Network reverts to local on recovery from hibernate.

Posted: 03-31-2007, 12:36 PM
Each time my computer goes to sleep or hibernate or their is a temporary loss
of internet connection my netwrok reverts to local only. Even though the
broadband connnection is in place it does not automatically pick this up and
I must disable and re-enable the network device for it to re-connect to the
internet.
Please help.

Network reverts to local on recovery from hibernate.


Responses to "Network reverts to local on recovery from hibernate."

Robert L [MVP - Networking]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Network reverts to local on recovery from hibernate.
Posted: 03-31-2007, 05:34 PM
Is this wired or wireless connection? You may want to reset power options or this search result may help,

Vista: after hibernate it can't ...with an Intel 3945abg adapter running Vista Ultimate RTM. ... chicagotech.net :: View topic - Solved: intermittent connections A: The intermittent ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...ic.php?=&p=596


Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on http://www.ChicagoTech.net
How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on http://www.HowToNetworking.com
"djanes" <djanes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:503B1C40-CC49-4764-9012-81311ACB8FA2@microsoft.com...
Each time my computer goes to sleep or hibernate or their is a temporary loss
of internet connection my netwrok reverts to local only. Even though the
broadband connnection is in place it does not automatically pick this up and
I must disable and re-enable the network device for it to re-connect to the
internet.
Please help.
Windy George
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
RE: Network reverts to local on recovery from hibernate.
Posted: 04-08-2007, 12:56 PM
Hi djanes:

Yup! Got the same problem and it is a pain. I have been wanting to try my
Dlink router but I have it connected via a Dlink Gigabit switch and can't get
to it with a browser. I will keep trying.

Windy George

"djanes" wrote:
> Each time my computer goes to sleep or hibernate or their is a temporary loss
> of internet connection my netwrok reverts to local only. Even though the
> broadband connnection is in place it does not automatically pick this up and
> I must disable and re-enable the network device for it to re-connect to the
> internet.
> Please help.
Windy George
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
RE: Network reverts to local on recovery from hibernate.
Posted: 04-18-2007, 03:22 PM


"Windy George" wrote:
> Hi djanes:
>
> Yup! Got the same problem and it is a pain. I have been wanting to try my
> Dlink router but I have it connected via a Dlink Gigabit switch and can't get
> to it with a browser. I will keep trying.
>
> Windy George
Hello Again Djanes:

I did try the Dlink router. It is still a problem that after waking from
sleep the internet connection is gone even though access to the internet is
present. The only way to fix the problem is to Disable and then re-enable
the local area connection. I have not found a way to do that yet!!! This is
darn frustrating, perhaps some one from Redmond will read these multiple
reports of problems and show us how to deal with it?
>> Windy George
>
> "djanes" wrote:
>
> > Each time my computer goes to sleep or hibernate or their is a temporary loss
> > of internet connection my netwrok reverts to local only. Even though the
> > broadband connnection is in place it does not automatically pick this up and
> > I must disable and re-enable the network device for it to re-connect to the
> > internet.
> > Please help.
Stanley Feng \(MSFT\)
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Network reverts to local on recovery from hibernate.
Posted: 06-24-2007, 10:27 PM
This is most likely caused by the NIC driver's handling of PnP power events.

My suggestion is to check with the NIC vendor to see if they have any
updated driver for your particular NIC for Vista, or purchase a new NIC
which is Vista compatible.
--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Use of included script samples (if any) are subject to the terms specified
at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm"

