Quicken 2009 PDF printer problem- mistake or intentional?

Posted: 01-05-2009, 03:05 PM
It appears right now that in order to get the Quicken 2009 PDF printer to
work in Vista, you have to run the program in administrator mode. Since
this software was released after Vista, might this problem be the result of
SP1, or bad programming, or possibly intentional for some specific reason?

Thanks,
Clark

Quicken 2009 PDF printer problem- mistake or intentional?


Responses to "Quicken 2009 PDF printer problem- mistake or intentional?"

MikeB
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Quicken 2009 PDF printer problem- mistake or intentional?
Posted: 01-05-2009, 03:31 PM
On Jan 5, 9:05*am, "Clark" <no-s...@tx.rr.com> wrote:
> It appears right now that in order to get the Quicken 2009 PDF printer to
> work in Vista, you have to run the program in administrator mode. *Since
> this software was released after Vista, might this problem be the result of
> SP1, or bad programming, or possibly intentional for some specific reason?
>
> Thanks,
> Clark
Wouldn't it be better to ask this of Intuit in their own forums?
Clark
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Quicken 2009 PDF printer problem- mistake or intentional?
Posted: 01-05-2009, 03:41 PM

"MikeB" <MPBrede@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1bad0a29-44b3-4e01-aef1-0014652a845c@k9g2000vbl.googlegroups.com...
On Jan 5, 9:05 am, "Clark" <no-s...@tx.rr.com> wrote:
> It appears right now that in order to get the Quicken 2009 PDF printer to
> work in Vista, you have to run the program in administrator mode. Since
> this software was released after Vista, might this problem be the result
> of
> SP1, or bad programming, or possibly intentional for some specific reason?
>
> Thanks,
> Clark
Wouldn't it be better to ask this of Intuit in their own forums?

No, this forum would have a better idea of the programming issues.

Clark

Bill Yanaire
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Quicken 2009 PDF printer problem- mistake or intentional?
Posted: 01-05-2009, 04:34 PM

"Clark" <no-spam@tx.rr.com> wrote in message
news:F8B53F43-3806-4D78-BD53-A5930A2EE212@microsoft.com...
>
> "MikeB" <MPBrede@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1bad0a29-44b3-4e01-aef1-0014652a845c@k9g2000vbl.googlegroups.com...
> On Jan 5, 9:05 am, "Clark" <no-s...@tx.rr.com> wrote:
>> It appears right now that in order to get the Quicken 2009 PDF printer to
>> work in Vista, you have to run the program in administrator mode. Since
>> this software was released after Vista, might this problem be the result
>> of
>> SP1, or bad programming, or possibly intentional for some specific
>> reason?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Clark
>
> Wouldn't it be better to ask this of Intuit in their own forums?
>
> No, this forum would have a better idea of the programming issues.
>
> Clark
WRONG - Programming issues are better solved in the PROGRAMMING forums or
the QUICKEN forums. Your issue is with Quicken in the Vista environment. I
doubt it's a programming issue.



Sinner
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Quicken 2009 PDF printer problem- mistake or intentional?
Posted: 01-05-2009, 04:39 PM

"Clark" <no-spam@tx.rr.com> wrote in message
news:F8B53F43-3806-4D78-BD53-A5930A2EE212@microsoft.com...
>
> "MikeB" <MPBrede@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1bad0a29-44b3-4e01-aef1-0014652a845c@k9g2000vbl.googlegroups.com...
> On Jan 5, 9:05 am, "Clark" <no-s...@tx.rr.com> wrote:
>> It appears right now that in order to get the Quicken 2009 PDF printer to
>> work in Vista, you have to run the program in administrator mode. Since
>> this software was released after Vista, might this problem be the result
>> of
>> SP1, or bad programming, or possibly intentional for some specific
>> reason?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Clark
>
> Wouldn't it be better to ask this of Intuit in their own forums?
>
> No, this forum would have a better idea of the programming issues.
>

So, you're saying that Vista must be bad because Quicken 2009 PDF printer
doesn't work correctly? You're one of the reasons that the Movie
"Idiocracy" is so prophetic, and you've made my filter pack.


CBoom
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Quicken 2009 PDF printer problem- mistake or intentional?
Posted: 01-05-2009, 05:02 PM
see the support for quicken 2009... they should have an update, or FAQ or
forum you can search...

yes vista has broken many applications, not the other way around.

but not many in here will know the problem ..

