McAfee

Posted: 12-04-2006, 09:04 PM
Grr! I installed McAfee the latest one and it errored and it wouldnt let me
use Vista!!!! how rude is that, i thought microsoft sorted this big problem
with security software?

I did go into safe mode and removed it through there and everything is
working now.

McAfee


Responses to "McAfee"

Jimmy Brush
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: McAfee
Posted: 12-04-2006, 09:08 PM
Hello,

You will have to wait until McAfee releases a version of its product that
works with Vista. System software, such as virus scanners, always require an
upgrade when new versions of Windows are released. And sometimes the
software vendors take their sweet time providing updates.


--
- JB

Windows Vista Support Faq
http://www.jimmah.com/vista/

Jeff
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: McAfee
Posted: 12-04-2006, 11:20 PM
Ahh Jimmy, and Jase,
One company I am very familiar with, Mcafee.
Their obvious whining aside, McAfee's products do work with Vista.
Depending on your specific situation, McAfee's products work sometimes;some
however, are now blocked.
Let me start this by saying, McAfee Enterprise v8.5 RC(if it's still in
Beta) has worked with Vista every since McAfee came out with it.
It's McAfee's Enterprise Virus Scan, basically.
Now; onto Mcafee Home products.
Everything in their suite is now Vista compatible; except for 2
applications.
They are Quick Clean, and McAfee's network management feature.
The McAfee basics:
Virus Scan
Firewall
Spamkiller
and
Privacy Manager
are all now Vista compatible.
The Security Center is also compatible.
What you may see, Jase; is that Vista blocks Quick clean and the network
management features.
The rest however, work fine now.
In fact, before McAfee started whining, Quick Clean and the network
management feature did work.
Ran all of them with Vista.

Jeff

"Jimmy Brush" <JimmyBrush@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:CE924E66-A809-4A3A-98BE-713476C6F861@microsoft.com...
> Hello,
>
> You will have to wait until McAfee releases a version of its product that
> works with Vista. System software, such as virus scanners, always require
> an upgrade when new versions of Windows are released. And sometimes the
> software vendors take their sweet time providing updates.
>
>
> --
> - JB
>
> Windows Vista Support Faq
> http://www.jimmah.com/vista/
Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: McAfee
Posted: 12-05-2006, 10:42 PM
try AVG free, and leave McAfee for dead..


"Jase" <Jase@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:A11ED701-D609-483E-9BFF-2057B2302393@microsoft.com...
> Hm, But theres no option to not install them? I think the error did say
> something about firewall, but i cant remember now..
>
> At the moment i've got windows one care installed because its Microsoft
> basicaly Microsoft V Microsoft = Bingo
>
> So which version should i install?
>
> "Jeff" wrote:
>
>> Ahh Jimmy, and Jase,
>> One company I am very familiar with, Mcafee.
>> Their obvious whining aside, McAfee's products do work with Vista.
>> Depending on your specific situation, McAfee's products work
>> sometimes;some
>> however, are now blocked.
>> Let me start this by saying, McAfee Enterprise v8.5 RC(if it's still in
>> Beta) has worked with Vista every since McAfee came out with it.
>> It's McAfee's Enterprise Virus Scan, basically.
>> Now; onto Mcafee Home products.
>> Everything in their suite is now Vista compatible; except for 2
>> applications.
>> They are Quick Clean, and McAfee's network management feature.
>> The McAfee basics:
>> Virus Scan
>> Firewall
>> Spamkiller
>> and
>> Privacy Manager
>> are all now Vista compatible.
>> The Security Center is also compatible.
>> What you may see, Jase; is that Vista blocks Quick clean and the network
>> management features.
>> The rest however, work fine now.
>> In fact, before McAfee started whining, Quick Clean and the network
>> management feature did work.
>> Ran all of them with Vista.
>>
>> Jeff
>>
>> "Jimmy Brush" <JimmyBrush@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:CE924E66-A809-4A3A-98BE-713476C6F861@microsoft.com...
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > You will have to wait until McAfee releases a version of its product
>> > that
>> > works with Vista. System software, such as virus scanners, always
>> > require
>> > an upgrade when new versions of Windows are released. And sometimes the
>> > software vendors take their sweet time providing updates.
>> >
>> >
>> > --
>> > - JB
>> >
>> > Windows Vista Support Faq
>> > http://www.jimmah.com/vista/
>>
>>
Jeff
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: McAfee
Posted: 12-06-2006, 12:34 AM
Jase,

Mcafee's Home Personal Firewall version 8.1 (8.1.123)
and
Security Center version 7.1 (7.1.134)
are Vista compatible.

