Need first frame thumbnails of AVI movies as folder icons

Posted: 03-21-2009, 01:37 PM
Need first frame thumbnails of AVI movies as folder icons

What can I do to get the *first* frame of AVI movies displayed as thumbnails?
The icon frames which are shown at the moment are from within
the first 10 seconds (=300 frames) of my movies.
(BTW Most of my AVI movies are MJPEG Codec (1280 X 720, 30fps)
and came from a Windows computer (lossless cut using VirtualDub).)
I hope there is an easy way because I have lots of clips...
Thanks!!

Need first frame thumbnails of AVI movies as folder icons


Responses to "Need first frame thumbnails of AVI movies as folder icons"

ute
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
RE: Need first frame thumbnails of AVI movies as folder icons
Posted: 03-28-2009, 06:13 PM
Noone any idea...?



"ute" wrote:
> Need first frame thumbnails of AVI movies as folder icons
>
> What can I do to get the *first* frame of AVI movies displayed as thumbnails?
> The icon frames which are shown at the moment are from within
> the first 10 seconds (=300 frames) of my movies.
> (BTW Most of my AVI movies are MJPEG Codec (1280 X 720, 30fps)
> and came from a Windows computer (lossless cut using VirtualDub).)
> I hope there is an easy way because I have lots of clips...
> Thanks!!
Sonny Wortzik
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Need first frame thumbnails of AVI movies as folder icons
Posted: 03-28-2009, 11:01 PM
On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 11:13:02 -0700, ute
<ute@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>Noone any idea...?
Ain't lookin' good.
>"ute" wrote:
>
>> Need first frame thumbnails of AVI movies as folder icons
>>
>> What can I do to get the *first* frame of AVI movies displayed as thumbnails?
>> The icon frames which are shown at the moment are from within
>> the first 10 seconds (=300 frames) of my movies.
>> (BTW Most of my AVI movies are MJPEG Codec (1280 X 720, 30fps)
>> and came from a Windows computer (lossless cut using VirtualDub).)
>> I hope there is an easy way because I have lots of clips...
>> Thanks!!
ute
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Need first frame thumbnails of AVI movies as folder icons
Posted: 04-10-2009, 11:08 AM
No answer yet!

Is there a better place somewhere else to ask my question than here...?

Thanks for any help!



Mike Torello
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Need first frame thumbnails of AVI movies as folder icons
Posted: 04-10-2009, 11:26 AM
ute <ute@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>No answer yet!
>
>Is there a better place somewhere else to ask my question than here...?
Nearly three weeks without an answer. And you're still here hoping
against hope.

Did it EVER freaking occur to you to try Googling "avi thumbnails
vista".

http://www.google.com/search?q=avi+t...S284US284&aq=t

There are plenty of things for you to check out there during the next
three weeks.
ute
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Need first frame thumbnails of AVI movies as folder icons
Posted: 04-10-2009, 01:08 PM
Google was my first idea, but I didn't find a solution.
(... really read hundreds of pages!!!)


"Mike Torello" wrote:
> ute <ute@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >No answer yet!
> >
> >Is there a better place somewhere else to ask my question than here...?
>
> Nearly three weeks without an answer. And you're still here hoping
> against hope.
>
> Did it EVER freaking occur to you to try Googling "avi thumbnails
> vista".
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=avi+t...S284US284&aq=t
>
> There are plenty of things for you to check out there during the next
> three weeks.
>
Mike Torello
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Need first frame thumbnails of AVI movies as folder icons
Posted: 04-10-2009, 02:27 PM
ute <ute@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>Google was my first idea, but I didn't find a solution.
>(... really read hundreds of pages!!!)
Convert the AVI files to WMV files then and be done with it.

http://www.nchsoftware.com/prism/index.html

>"Mike Torello" wrote:
>
>> ute <ute@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >No answer yet!
>> >
>> >Is there a better place somewhere else to ask my question than here...?
>>
>> Nearly three weeks without an answer. And you're still here hoping
>> against hope.
>>
>> Did it EVER freaking occur to you to try Googling "avi thumbnails
>> vista".
>>
>> http://www.google.com/search?q=avi+t...S284US284&aq=t
>>
>> There are plenty of things for you to check out there during the next
>> three weeks.
>>
ute
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Need first frame thumbnails of AVI movies as folder icons
Posted: 04-10-2009, 03:28 PM
Thanks for the tip!

