Read only files

Posted: 09-01-2008, 04:07 PM

i have just recently become unable to download anything to any folder
all of my folders are set to read only and every time i try to chang
that setting, it switches back. i have set my permissions to ful
control on all files and folders, except some that come back with acces
denied. i have tried disabling the uac to no avail. any help on thi
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Moshdog:confused

--
moshdo
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
moshdog's Profile: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/member.php?userid=40
View this thread: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2106

Read only files


Responses to "Read only files"

Gordon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Read only files
Posted: 09-01-2008, 04:19 PM
"moshdog" <moshdog.3f2gr0@winvistaclub.com> wrote in message
news:moshdog.3f2gr0@winvistaclub.com...
>
> i have just recently become unable to download anything to any folder.
> all of my folders are set to read only and every time i try to change
> that setting, it switches back. i have set my permissions to full
> control on all files and folders, except some that come back with access
> denied. i have tried disabling the uac to no avail. any help on this
> would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Moshdog
>

All folders in Windows (since XP anyway) are Read-only - it doesn't affect
access to the contents of them.
You need to be far more specific as to what happens when you try.

And please note - WinVistaclub forum leaches off the Microsoft Newsgroups,
so please follow Usenet custom in your reply by quoting the relevant parts
of the post you are replying to, and replying to the thread.

Thank you.

moshdog
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Read only files
Posted: 09-01-2008, 04:47 PM

Ok, i am trying to download a file for a class. an hour prior t
attempting this download, i was able to download a different file. no
every time i try to download something, the download does not show u
anywhere on my computer, regardless of where i try to save it to, eve
an external hard drive and a flash drive. i use firefox, and in th
download window, the "open", "open containing folder" and "go t
download page" options are unavailable for all downloads.

Gordon;93884 Wrote:
> "moshdog" <moshdog.3f2gr0@winvistaclub.com> wrote in message
> news:moshdog.3f2gr0@winvistaclub.com...
> >
> > i have just recently become unable to download anything to an
> folder.
> > all of my folders are set to read only and every time i try t
> change
> > that setting, it switches back. i have set my permissions to full
> > control on all files and folders, except some that come back wit
> access
> > denied. i have tried disabling the uac to no avail. any help on this
> > would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Moshdog
> >
>
>
> All folders in Windows (since XP anyway) are Read-only - it doesn'
> affect
> access to the contents of them.
> You need to be far more specific as to what happens when you try.
>
> And please note - WinVistaclub forum leaches off the Microsof
> Newsgroups,
> so please follow Usenet custom in your reply by quoting the relevan
> parts
> of the post you are replying to, and replying to the thread.
>
> Thank you
--
moshdo
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
moshdog's Profile: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/member.php?userid=40
View this thread: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2106

Hank Arnold (MVP)
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Read only files
Posted: 09-02-2008, 09:14 AM
Gordon wrote:
> "moshdog" <moshdog.3f2gr0@winvistaclub.com> wrote in message
> news:moshdog.3f2gr0@winvistaclub.com...
>
> All folders in Windows (since XP anyway) are Read-only - it doesn't
> affect access to the contents of them.
Never knew that......... Thanks..............

--

Regards,
Hank Arnold
Microsoft MVP
Windows Server - Directory Services
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Files attributes Read Only in Program files Munteanu Gabriel Windows Vista File Management 4 04-24-2008 05:36 PM
Folders/files read only/can't create new folder in read only folde gshillitani Windows Vista Administration 9 09-25-2007 12:50 PM
How to read WPS files Houston Windows XP Help & Support 2 10-23-2003 03:45 PM
read-only files Pierre G. Windows XP Hardware 1 08-29-2003 03:38 PM
can't change read-only files to not read only Chris Windows XP Accessibility 0 08-28-2003 01:26 PM