If you have Mcafee as a subscription; just go to your account and
download them, they should automatically update to the Vista compatible
versions.
As I test various AV solutions frequently, I'm not currently running
McAfee's AV, however,it too will update itself;if you download it.

As a side note,
yes AVG works fine too,so does Avast,and various other AV's, NOD32, and
Trend, to name a few.
I've tried pretty much all of them,free or in beta;or as a free trial.
This with Vista-from beta 2 5384 through the current final release.

Jeff


"Jase" <Jase@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:A11ED701-D609-483E-9BFF-2057B2302393@microsoft.com...
> Hm, But theres no option to not install them? I think the error did say
> something about firewall, but i cant remember now..
>
> At the moment i've got windows one care installed because its Microsoft
> basicaly Microsoft V Microsoft = Bingo
>
> So which version should i install?
>
> "Jeff" wrote:
>
>> Ahh Jimmy, and Jase,
>> One company I am very familiar with, Mcafee.
>> Their obvious whining aside, McAfee's products do work with Vista.
>> Depending on your specific situation, McAfee's products work
>> sometimes;some
>> however, are now blocked.
>> Let me start this by saying, McAfee Enterprise v8.5 RC(if it's still in
>> Beta) has worked with Vista every since McAfee came out with it.
>> It's McAfee's Enterprise Virus Scan, basically.
>> Now; onto Mcafee Home products.
>> Everything in their suite is now Vista compatible; except for 2
>> applications.
>> They are Quick Clean, and McAfee's network management feature.
>> The McAfee basics:
>> Virus Scan
>> Firewall
>> Spamkiller
>> and
>> Privacy Manager
>> are all now Vista compatible.
>> The Security Center is also compatible.
>> What you may see, Jase; is that Vista blocks Quick clean and the network
>> management features.
>> The rest however, work fine now.
>> In fact, before McAfee started whining, Quick Clean and the network
>> management feature did work.
>> Ran all of them with Vista.
>>
>> Jeff
>>
>> "Jimmy Brush" <JimmyBrush@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:CE924E66-A809-4A3A-98BE-713476C6F861@microsoft.com...
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > You will have to wait until McAfee releases a version of its product
>> > that
>> > works with Vista. System software, such as virus scanners, always
>> > require
>> > an upgrade when new versions of Windows are released. And sometimes the
>> > software vendors take their sweet time providing updates.
>> >
>> >
>> > --
>> > - JB
>> >
>> > Windows Vista Support Faq
>> > http://www.jimmah.com/vista/
>>
>>
Rebecca
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: McAfee
Posted: 02-07-2007, 11:38 AM
Seems McAfee isn't the only program that VISTA is giving problems with. I
would have THOUGHT Microsoft would have got together with all these different
software companies to make sure their products were compatible with VISTA,
PRIOR to selling VISTA I guess in essence, we all paid $200 for VISTA to
actually be BETA TESTERS.

"Jimmy Brush" wrote:
> Hello,
>
> You will have to wait until McAfee releases a version of its product that
> works with Vista. System software, such as virus scanners, always require an
> upgrade when new versions of Windows are released. And sometimes the
> software vendors take their sweet time providing updates.
>
>
> --
> - JB
>
> Windows Vista Support Faq
> http://www.jimmah.com/vista/
>
B. Nice
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: McAfee
Posted: 02-07-2007, 12:34 PM
On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 03:38:01 -0800, Rebecca
<Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>Seems McAfee isn't the only program that VISTA is giving problems with. I
>would have THOUGHT Microsoft would have got together with all these different
>software companies to make sure their products were compatible with VISTA,
>PRIOR to selling VISTA
Or McAfee could have used their time working on making their products
Vista-compatible instead of on blaming MS for making a more secure
product.
> I guess in essence, we all paid $200 for VISTA to actually be BETA TESTERS.
You are'nt very good at guessing. BTW, noone forces you to run Vista.
Rebecca
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: McAfee
Posted: 02-07-2007, 04:13 PM
You are right, no one forces anyone to buy VISTA, but with all the hype, and
all the good reviews I read, VISTA is supposed to be excellent.

