Lost my ALL PROGRAMS

Posted: 01-03-2009, 06:25 AM

Hi
On my desktop, i recently found that there was an entry in my AL
PROGRAMS, that was "Programs". I thought i would not need it so shif
deleted the "Programs" and now i cannot find anything under AL
PROGRAMS. :cry
There used to be alot of items like Windows Defender, Windows Updates
Fax and Scan, Mozilla Firefox, Yahoo Messenger, etc... Now its jus
blank. I tried system restore and recuva but nothing changed| Pleas
help:

--
dinesh

Lost my ALL PROGRAMS


Responses to "Lost my ALL PROGRAMS"

dinesh
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Lost my ALL PROGRAMS
Posted: 01-03-2009, 06:25 AM

Hi
On my desktop, i recently found that there was an entry in my AL
PROGRAMS, that was "Programs". I thought i would not need it so shif
deleted the "Programs" and now i cannot find anything under AL
PROGRAMS. :cry
There used to be alot of items like Windows Defender, Windows Updates
Fax and Scan, Mozilla Firefox, Yahoo Messenger, etc... Now its jus
blank. I tried system restore and recuva but nothing changed| Pleas
help:

--
dinesh
Peter Foldes
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Lost my ALL PROGRAMS
Posted: 01-03-2009, 09:33 PM
Did you already delete it from the Recycle Bin also? If not then restore it

--
Peter

Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.

"dinesh" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
news:5de315f66c1c6dcfa9762b7a6e6944d1@nntp-gateway.com...
>
> Hi,
> On my desktop, i recently found that there was an entry in my ALL
> PROGRAMS, that was "Programs". I thought i would not need it so shift
> deleted the "Programs" and now i cannot find anything under ALL
> PROGRAMS. :cry:
> There used to be alot of items like Windows Defender, Windows Updates,
> Fax and Scan, Mozilla Firefox, Yahoo Messenger, etc... Now its just
> blank. I tried system restore and recuva but nothing changed| Please
> help
>
>
> --
> dinesh
Jim Moriarty
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Lost my ALL PROGRAMS
Posted: 01-03-2009, 09:50 PM
On Sat, 3 Jan 2009 16:33:11 -0500, "Peter Foldes" <xxxx@xxxxx.xxx>
wrote:
>Did you already delete it from the Recycle Bin also? If not then restore it
Damn! What part of "shift deleted" did you find difficult to
understand!?
>
>--
>Peter
>
>Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
>Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.
>
>"dinesh" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
>news:5de315f66c1c6dcfa9762b7a6e6944d1@nntp-gateway.com...
>>
>> Hi,
>> On my desktop, i recently found that there was an entry in my ALL
>> PROGRAMS, that was "Programs". I thought i would not need it so shift
>> deleted the "Programs" and now i cannot find anything under ALL
>> PROGRAMS. :cry:
Brink
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Lost my ALL PROGRAMS
Posted: 01-03-2009, 10:05 PM

dinesh;927947 Wrote:
> Hi
> On my desktop, i recently found that there was an entry in my AL
> PROGRAMS, that was "Programs". I thought i would not need it so shif
> deleted the "Programs" and now i cannot find anything under AL
> PROGRAMS. :cry
> There used to be alot of items like Windows Defender, Windows Updates
> Fax and Scan, Mozilla Firefox, Yahoo Messenger, etc... Now its jus
> blank. I tried system restore and recuva but nothing changed| Pleas
> help:
Hello Dinesh

If you do not have them in the Recycle Bin to restore from, then thi
tutorial will help you to restore the default Start Menu shortcuts. Yo
will still need to manually create new shortcuts for you programs thoug
from their exe files to have them in the Start Menu

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/15...-shortcuts.htm

Hope this helps
Shaw

--
Brin

*There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not as
them.*
'*Windows 7 Forums*
(http://www.sevenforums.com/) *and* '*::Vista Forums::*
(http://www.vistax64.com)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
dinesh
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Lost my ALL PROGRAMS
Posted: 01-04-2009, 12:52 AM

Thanks Shawn, you are a real geek
It was really helpful

--
dinesh
Mark
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Lost my ALL PROGRAMS
Posted: 01-04-2009, 03:00 AM
Just a thought here, but perhaps the gentleman doesn't know that SHIFT
Delete means permanently delete the item? Not everyone has the same level
of knowledge of many of the window shortcuts the rest of us use daily.

Happy New Year....

