dell
>> You should call their support and if they cannot fix it they will send you a
>> new computer
>> robin
>> "Thamizhan" <Thamizhan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:EBCDFF97-BEAF-4A9A-BE4D-4D802D95DC97@microsoft.com...
>> >
>> > Hi All,
>> > I recently purchased a Dell XPS M1530 Laptop installed with a Genuine
>> > Windows Vista Home Premium. It is just two weeks old.
>> > I am getting this error.
>> > Once windows boots up and lands on the desktop screen, I tried to open
>> > internet explorer, the system goes into 'Not Responding mode' and screen
>> > goes
>> > blank, a white screen appears with this message
>> > "Login process has failed to create the security options dialog",
>> > And I have no options of proceeding further, I have to wait for a long
>> > time
>> > and then restart my machine.
>> > I tried booting windows in safe mode with networking option it works fine,
>> > if I go back to normal boot mode I end up landing into the same trouble.
>> > It is not a hardware issue as I see lot of other personal laptop users who
>> > had purchased HP with VISTA home premium has the same issue.
>> > I searched all over the web for a solution and found nothing.
>> > Finally I am posting it here to see if something can be done on the
>> > windows
>> > configuration side.
>> > Please suggest / recommend a solution for this.
>> > Thanks
>> > Thamizhan
>> >
>>
>>
>>
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NAT issue with Vista Home Premium jomuir Windows Vista Performance & Maintenance 1 08-23-2007 01:51 PM
RAM issue - Vista Home Premium Len-Confused Windows Vista Hardware & Devices 2 06-29-2007 09:11 PM
Backup failed in Vista Home Premium SBTIowa Windows Vista Performance & Maintenance 2 06-19-2007 06:16 PM
Vista Home Premium Automatic Backup Issue John Hanley Windows Vista Performance & Maintenance 1 06-11-2007 07:46 PM
A Vista (Home Premium) Shut Down Issue Clara Windows Vista Performance & Maintenance 2 04-07-2007 08:43 PM