print emboidery file list

Posted: 11-25-2008, 05:48 PM
I am new to vista and am trying to print my embroidery design list. can any
one help?

print emboidery file list


Responses to "print emboidery file list"

Malke
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: print emboidery file list
Posted: 11-25-2008, 06:37 PM
Nan wrote:
> I am new to vista and am trying to print my embroidery design list. can
> any one help?
Not with so little information. Is the embroidery design list in an
embroidery program? In a text processing program like MS Word? Do you have
a printer installed (make/model)? What happens when you try?

Help us help you:

http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Usenet
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/555375 - How to Ask a Question

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
FAQ - http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/#FAQ

Nan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: print emboidery file list
Posted: 11-25-2008, 07:33 PM
My design files are listed as a pes or art file but are located under my
downloads. I have a software that will print me a picture of all the
designs, but I just wanted a master list so I don't download what I already
have. I have a hp photosmart printer. When I bring up the list I left click
and there is no option to print.
does this help?

"Malke" wrote:
> Nan wrote:
>
> > I am new to vista and am trying to print my embroidery design list. can
> > any one help?
>
> Not with so little information. Is the embroidery design list in an
> embroidery program? In a text processing program like MS Word? Do you have
> a printer installed (make/model)? What happens when you try?
>
> Help us help you:
>
> http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Usenet
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/555375 - How to Ask a Question
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP
> Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
> FAQ - http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/#FAQ
>
>
Malke
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: print emboidery file list
Posted: 11-25-2008, 09:23 PM
Nan wrote:
> My design files are listed as a pes or art file but are located under my
> downloads. I have a software that will print me a picture of all the
> designs, but I just wanted a master list so I don't download what I
> already
> have. I have a hp photosmart printer. When I bring up the list I left
> click and there is no option to print.
> does this help?
Look in the design program's help files to see if it is possible to do what
you want from within the program. It sounds like the format is only
readable by the embroidery program. If by "master list" you want a simple
text file showing the names of the files, you could do this from the
command line:

Start Orb>Search Box>type: cmd
Cmd will appear in the Results above so click it. Then navigate to the
directory holding your files:

cd /d C:\user\your-name\Downloads\embroidery-folder [enter]
DIR /B >embroiderylist.txt [enter]

You'll get a listing of the file names saved in a Notepad plain text file
and can print that.

Or if you want to print the directory contents but are uncomfortable with
the command line, here's a free tool:
http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptdirprn.asp

Another avenue would be to see if there are any user forums for this
particular embroidery software and ask there. It seems like something many
people might want to do and someone may already have the answer.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
FAQ - http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/#FAQ

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
File list print to file and/or printer Torstein Windows XP Printers / Scanners / Fax 1 04-29-2006 04:36 PM
Print cd file list Richard N. Harrisw Windows XP Printers / Scanners / Fax 0 12-26-2003 04:14 PM
print a list of file names Kevin Windows XP Printers / Scanners / Fax 1 12-06-2003 07:06 PM
Print file list Rajiv Windows XP Printers / Scanners / Fax 0 08-22-2003 09:14 PM
how print dir list AND print to file? sam musil Windows XP Basics 0 07-12-2003 12:05 AM