Problems with the "Require trusted path for credential entry" setting

Posted: 09-18-2008, 09:27 PM
Hi

After reading
http://technet.microsoft.com/da-dk/m...19(en-us).aspx, i want
to try the recommandation to use "Require trusted path for credential
entry" when evaluate to administrator. After activating this settings, i
selected windows update and chose "run as administrator", then a dialog
came and I pressed ctrl+alt+del to access the "secure desktop". The screen
change to the startup screen, with the text "please wait". Then no more
happened. I left it on for a 5 - 10 min, but nothing happens. Then the
only options was to power off the computer, return to safe mode and
deactivate the settings.

Anyone knows why this happens???

rrm

Problems with the "Require trusted path for credential entry" setting


Responses to "Problems with the "Require trusted path for credential entry" setting"

FromTheRafters
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Problems with the "Require trusted path for credential entry" setting
Posted: 09-18-2008, 10:26 PM

"rrm" <runemadsen16@hotmail.com> wrote in message
newsp.uho4kuz0b2lo77@rrm.pbk.dk...
> Hi
>
> After reading
> http://technet.microsoft.com/da-dk/m...19(en-us).aspx, i want
> to try the recommandation to use "Require trusted path for credential
> entry" when evaluate to administrator. After activating this settings, i
> selected windows update and chose "run as administrator",
Did you reboot? I'm not sure it is needed, but
sometimes a reboot is needed for some settings
to actually take.
> then a dialog came
Could you be more vague? )
> and I pressed ctrl+alt+del to access the "secure desktop". The screen
> change to the startup screen, with the text "please wait". Then no more
> happened. I left it on for a 5 - 10 min, but nothing happens. Then the
> only options was to power off the computer, return to safe mode and
> deactivate the settings.

rrm
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Problems with the "Require trusted path for credential entry"setting
Posted: 09-19-2008, 07:18 AM
Den 19.09.2008 kl. 00:26 skrev FromTheRafters <erratic@ne.rr.com>:
> "rrm" <runemadsen16@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> newsp.uho4kuz0b2lo77@rrm.pbk.dk...
>> Hi
>>
>> After reading
>> http://technet.microsoft.com/da-dk/m...19(en-us).aspx, i want
>> to try the recommandation to use "Require trusted path for credential
>> entry" when evaluate to administrator. After activating this settings, i
>> selected windows update and chose "run as administrator",
>
> Did you reboot? I'm not sure it is needed, but
> sometimes a reboot is needed for some settings
> to actually take.
I did not rebot after changing the setting.... But i suppose the old
evaluation still is shown!?!?

>> then a dialog came
>
> Could you be more vague? )
Well the dialog has two options: "Would you like you complete the action"
and "Would you do not complete the action". After clicking on the first, a
dialog is shown to press ctrl+alt+del and after i have pressed this, then
my problem occur.
>> and I pressed ctrl+alt+del to access the "secure desktop". The screen
>> change to the startup screen, with the text "please wait". Then no more
>> happened. I left it on for a 5 - 10 min, but nothing happens. Then the
>> only options was to power off the computer, return to safe mode and
>> deactivate the settings.
>
>
FromTheRafters
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Problems with the "Require trusted path for credential entry" setting
Posted: 09-19-2008, 12:22 PM

"rrm" <runemadsen16@hotmail.com> wrote in message
newsp.uhpvxjjkb2lo77@rrm.pbk.dk...
> Den 19.09.2008 kl. 00:26 skrev FromTheRafters <erratic@ne.rr.com>:
>
>> "rrm" <runemadsen16@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> newsp.uho4kuz0b2lo77@rrm.pbk.dk...
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> After reading
>>> http://technet.microsoft.com/da-dk/m...19(en-us).aspx, i want
>>> to try the recommandation to use "Require trusted path for credential
>>> entry" when evaluate to administrator. After activating this settings, i
>>> selected windows update and chose "run as administrator",
>>
>> Did you reboot? I'm not sure it is needed, but
>> sometimes a reboot is needed for some settings
>> to actually take.
>
> I did not rebot after changing the setting.... But i suppose the old
> evaluation still is shown!?!?
It wasn't clear to me from your first post, but it
appears that the setting was applied properly.
>>> then a dialog came
>>
>> Could you be more vague? )
>
> Well the dialog has two options: "Would you like you complete the action"
> and "Would you do not complete the action". After clicking on the first, a
> dialog is shown to press ctrl+alt+del and after i have pressed this, then
> my problem occur.
Thanks for the additional details. It appears that you
did everything correctly, but something is amiss with
either the secure desktop switching or something else
related to "consent.exe" hanging.

Maybe someone else here has seen this or something
similar and can help you. A quick Google search did
not turn up anything for me specifically related to this.
>>> and I pressed ctrl+alt+del to access the "secure desktop". The screen
>>> change to the startup screen, with the text "please wait". Then no more
>>> happened. I left it on for a 5 - 10 min, but nothing happens. Then the
>>> only options was to power off the computer, return to safe mode and
>>> deactivate the settings.
Sorry I couldn't help, but I'll keep looking for answers.


 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to change "require trusted path for credential entry" chenoa Windows Vista Administration 0 01-25-2008 01:05 PM
"Open command prompt here" and "Copy as path" Moody Marco Windows Vista Performance & Maintenance 10 05-04-2007 04:41 PM
Where is SP2's "trusted file handler" list? Charles Lavin Windows XP Configuration & Management 1 02-06-2005 03:25 AM
error "enter network password" or "can't find phone book entry" naum Windows XP Network & Web 0 12-16-2003 05:51 PM
Manual "Windows Update" produces "ActiveX/active scripting" error message even with "LOW" security level setting in "Trusted" Zone Ray2 Windows XP Help & Support 1 11-14-2003 06:50 PM