"Clark" <no-spam@tx.rr.com> wrote in message
news:E970FA7F-0355-4340-9F82-BB9247D5EE37@microsoft.com...
> It appears right now that in order to get the Quicken 2009 PDF printer to
> work in Vista, you have to run the program in administrator mode. Since
> this software was released after Vista, might this problem be the result
> of SP1, or bad programming, or possibly intentional for some specific
> reason?
>
> Thanks,
> Clark
Bill Yanaire
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Quicken 2009 PDF printer problem- mistake or intentional?
Posted: 01-05-2009, 05:33 PM

"CBoom" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:gjtef2$coa$1@news.motzarella.org...
> see the support for quicken 2009... they should have an update, or FAQ or
> forum you can search...
>
> yes vista has broken many applications, not the other way around.
>
> but not many in here will know the problem ..
>
You have it backwards. Vista is a relativly new OS and not all applications
work with it. New applications should function well with Vista and if they
don't, it's a function of the development team with the application not
understanding Vista.





Clark
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Quicken 2009 PDF printer problem- mistake or intentional?
Posted: 01-05-2009, 05:54 PM
"Sinner" <sinner@gatesofhell.org> wrote in message
news:bHq8l.2879$3y5.2068@bignews4.bellsouth.net...
>
> "Clark" <no-spam@tx.rr.com> wrote in message
> news:F8B53F43-3806-4D78-BD53-A5930A2EE212@microsoft.com...
>>
>> "MikeB" <MPBrede@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:1bad0a29-44b3-4e01-aef1-0014652a845c@k9g2000vbl.googlegroups.com...
>> On Jan 5, 9:05 am, "Clark" <no-s...@tx.rr.com> wrote:
>>> It appears right now that in order to get the Quicken 2009 PDF printer
>>> to
>>> work in Vista, you have to run the program in administrator mode. Since
>>> this software was released after Vista, might this problem be the result
>>> of
>>> SP1, or bad programming, or possibly intentional for some specific
>>> reason?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Clark
>>
>> Wouldn't it be better to ask this of Intuit in their own forums?
>>
>> No, this forum would have a better idea of the programming issues.
>>
>
>
> So, you're saying that Vista must be bad because Quicken 2009 PDF printer
> doesn't work correctly? You're one of the reasons that the Movie
> "Idiocracy" is so prophetic, and you've made my filter pack.
>
You need to read a post before you get nasty... It has nothing to do with
Vista, but why a company would put out a program that does not work with
Vista more than a year after it was released..

Oh well --

Clark

bobbrandenburg
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Quicken 2009 PDF printer problem- mistake or intentional?
Posted: 01-19-2009, 02:41 AM

I suspect the problem has the same root that was in Quicken 2008. They
used the 3.0 PDF engine and it was not compatible with Vista 64 bit. I
spend more than three months trying to ferret out the issues with both
Microsoft and Intuit. It appears Intuit does not care about the 64 bit
version of Vista. I invested many, many hours investigating this
problem. Ultimately, had to go to Microsoft Money, but they are way
behind Intuit in functionality.


--
bobbrandenburg
Clark
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Quicken 2009 PDF printer problem- mistake or intentional?
Posted: 01-19-2009, 04:44 AM
bobbrandenburg wrote:
> I suspect the problem has the same root that was in Quicken 2008. They
> used the 3.0 PDF engine and it was not compatible with Vista 64 bit. I
> spend more than three months trying to ferret out the issues with both
> Microsoft and Intuit. It appears Intuit does not care about the 64 bit
> version of Vista. I invested many, many hours investigating this
> problem. Ultimately, had to go to Microsoft Money, but they are way
> behind Intuit in functionality.
>
>
It is not just the 64 bit Vista. My PDF printer will work only if I set
the program to "Run as Administrator". Not if being run by a standard
user or administrator/user. I wish I could find out what the difference
was between Running as Administrator and running from a
user/administrator account. All my other printers work normally, but I
do have an HP printer.

Clark
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WES CTP (sp3) To WES 2009 RTM problem Krickster Windows XP Embedded 2 11-03-2008 10:38 PM
Is anybody else having problems uninstalling Quicken 2009. Had a bad install from the Guest Windows Vista 0 09-04-2008 08:27 PM
Deleted VM additions printer by mistake! Drew Provan Mac Virtual PC 7 12-22-2004 07:57 PM
system crash intentional by Microsoft? gregory29 Windows XP Help & Support 10 02-01-2004 04:56 PM
blank windows on intentional pop-ups Mitch Windows XP 0 08-20-2003 09:11 PM