"Windy George" <WindyGeorge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:84BAA49E-DFD2-495F-9A02-E08BA4EA2903@microsoft.com...
>
>
> "Windy George" wrote:
>
>> Hi djanes:
>>
>> Yup! Got the same problem and it is a pain. I have been wanting to try
>> my
>> Dlink router but I have it connected via a Dlink Gigabit switch and can't
>> get
>> to it with a browser. I will keep trying.
>>
>> Windy George
>
> Hello Again Djanes:
>
> I did try the Dlink router. It is still a problem that after waking from
> sleep the internet connection is gone even though access to the internet
> is
> present. The only way to fix the problem is to Disable and then re-enable
> the local area connection. I have not found a way to do that yet!!! This
> is
> darn frustrating, perhaps some one from Redmond will read these multiple
> reports of problems and show us how to deal with it?
>
>>> Windy George
>>
>> "djanes" wrote:
>>
>> > Each time my computer goes to sleep or hibernate or their is a
>> > temporary loss
>> > of internet connection my netwrok reverts to local only. Even though
>> > the
>> > broadband connnection is in place it does not automatically pick this
>> > up and
>> > I must disable and re-enable the network device for it to re-connect to
>> > the
>> > internet.
>> > Please help.

WindyGeorge
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Network reverts to local on recovery from hibernate.
Posted: 06-25-2007, 12:15 PM

This was resolved some time ago. It was required that the power setting '
allow Windows to turn off this device to save power' be checked ON. I
assume the rational to be that if Window may turn it off, then Windows may
also turn it on. The key was that an update at the same time seemed to
result in this working properly, since I had tried this recommendation before
that time. Since then my system has gone to sleep or hibernated and wakened
with internet access intact. Thanks

Windy George.




"Stanley Feng (MSFT)" wrote:
> This is most likely caused by the NIC driver's handling of PnP power events.
>
> My suggestion is to check with the NIC vendor to see if they have any
> updated driver for your particular NIC for Vista, or purchase a new NIC
> which is Vista compatible.
> --
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
> Use of included script samples (if any) are subject to the terms specified
> at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm"
>
> "Windy George" <WindyGeorge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:84BAA49E-DFD2-495F-9A02-E08BA4EA2903@microsoft.com...
> >
> >
> > "Windy George" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi djanes:
> >>
> >> Yup! Got the same problem and it is a pain. I have been wanting to try
> >> my
> >> Dlink router but I have it connected via a Dlink Gigabit switch and can't
> >> get
> >> to it with a browser. I will keep trying.
> >>
> >> Windy George
> >
> > Hello Again Djanes:
> >
> > I did try the Dlink router. It is still a problem that after waking from
> > sleep the internet connection is gone even though access to the internet
> > is
> > present. The only way to fix the problem is to Disable and then re-enable
> > the local area connection. I have not found a way to do that yet!!! This
> > is
> > darn frustrating, perhaps some one from Redmond will read these multiple
> > reports of problems and show us how to deal with it?
> >
> >>> Windy George
> >>
> >> "djanes" wrote:
> >>
> >> > Each time my computer goes to sleep or hibernate or their is a
> >> > temporary loss
> >> > of internet connection my netwrok reverts to local only. Even though
> >> > the
> >> > broadband connnection is in place it does not automatically pick this
> >> > up and
> >> > I must disable and re-enable the network device for it to re-connect to
> >> > the
> >> > internet.
> >> > Please help.
>
>
>
LEL
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Network reverts to local on recovery from hibernate.
Posted: 07-19-2007, 06:58 PM
What does NIC stand for?
--
lel


"Stanley Feng (MSFT)" wrote:
> This is most likely caused by the NIC driver's handling of PnP power events.
>
> My suggestion is to check with the NIC vendor to see if they have any
> updated driver for your particular NIC for Vista, or purchase a new NIC
> which is Vista compatible.
> --
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
> Use of included script samples (if any) are subject to the terms specified
> at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm"
>
> "Windy George" <WindyGeorge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:84BAA49E-DFD2-495F-9A02-E08BA4EA2903@microsoft.com...
> >
> >
> > "Windy George" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi djanes:
> >>
> >> Yup! Got the same problem and it is a pain. I have been wanting to try
> >> my
> >> Dlink router but I have it connected via a Dlink Gigabit switch and can't
> >> get
> >> to it with a browser. I will keep trying.
> >>
> >> Windy George
> >
> > Hello Again Djanes:
> >
> > I did try the Dlink router. It is still a problem that after waking from
> > sleep the internet connection is gone even though access to the internet
> > is
> > present. The only way to fix the problem is to Disable and then re-enable
> > the local area connection. I have not found a way to do that yet!!! This
> > is
> > darn frustrating, perhaps some one from Redmond will read these multiple
> > reports of problems and show us how to deal with it?
> >
> >>> Windy George
> >>
> >> "djanes" wrote:
> >>
> >> > Each time my computer goes to sleep or hibernate or their is a
> >> > temporary loss
> >> > of internet connection my netwrok reverts to local only. Even though
> >> > the
> >> > broadband connnection is in place it does not automatically pick this
> >> > up and
> >> > I must disable and re-enable the network device for it to re-connect to
> >> > the
> >> > internet.
> >> > Please help.
>
>
>
Rishi
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Network reverts to local on recovery from hibernate.
Posted: 07-20-2007, 05:37 AM
Hello,