I know NCH as a producer of high quality audio software, but didn't know
they also make such stuff.
(BTW If you are already using this application: Are these conversions free
of quality loss...?)

Well... converting to WMV might enable to have the first frame as the
thumbnail, but I want to keep my files in AVI format, because I need to stay
compatible with Mac computers, where AVI is common but WMV is a bit exotic.

It's no problem to change the thumbnail of a AVI file which came from my
Vista PC to the first frame on a Mac, but as soon as the AVI file arrives
back on my Vista-PC it's changed back again! :-(


"Mike Torello" wrote:
> ute <ute@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Google was my first idea, but I didn't find a solution.
> >(... really read hundreds of pages!!!)
>
> Convert the AVI files to WMV files then and be done with it.
>
> http://www.nchsoftware.com/prism/index.html
>
>
> >"Mike Torello" wrote:
> >
> >> ute <ute@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> >No answer yet!
> >> >
> >> >Is there a better place somewhere else to ask my question than here...?
> >>
> >> Nearly three weeks without an answer. And you're still here hoping
> >> against hope.
> >>
> >> Did it EVER freaking occur to you to try Googling "avi thumbnails
> >> vista".
> >>
> >> http://www.google.com/search?q=avi+t...S284US284&aq=t
> >>
> >> There are plenty of things for you to check out there during the next
> >> three weeks.
> >>
>
Mike Torello
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Need first frame thumbnails of AVI movies as folder icons
Posted: 04-10-2009, 04:41 PM
ute <ute@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>Thanks for the tip!
>
>I know NCH as a producer of high quality audio software, but didn't know
>they also make such stuff.
>(BTW If you are already using this application: Are these conversions free
>of quality loss...?)
Don't know. I use Replay Converter, which I paid for.
>Well... converting to WMV might enable to have the first frame as the
>thumbnail, but I want to keep my files in AVI format, because I need to stay
>compatible with Mac computers, where AVI is common but WMV is a bit exotic.
>
>It's no problem to change the thumbnail of a AVI file which came from my
>Vista PC to the first frame on a Mac, but as soon as the AVI file arrives
>back on my Vista-PC it's changed back again! :-(
>
>
>"Mike Torello" wrote:
>
>> ute <ute@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Google was my first idea, but I didn't find a solution.
>> >(... really read hundreds of pages!!!)
>>
>> Convert the AVI files to WMV files then and be done with it.
>>
>> http://www.nchsoftware.com/prism/index.html
>>
>>
>> >"Mike Torello" wrote:
>> >
>> >> ute <ute@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>> >>
>> >> >No answer yet!
>> >> >
>> >> >Is there a better place somewhere else to ask my question than here...?
>> >>
>> >> Nearly three weeks without an answer. And you're still here hoping
>> >> against hope.
>> >>
>> >> Did it EVER freaking occur to you to try Googling "avi thumbnails
>> >> vista".
>> >>
>> >> http://www.google.com/search?q=avi+t...S284US284&aq=t
>> >>
>> >> There are plenty of things for you to check out there during the next
>> >> three weeks.
>> >>
>>
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thumbnails for QuickTime movies esieens Windows Vista File Management 3 08-04-2008 08:15 AM
Adobe PDF thumbnails show as icons SusanT Windows Vista File Management 5 07-14-2007 03:46 PM
Thumbnails as icons only garynj Windows XP Photos 4 06-07-2004 12:15 AM
Question mark overlaying thumbnails and icons Pat Traynor Windows XP Help & Support 0 11-01-2003 01:24 PM
thumbnails look like icons MarilynHP Windows XP 1 07-10-2003 09:47 PM