Need Help with Vista Undelete Files

Posted: 04-28-2009, 01:05 AM
I accidentally deleted files from the Vista Home computer. There were about
5 folders in My Pictures, each folder containing several hundred pictures.
The files were too large for the Recycle Bin so it was bypassed permenantly
deleted. I realized this RIGHT AFTER I did it so I have not altered the
hard drive. I am thinking the files (.jpg) are still there but I need to
undelete them.

Suggestions on what I can do? Recommendations on 3rd party apps that
hopefully are not that expensive?

Thanks!

-Richard K


Need Help with Vista Undelete Files


Responses to "Need Help with Vista Undelete Files"

Dustin Harper
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Need Help with Vista Undelete Files
Posted: 04-28-2009, 01:17 AM
http://www.recuva.com

Developed by the same crew that does CCleaner. Recuva (Recover) is an
awesome program. It even saved some pics and files from a computer I was
working on that the customer had formatted and reinstalled Vista (of course,
not everything was recoverable).

One tip: Don't do much work or you risk the files being overwritten and not
recoverable

--

Dustin Harper
http://www.mstechpages.com
dharper@mstechpages.com



"Richard K" <rkokoski@foxdtechllc.com> wrote in message
news:#BDAr15xJHA.1380@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> I accidentally deleted files from the Vista Home computer. There were
> about 5 folders in My Pictures, each folder containing several hundred
> pictures. The files were too large for the Recycle Bin so it was bypassed
> permenantly deleted. I realized this RIGHT AFTER I did it so I have not
> altered the hard drive. I am thinking the files (.jpg) are still there
> but I need to undelete them.
>
> Suggestions on what I can do? Recommendations on 3rd party apps that
> hopefully are not that expensive?
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Richard K
>
>
webster72n
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Need Help with Vista Undelete Files
Posted: 04-28-2009, 02:25 AM


"Dustin Harper" <dharper@mstechpages.com> wrote in message
news:Oj7IE85xJHA.1420@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> http://www.recuva.com
>
> Developed by the same crew that does CCleaner. Recuva (Recover) is an
> awesome program. It even saved some pics and files from a computer I was
> working on that the customer had formatted and reinstalled Vista (of
> course, not everything was recoverable).
>
> One tip: Don't do much work or you risk the files being overwritten and
> not recoverable
On my part I thank you for making this available,
Harry.
>
> --
>
> Dustin Harper
> http://www.mstechpages.com
> dharper@mstechpages.com
>
>
>
> "Richard K" <rkokoski@foxdtechllc.com> wrote in message
> news:#BDAr15xJHA.1380@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> I accidentally deleted files from the Vista Home computer. There were
>> about 5 folders in My Pictures, each folder containing several hundred
>> pictures. The files were too large for the Recycle Bin so it was bypassed
>> permenantly deleted. I realized this RIGHT AFTER I did it so I have not
>> altered the hard drive. I am thinking the files (.jpg) are still there
>> but I need to undelete them.
>>
>> Suggestions on what I can do? Recommendations on 3rd party apps that
>> hopefully are not that expensive?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> -Richard K
>>
>>
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Undelete files camelia_au Windows XP New Users 2 12-31-2003 03:47 AM
Folder & Files Undelete Arthur Windows XP Security & Administration 2 12-23-2003 03:07 AM
Undelete Folders & Files Tony Windows XP 1 08-30-2003 05:13 PM
is undelete possible in XP? Philip von Wulffen Windows XP 0 07-25-2003 06:59 AM
Undelete Files Ken Blake Windows XP 3 07-12-2003 02:30 AM