old spider solitaire

Posted: 10-14-2008, 12:42 AM
Hello. Can anyone tell me how I can get the older XP version of spider
instead of the version that comes with Vista? I am used to it and like it
better. Thank you!

old spider solitaire


Responses to "old spider solitaire"

Paul Smith
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: old spider solitaire
Posted: 10-14-2008, 01:35 AM
"Cindy" <Cindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:F64CDDF4-DD83-47E0-B29C-199607E8FBC2@microsoft.com...
> Hello. Can anyone tell me how I can get the older XP version of spider
> instead of the version that comes with Vista? I am used to it and like it
> better. Thank you!
Although it is probably against the Windows license agreement, you can copy
the 'spider.exe' file from a Windows XP computer to a Windows Vista one and
it will run fine. Assuming you've got a computer running Windows XP have a
look in the Windows folder - from memory I believe it lives there.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User.
http://www.dasmirnov.net/blog/
http://www.windowsresource.net/

*Remove nospam. to reply by e-mail*


Cindy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: old spider solitaire
Posted: 10-14-2008, 11:23 AM
Paul -- thank you so much for the quick reply. I thought it was a great
thought -- right until I tried to find the file. I've looked everywhere -- I
think. I can't seem to find the exe file -- any other more specific road map
to the thing? Sure would appreciate it. My PC has the old version -- but my
new laptop has Vista -- which I am slowly getting used to -- but I like my
old version of Spider better. Thanks for the help!
Cindy...)

"Paul Smith" wrote:
> "Cindy" <Cindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:F64CDDF4-DD83-47E0-B29C-199607E8FBC2@microsoft.com...
> > Hello. Can anyone tell me how I can get the older XP version of spider
> > instead of the version that comes with Vista? I am used to it and like it
> > better. Thank you!
>
> Although it is probably against the Windows license agreement, you can copy
> the 'spider.exe' file from a Windows XP computer to a Windows Vista one and
> it will run fine. Assuming you've got a computer running Windows XP have a
> look in the Windows folder - from memory I believe it lives there.
>
> --
> Paul Smith,
> Yeovil, UK.
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User.
> http://www.dasmirnov.net/blog/
> http://www.windowsresource.net/
>
> *Remove nospam. to reply by e-mail*
>
>
>
Cindy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: old spider solitaire
Posted: 10-14-2008, 01:45 PM
Paul --- no worries! After about 2.5 hours of "looking" -- I finally figured
out how to find it -- wrote it to a CD and transfered it to my new laptop.
Thank you so much for the advise!

Cindy...)

"Cindy" wrote:
> Paul -- thank you so much for the quick reply. I thought it was a great
> thought -- right until I tried to find the file. I've looked everywhere -- I
> think. I can't seem to find the exe file -- any other more specific road map
> to the thing? Sure would appreciate it. My PC has the old version -- but my
> new laptop has Vista -- which I am slowly getting used to -- but I like my
> old version of Spider better. Thanks for the help!
> Cindy...)
>
> "Paul Smith" wrote:
>
> > "Cindy" <Cindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:F64CDDF4-DD83-47E0-B29C-199607E8FBC2@microsoft.com...
> > > Hello. Can anyone tell me how I can get the older XP version of spider
> > > instead of the version that comes with Vista? I am used to it and like it
> > > better. Thank you!
> >
> > Although it is probably against the Windows license agreement, you can copy
> > the 'spider.exe' file from a Windows XP computer to a Windows Vista one and
> > it will run fine. Assuming you've got a computer running Windows XP have a
> > look in the Windows folder - from memory I believe it lives there.
> >
> > --
> > Paul Smith,
> > Yeovil, UK.
> > Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User.
> > http://www.dasmirnov.net/blog/
> > http://www.windowsresource.net/
> >
> > *Remove nospam. to reply by e-mail*
> >
> >
> >
emerald117
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: old spider solitaire
Posted: 12-11-2008, 10:09 PM

I'm having problems with this after installing as you suggest.

When I attempt to run the program, I get an error message that says
spider.exe is not a valid Win32 application. Yet, I found it in the XP
Win32 folder off another computer.

help!


--
emerald117
------------------------------------------------------------------------
emerald117's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/emerald117.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...es/1054338.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spider Solitaire (spider.exe) Wendles Windows XP Games 6 07-06-2009 11:59 PM
Spider Solitaire Jimmy S. Windows XP Games 66 05-13-2009 10:32 AM
Spider Solitaire & Solitaire - card moving problem Debbie Windows XP Games 5 07-19-2008 10:05 PM
My game file for solitaire, spider solitaire, chess, etc. is empty Pamalam Windows Vista Games 1 09-09-2007 08:10 PM
Solitaire, Spider, Solitaire, Mine Sweep, Free Cell & Hearts Mary Windows XP Games 5 09-29-2003 01:12 AM