Partitioning

Posted: 11-12-2008, 10:58 PM
Hi, I used the Disk Management (Administrative Tools) to Partition a 500G "C"
Drive to a C, D, E and F Drive.
I decided that I don't need one of the Drives (the F Drive) and want to
reallocate the space to the D and E Drives. The problem that I am having is
that the F Drive is marked as Primary Partition and the E and F Drives as
Logical Drives and when I right click on the either the D or E Drive, EXTEND
Partition is not an available option so my question is, HOW do I delete the F
Drive (Primary Partition) and redistribute the space to the D and E Drives
(Logical Drives)?
Thank you for your help,
Bob

Partitioning


Responses to "Partitioning"

R. C. White
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Partitioning
Posted: 12-16-2008, 08:26 PM
Hi, Bob.

Your post is over month old, so maybe you already found the solution. If
not, please post your question again. And this time, be sure to tell us
which Windows version you are running. Disk Management has made some
changes with each generation, so what works in Vista might not work in WinXP
or Win2K.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX
rc@grandecom.net
Microsoft Windows MVP
(Running Windows Live Mail 2008 0908 in Win7 x64 6801)

"Boblink" <Boblink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:6EB283B5-7930-4162-A0C3-CB8656265342@microsoft.com...
> Hi, I used the Disk Management (Administrative Tools) to Partition a 500G
> "C"
> Drive to a C, D, E and F Drive.
> I decided that I don't need one of the Drives (the F Drive) and want to
> reallocate the space to the D and E Drives. The problem that I am having
> is
> that the F Drive is marked as Primary Partition and the E and F Drives as
> Logical Drives and when I right click on the either the D or E Drive,
> EXTEND
> Partition is not an available option so my question is, HOW do I delete
> the F
> Drive (Primary Partition) and redistribute the space to the D and E Drives
> (Logical Drives)?
> Thank you for your help,
> Bob
The Max
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Partitioning
Posted: 12-16-2008, 09:01 PM
On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 14:26:12 -0600, "R. C. White" <rc@grandecom.net>
wrote:
>Hi, Bob.
>
>Your post is over month old, so maybe you already found the solution.
Using Google Groups, I found that he had. He multi-posted his problem
all over the place and found a solution in vista.general on the 13th
of last month.

You managed to find the one place/post where no one had replied yet.
R. C. White
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Partitioning
Posted: 12-16-2008, 11:18 PM
Hi, Max.

Thanks for that update.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX
rc@grandecom.net
Microsoft Windows MVP
(Running Windows Live Mail 2008 0908 in Win7 x64 6801)

"The Max" <max.imus@geemail.com> wrote in message
news:sl5gk4d3h4j8kah8tupc4asr87qhehtl20@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 14:26:12 -0600, "R. C. White" <rc@grandecom.net>
> wrote:
>
>>Hi, Bob.
>>
>>Your post is over month old, so maybe you already found the solution.
>
> Using Google Groups, I found that he had. He multi-posted his problem
> all over the place and found a solution in vista.general on the 13th
> of last month.
>
> You managed to find the one place/post where no one had replied yet.
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Partitioning on 64 bit notonyourlife@bogus.com Windows Vista Performance & Maintenance 4 08-07-2008 06:48 PM
partitioning CF ArtRab Windows XP Embedded 1 07-08-2006 08:30 PM
partitioning HD Whit Mac Virtual PC 1 01-06-2005 01:01 AM
partitioning Paul Windows XP Security & Administration 5 03-06-2004 07:18 AM
Re-partitioning C: from 2gb to 4gb or even 8gb Alvin A Brown Windows XP Hardware 3 11-06-2003 03:29 PM