"B. Nice" wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 03:38:01 -0800, Rebecca
> <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Seems McAfee isn't the only program that VISTA is giving problems with. I
> >would have THOUGHT Microsoft would have got together with all these different
> >software companies to make sure their products were compatible with VISTA,
> >PRIOR to selling VISTA
>
> Or McAfee could have used their time working on making their products
> Vista-compatible instead of on blaming MS for making a more secure
> product.
>
> > I guess in essence, we all paid $200 for VISTA to actually be BETA TESTERS.
>
> You are'nt very good at guessing. BTW, noone forces you to run Vista.
>
jimrx4
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: McAfee
Posted: 02-07-2007, 09:01 PM
What's the problem with McAfee? I am a Comcast subscriber and have
downloaded McAfee v 11.2. Vista Ult. doesn't squawk a bit and it seems to be
doing a good job. I like Symantec but all of their products seems to wreck
havoc with your system.




"Rebecca" <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:F9CAE8CB-31BC-487D-80D6-25B8CB96E0B6@microsoft.com...
> Seems McAfee isn't the only program that VISTA is giving problems with. I
> would have THOUGHT Microsoft would have got together with all these
> different
> software companies to make sure their products were compatible with VISTA,
> PRIOR to selling VISTA I guess in essence, we all paid $200 for VISTA
> to
> actually be BETA TESTERS.
>
> "Jimmy Brush" wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> You will have to wait until McAfee releases a version of its product that
>> works with Vista. System software, such as virus scanners, always require
>> an
>> upgrade when new versions of Windows are released. And sometimes the
>> software vendors take their sweet time providing updates.
>>
>>
>> --
>> - JB
>>
>> Windows Vista Support Faq
>> http://www.jimmah.com/vista/
>>
Rebecca
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: McAfee
Posted: 02-07-2007, 10:01 PM
Thanks jimrx4, I'll try that version.

"jimrx4" wrote:
> What's the problem with McAfee? I am a Comcast subscriber and have
> downloaded McAfee v 11.2. Vista Ult. doesn't squawk a bit and it seems to be
> doing a good job. I like Symantec but all of their products seems to wreck
> havoc with your system.
>
>
>
>
> "Rebecca" <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:F9CAE8CB-31BC-487D-80D6-25B8CB96E0B6@microsoft.com...
> > Seems McAfee isn't the only program that VISTA is giving problems with. I
> > would have THOUGHT Microsoft would have got together with all these
> > different
> > software companies to make sure their products were compatible with VISTA,
> > PRIOR to selling VISTA I guess in essence, we all paid $200 for VISTA
> > to
> > actually be BETA TESTERS.
> >
> > "Jimmy Brush" wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> You will have to wait until McAfee releases a version of its product that
> >> works with Vista. System software, such as virus scanners, always require
> >> an
> >> upgrade when new versions of Windows are released. And sometimes the
> >> software vendors take their sweet time providing updates.
> >>
> >>
> >> --
> >> - JB
> >>
> >> Windows Vista Support Faq
> >> http://www.jimmah.com/vista/
> >>
>
>
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Go To Hell McAfee!!! Guest Windows Vista 0 03-02-2008 01:52 AM
Symantec and McAfee Dave Neve Windows Vista Security 10 10-13-2006 09:48 PM
mcafee angelwolf71995 Windows Vista Install & Setup 4 06-10-2006 04:08 AM
McAfee Christi Windows XP Device Drivers 1 06-10-2004 02:38 AM
Norton/McAfee Karen F Windows XP Basics 4 07-19-2003 05:52 AM