Shutdown and Restart option missing from the Shutdown menu

Posted: 06-20-2004, 12:01 AM
Hi,

After upgrading to Windows XP Pro over Windows 2000 I am
now missing the Shutdown and Restart options from the
Shutdown menu toolbar, I only have the option to Log Off.
I have checked the registry without success and I have
checked Local Computer Policies and everything is set
to "Not Configured" and I have reinstalled XP 3 times but
nothing seems to work. Has anyone encountered this
problem and know a fix?

Shutdown and Restart option missing from the Shutdown menu


Responses to "Shutdown and Restart option missing from the Shutdown menu"

Pegasus \(MVP\)
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Shutdown and Restart option missing from the Shutdown menu
Posted: 06-20-2004, 12:31 AM
Run gpedit.msc and check the numerous policy settings
available for your machine. Some of them let you show or
hide the shutdown/restart options.


"Rsimental" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:1ece701c45659$c33dc5a0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> After upgrading to Windows XP Pro over Windows 2000 I am
> now missing the Shutdown and Restart options from the
> Shutdown menu toolbar, I only have the option to Log Off.
> I have checked the registry without success and I have
> checked Local Computer Policies and everything is set
> to "Not Configured" and I have reinstalled XP 3 times but
> nothing seems to work. Has anyone encountered this
> problem and know a fix?

Rsimental
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Shutdown and Restart option missing from the Shutdown menu
Posted: 06-20-2004, 12:43 AM
Thanks Pegasus,

I have check all the Local Computer policies and set
everything to "Not Configured" but it doesn't bring back
these two options. I am completely baffled.
>-----Original Message-----
>Run gpedit.msc and check the numerous policy settings
>available for your machine. Some of them let you show or
>hide the shutdown/restart options.
>
>
>"Rsimental" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message
>news:1ece701c45659$c33dc5a0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
>> Hi,
>>
>> After upgrading to Windows XP Pro over Windows 2000 I am
>> now missing the Shutdown and Restart options from the
>> Shutdown menu toolbar, I only have the option to Log
Off.
>> I have checked the registry without success and I have
>> checked Local Computer Policies and everything is set
>> to "Not Configured" and I have reinstalled XP 3 times
but
>> nothing seems to work. Has anyone encountered this
>> problem and know a fix?
>
>
>.
>
Pegasus \(MVP\)
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Shutdown and Restart option missing from the Shutdown menu
Posted: 06-20-2004, 05:15 AM
Don't set them to "not configured" - set them to "enabled"
or "disabled", whichever is appropriate.


"Rsimental" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:1ecf701c4565f$8ad2f720$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> Thanks Pegasus,
>
> I have check all the Local Computer policies and set
> everything to "Not Configured" but it doesn't bring back
> these two options. I am completely baffled.
>
> >-----Original Message-----
> >Run gpedit.msc and check the numerous policy settings
> >available for your machine. Some of them let you show or
> >hide the shutdown/restart options.
> >
> >
> >"Rsimental" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> in message
> >news:1ece701c45659$c33dc5a0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> After upgrading to Windows XP Pro over Windows 2000 I am
> >> now missing the Shutdown and Restart options from the
> >> Shutdown menu toolbar, I only have the option to Log
> Off.
> >> I have checked the registry without success and I have
> >> checked Local Computer Policies and everything is set
> >> to "Not Configured" and I have reinstalled XP 3 times
> but
> >> nothing seems to work. Has anyone encountered this
> >> problem and know a fix?
> >
> >
> >.
> >

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Remove Restart from Shutdown Menu Scottie Dog Windows XP Configuration & Management 1 10-08-2007 02:06 AM
Shutdown option missing from start menu MDavis Windows Vista Administration 1 09-28-2007 06:39 PM
Removing Shutdown, Restart and Standy Option Carrie Garth Customize Windows XP 0 06-25-2004 09:54 PM
Remove 'Restart' for Shutdown Menu SS Customize Windows XP 0 06-04-2004 08:56 PM
Restart/ShutDown Option Nicholas Windows XP New Users 0 08-19-2003 08:00 PM