The NIC is the network interface card. Its the card inside your computer
that connects your computer to the internet. Of course, if you want to learn
more you can always search on the internet for explanations, pictures and
what not...

Hope this helps.

--
Regards,
Rishi
email: rishi@vista-news.com | web: http://vista-news.com


"LEL" <LEL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:F3A90BE9-209F-4D9C-82B0-7E5467074AF0@microsoft.com...
> What does NIC stand for?
> --
> lel
>
>
> "Stanley Feng (MSFT)" wrote:
>
>> This is most likely caused by the NIC driver's handling of PnP power
>> events.
>>
>> My suggestion is to check with the NIC vendor to see if they have any
>> updated driver for your particular NIC for Vista, or purchase a new NIC
>> which is Vista compatible.
>> --
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
>> rights.
>> Use of included script samples (if any) are subject to the terms
>> specified
>> at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm"
>>
>> "Windy George" <WindyGeorge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:84BAA49E-DFD2-495F-9A02-E08BA4EA2903@microsoft.com...
>> >
>> >
>> > "Windy George" wrote:
>> >
>> >> Hi djanes:
>> >>
>> >> Yup! Got the same problem and it is a pain. I have been wanting to
>> >> try
>> >> my
>> >> Dlink router but I have it connected via a Dlink Gigabit switch and
>> >> can't
>> >> get
>> >> to it with a browser. I will keep trying.
>> >>
>> >> Windy George
>> >
>> > Hello Again Djanes:
>> >
>> > I did try the Dlink router. It is still a problem that after waking
>> > from
>> > sleep the internet connection is gone even though access to the
>> > internet
>> > is
>> > present. The only way to fix the problem is to Disable and then
>> > re-enable
>> > the local area connection. I have not found a way to do that yet!!!
>> > This
>> > is
>> > darn frustrating, perhaps some one from Redmond will read these
>> > multiple
>> > reports of problems and show us how to deal with it?
>> >
>> >>> Windy George
>> >>
>> >> "djanes" wrote:
>> >>
>> >> > Each time my computer goes to sleep or hibernate or their is a
>> >> > temporary loss
>> >> > of internet connection my netwrok reverts to local only. Even though
>> >> > the
>> >> > broadband connnection is in place it does not automatically pick
>> >> > this
>> >> > up and
>> >> > I must disable and re-enable the network device for it to re-connect
>> >> > to
>> >> > the
>> >> > internet.
>> >> > Please help.
>>
>>
>>
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Unable to connect to Wireless Network after Sleep/Hibernate Romil Windows Vista Networking & Sharing 9 06-22-2008 09:23 AM
Default Printer reverts to XPS Alan Morris [MSFT] Windows Vista Printers & Scanners 5 05-08-2008 06:05 AM
Default view of folders reverts back to previous settings. Jeff Ingram Windows Vista File Management 28 04-07-2007 09:18 PM
Network X: Connected:Local Only Tony Olson Windows Vista Networking & Sharing 6 09-20-2006 09:12 AM
Printing on a local network Arvy L. Whitney Windows XP Printers / Scanners / Fax 1 08-21-2003 05:33 PM