"Jim Moriarty" <jmoriarty@aconandoyle.invalid> wrote in message
news:4anvl49civf1ld52coj2pl8im027f5rkko@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 3 Jan 2009 16:33:11 -0500, "Peter Foldes" <xxxx@xxxxx.xxx>
> wrote:
>
>>Did you already delete it from the Recycle Bin also? If not then restore
>>it
>
> Damn! What part of "shift deleted" did you find difficult to
> understand!?
>
>>
>>--
>>Peter
>>
>>Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
>>Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.
>>
>>"dinesh" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
>>news:5de315f66c1c6dcfa9762b7a6e6944d1@nntp-gateway.com...
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> On my desktop, i recently found that there was an entry in my ALL
>>> PROGRAMS, that was "Programs". I thought i would not need it so shift
>>> deleted the "Programs" and now i cannot find anything under ALL
>>> PROGRAMS. :cry:
Jim Moriarty
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Lost my ALL PROGRAMS
Posted: 01-04-2009, 03:22 AM
On Sat, 3 Jan 2009 22:00:50 -0500, "Mark" <mwl@nospam.com> wrote:
>Just a thought here, but perhaps the gentleman doesn't know that SHIFT
>Delete means permanently delete the item? Not everyone has the same level
>of knowledge of many of the window shortcuts the rest of us use daily.
He offers enough advice here that he SHOULD know. That said, he also
offers BAD advice now and then, and sometimes it's because he doesn't
read what he is replying to. Other times it's because he THINKS he
knows what he's talking about when he obviously doesn't.

>Happy New Year....
>
>"Jim Moriarty" <jmoriarty@aconandoyle.invalid> wrote in message
>news:4anvl49civf1ld52coj2pl8im027f5rkko@4ax.com.. .
>> On Sat, 3 Jan 2009 16:33:11 -0500, "Peter Foldes" <xxxx@xxxxx.xxx>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Did you already delete it from the Recycle Bin also? If not then restore
>>>it
>>
>> Damn! What part of "shift deleted" did you find difficult to
>> understand!?
>>
>>>
>>>--
>>>Peter
>>>
>>>Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
>>>Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.
>>>
>>>"dinesh" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
>>>news:5de315f66c1c6dcfa9762b7a6e6944d1@nntp-gateway.com...
>>>>
>>>> Hi,
>>>> On my desktop, i recently found that there was an entry in my ALL
>>>> PROGRAMS, that was "Programs". I thought i would not need it so shift
>>>> deleted the "Programs" and now i cannot find anything under ALL
>>>> PROGRAMS. :cry:
Peter Foldes
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Lost my ALL PROGRAMS
Posted: 01-04-2009, 04:24 AM
ooops. I missed that Read quickly and missed . Sorry

--
Peter

Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.

"Jim Moriarty" <jmoriarty@aconandoyle.invalid> wrote in message
news:4anvl49civf1ld52coj2pl8im027f5rkko@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 3 Jan 2009 16:33:11 -0500, "Peter Foldes" <xxxx@xxxxx.xxx>
> wrote:
>
>>Did you already delete it from the Recycle Bin also? If not then restore it
>
> Damn! What part of "shift deleted" did you find difficult to
> understand!?
>
>>
>>--
>>Peter
>>
>>Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
>>Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.
>>
>>"dinesh" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
>>news:5de315f66c1c6dcfa9762b7a6e6944d1@nntp-gateway.com...
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> On my desktop, i recently found that there was an entry in my ALL
>>> PROGRAMS, that was "Programs". I thought i would not need it so shift
>>> deleted the "Programs" and now i cannot find anything under ALL
>>> PROGRAMS. :cry:
Brink
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Lost my ALL PROGRAMS
Posted: 01-04-2009, 04:52 AM

Geek to the end Dinesh. ;

You're welcome. I hope you do not have to create to many new progra
shortcuts


Brink;928647 Wrote:
> > dinesh;927947 Wrote:
> > Hi
> > On my desktop, i recently found that there was an entry in my AL
> > PROGRAMS, that was "Programs". I thought i would not need it so shif
> > deleted the "Programs" and now i cannot find anything under AL
> > PROGRAMS. :cry
> > There used to be alot of items like Windows Defender, Windows Updates
> > Fax and Scan, Mozilla Firefox, Yahoo Messenger, etc... Now its jus
> > blank. I tried system restore and recuva but nothing changed| Pleas
> > help> >
>
> Hello Dinesh
>
> If you do not have them in the Recycle Bin to restore from, then thi
> tutorial will help you to restore the default Start Menu shortcuts
> You will still need to manually create new shortcuts for your program
> though from their exe files to have them in the Start Menu
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/15...-shortcuts.htm
>
> Hope this helps
> Shaw
dinesh;928775 Wrote:
> Thanks Shawn, you are a real geek
> It was really helpful
--
Brin

*There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not as
them.*
'*Windows 7 Forums*
(http://www.sevenforums.com/) *and* '*::Vista Forums::*
(http://www.vistax64.com)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lost Programs Jeff Windows XP Performance & Maintenance 8 04-11-2004 04:31 PM
Lost programs Renee Windows XP New Users 1 08-29-2003 12:35 AM
Lost Programs Mark Guidetti Windows XP Setup 0 08-12-2003 12:07 PM
LOST PROGRAMS TOMMY Windows XP Hardware 4 08-05-2003 06:54 AM
Lost Programs Paula Windows XP 1 07-15-2003 06:07 AM