Need driver for HP 2840

Posted: 01-30-2009, 12:57 PM
The HP 2840 Color Laser MFC prints fine, but will not scan as it did in XP.
I now have Vista Ultimate 64 bit.
Any workarounds or ideas? Thank you.

Need driver for HP 2840


Responses to "Need driver for HP 2840"

Tony Linguini
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Need driver for HP 2840
Posted: 02-02-2009, 05:14 PM
Well, I confirmed with HP that there is no scanner driver for 64 bit Vista.

I disagree, however, with the technician's statement that it is because
"nobody likes Vista" because "it's as bad as ME." I have been running 64
bit Vista on 2 machines since it came out, and I am really DISAPPOINTED with
HP.
Tony
"Alan Morris [MSFT]" <alanmo@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:%23U$a9hvgJHA.3708@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> HP has this and would be the source for drivers. I do see a print/scan
> driver for the 32 version of Vista. I looks like HP does not have support
> available for the 64 bit OS. You need to confirm this with HP. Your x64
> machine will support a 32 bit OS installation.
> http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...&swEnvOID=2100
>
>
>
> HP Color LaserJet 2800 All-in-One Printer series
> Choose another product
> Create a personal product profile (Why register?)
>
>
> Subscribe to driver and support alerts
>
>
> Sign up now for customized driver, security, patch, and
> support email alerts.
> Only receive updates on products you specify or own when
> you want them.
>
>
>
> Useful links
>
>
> Selecting the Correct Printer Driver
>
> Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit)
>
>
> By downloading, you agree to the terms and conditions of the HP
> Software License Agreement.
>
> Choose your software/driver language:
> ArabicBulgarianCatalanChinese (Simplified)Chinese
> (Traditional)CroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglish
> (American)EstonianFinnishFrenchGermanGreekHebrewHu ngarianIndonesianItalianJapaneseKazakhKoreanLatvia nLithuanianNorwegianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussia nSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwedishThaiTurkishUk rainianVietnamese
>
> Driver - Universal Print Driver Description Current version
> Size (MB) Estimated download time Previous version
> HP Universal Print Driver for Windows x64 - PCL5 4.7
> 25 Nov 2008 16.4 56K: 40m
> 512K: 4m
> HP Universal Print Driver for Windows x64 - PCL6 4.7
> 25 Nov 2008 16.5 56K: 40m
> 512K: 4m
> HP Universal Print Driver for Windows x64 - PostScript
> 4.7
> 25 Nov 2008 17.3 56K: 42m
> 512K: 4m
>
>
>
>
> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team
> Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
> http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1
>
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> rights.
>
> "Tony Linguini" <pccarguy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:5CCAB3C7-0F5B-4374-AC10-41E08D4E36AB@microsoft.com...
>> The HP 2840 Color Laser MFC prints fine, but will not scan as it did in
>> XP.
>> I now have Vista Ultimate 64 bit.
>> Any workarounds or ideas? Thank you.
>>
>
>
>
Bob Bonneville
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Need driver for HP 2840
Posted: 02-03-2009, 09:19 AM
Guess that is why HP sells so many of their PC's with Vista 64
installed!!!!! I am giving up on their products.

Bob

"Tony Linguini" <pccarguy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:53A96C83-16FF-4775-9852-DC8B01404EE2@microsoft.com...
> Well, I confirmed with HP that there is no scanner driver for 64 bit
> Vista.
>
> I disagree, however, with the technician's statement that it is because
> "nobody likes Vista" because "it's as bad as ME." I have been running 64
> bit Vista on 2 machines since it came out, and I am really DISAPPOINTED
> with HP.
> Tony
> "Alan Morris [MSFT]" <alanmo@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:%23U$a9hvgJHA.3708@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> HP has this and would be the source for drivers. I do see a print/scan
>> driver for the 32 version of Vista. I looks like HP does not have
>> support available for the 64 bit OS. You need to confirm this with HP.
>> Your x64 machine will support a 32 bit OS installation.
>> http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...&swEnvOID=2100
>>
>>
>>
>> HP Color LaserJet 2800 All-in-One Printer series
>> Choose another product
>> Create a personal product profile (Why register?)
>>
>>
>> Subscribe to driver and support alerts
>>
>>
>> Sign up now for customized driver, security, patch, and
>> support email alerts.
>> Only receive updates on products you specify or own when
>> you want them.
>>
>>
>>
>> Useful links
>>
>>
>> Selecting the Correct Printer Driver
>>
>> Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit)
>>
>>
>> By downloading, you agree to the terms and conditions of the
>> HP Software License Agreement.
>>
>> Choose your software/driver language:
>> ArabicBulgarianCatalanChinese (Simplified)Chinese
>> (Traditional)CroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglish
>> (American)EstonianFinnishFrenchGermanGreekHebrewHu ngarianIndonesianItalianJapaneseKazakhKoreanLatvia nLithuanianNorwegianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussia nSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwedishThaiTurkishUk rainianVietnamese
>>
>> Driver - Universal Print Driver Description Current version
>> Size (MB) Estimated download time Previous version
>> HP Universal Print Driver for Windows x64 - PCL5 4.7
>> 25 Nov 2008 16.4 56K: 40m
>> 512K: 4m
>> HP Universal Print Driver for Windows x64 - PCL6 4.7
>> 25 Nov 2008 16.5 56K: 40m
>> 512K: 4m
>> HP Universal Print Driver for Windows x64 - PostScript
>> 4.7
>> 25 Nov 2008 17.3 56K: 42m
>> 512K: 4m
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Alan Morris
>> Windows Printing Team
>> Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1
>>
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
>> rights.
>>
>> "Tony Linguini" <pccarguy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:5CCAB3C7-0F5B-4374-AC10-41E08D4E36AB@microsoft.com...
>>> The HP 2840 Color Laser MFC prints fine, but will not scan as it did in
>>> XP.
>>> I now have Vista Ultimate 64 bit.
>>> Any workarounds or ideas? Thank you.
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HP 2840 and Vista Ultimate x64 ceekaye Windows Vista Hardware & Devices 4 05-19-2008 10:03 PM
HP 2840 all-in-one Ecusson Windows Vista Hardware & Devices 2 05-17-2008 02:36 PM
hp color laserjet 2840 vista 64 bit driver baker_tony@hotmail.com Windows Vista Hardware & Devices 0 07-31-2007 03:22 PM
HP Color LaserJet CLJ 2840 & LJ 1320 on the same network. Bob Wang Windows XP Printers / Scanners / Fax 0 02-12-2007 03:16 AM
Laserjet MFP 2840 / Driver Leonard Marx Windows Vista Hardware & Devices 3 01-31-2007 10:27 PM