Shutdown takes 20-30 minutes?!??

Posted: 04-13-2007, 07:47 AM

I have no idea why, but each and every time I shut down my Vista PC it
takes upto 30 minutes to shutdown - that's including just a reboot.
Start up is about 2-3 minutes.
It has only once identified a problem, something to do with Yamaha
Sound driver, can't even see that on my list!

Also, and apols if this should be a seperate post, somtimes my PC just
loses internet connection, it says it's connected to my router (which
continues working as I use it for xbox live), but IE or Firefox just
won't find the internet.

Any ideas?
And thanks


--
jamesg1979
------------------------------------------------------------------------
jamesg1979's Profile: http://www.vista64.net/forums/member.php?userid=2441
View this thread: http://www.vista64.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56215

Shutdown takes 20-30 minutes?!??


Responses to "Shutdown takes 20-30 minutes?!??"

Gerry Cornell
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Shutdown takes 20-30 minutes?!??
Posted: 04-13-2007, 01:17 PM
James


A solution that often helps with a slow shutdown.

Download and install the User Profile Hive Cleanup Service
Download details: User Profile Hive Cleanup Service
http://snipurl.com/5b61

--


Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"jamesg1979" <jamesg1979.2oyxyy@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message
news:jamesg1979.2oyxyy@no-mx.forums.net...
>
> I have no idea why, but each and every time I shut down my Vista
> PC it
> takes upto 30 minutes to shutdown - that's including just a
> reboot.
> Start up is about 2-3 minutes.
> It has only once identified a problem, something to do with Yamaha
> Sound driver, can't even see that on my list!
>
> Also, and apols if this should be a seperate post, somtimes my PC
> just
> loses internet connection, it says it's connected to my router
> (which
> continues working as I use it for xbox live), but IE or Firefox
> just
> won't find the internet.
>
> Any ideas?
> And thanks
>
>
> --
> jamesg1979
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> jamesg1979's Profile:
> http://www.vista64.net/forums/member.php?userid=2441
> View this thread:
> http://www.vista64.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56215
>
Thomas - Ungfar.dk
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Shutdown takes 20-30 minutes?!??
Posted: 04-13-2007, 06:41 PM
I can recomend that you read some of the post made before this post.

"Gerry Cornell" <gcjcvis@nospam.com> skrev i meddelelsen
news:usFSA5cfHHA.3268@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> James
>
>
> A solution that often helps with a slow shutdown.
>
> Download and install the User Profile Hive Cleanup Service
> Download details: User Profile Hive Cleanup Service
> http://snipurl.com/5b61
>
> --
>
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Gerry
> ~~~~
> FCA
> Stourport, England
> Enquire, plan and execute
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>
> "jamesg1979" <jamesg1979.2oyxyy@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message
> news:jamesg1979.2oyxyy@no-mx.forums.net...
>>
>> I have no idea why, but each and every time I shut down my Vista PC it
>> takes upto 30 minutes to shutdown - that's including just a reboot.
>> Start up is about 2-3 minutes.
>> It has only once identified a problem, something to do with Yamaha
>> Sound driver, can't even see that on my list!
>>
>> Also, and apols if this should be a seperate post, somtimes my PC just
>> loses internet connection, it says it's connected to my router (which
>> continues working as I use it for xbox live), but IE or Firefox just
>> won't find the internet.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>> And thanks
>>
>>
>> --
>> jamesg1979
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> jamesg1979's Profile:
>> http://www.vista64.net/forums/member.php?userid=2441
>> View this thread: http://www.vista64.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56215
>>
>
Gerry Cornell
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Shutdown takes 20-30 minutes?!??
Posted: 04-13-2007, 11:07 PM
Thomas

I did! I have only offered a suggestion which might help with an
overlong shutdown. The other problems are something else.


--


Regards.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thomas - Ungfar.dk" <none@none.dk> wrote in message
news:%23nquZtffHHA.1816@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>I can recomend that you read some of the post made before this
>post.
>
> "Gerry Cornell" <gcjcvis@nospam.com> skrev i meddelelsen
> news:usFSA5cfHHA.3268@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> James
>>
>>
>> A solution that often helps with a slow shutdown.
>>
>> Download and install the User Profile Hive Cleanup Service
>> Download details: User Profile Hive Cleanup Service
>> http://snipurl.com/5b61
>>
>> --
>>
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Gerry
>> ~~~~
>> FCA
>> Stourport, England
>> Enquire, plan and execute
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>
>>
>> "jamesg1979" <jamesg1979.2oyxyy@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in
>> message news:jamesg1979.2oyxyy@no-mx.forums.net...
>>>
>>> I have no idea why, but each and every time I shut down my Vista
>>> PC it
>>> takes upto 30 minutes to shutdown - that's including just a
>>> reboot.
>>> Start up is about 2-3 minutes.
>>> It has only once identified a problem, something to do with
>>> Yamaha
>>> Sound driver, can't even see that on my list!
>>>
>>> Also, and apols if this should be a seperate post, somtimes my
>>> PC just
>>> loses internet connection, it says it's connected to my router
>>> (which
>>> continues working as I use it for xbox live), but IE or Firefox
>>> just
>>> won't find the internet.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>> And thanks
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> jamesg1979
>>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> jamesg1979's Profile:
>>> http://www.vista64.net/forums/member.php?userid=2441
>>> View this thread:
>>> http://www.vista64.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56215
>>>
>>
>
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Please Help, Vista Takes About 10 Minutes to Start Up. Literally! Chad S Windows Vista Performance & Maintenance 2 02-08-2007 07:00 PM
it takes about 5 minutes to see the other PCs on the network Omnidata Windows Vista Networking & Sharing 3 01-29-2007 09:54 AM
Accessing installed printers takes several minutes on one user acc B.K Windows Vista Printers & Scanners 0 10-29-2006 04:28 AM
Computer takes 10 minutes to log on David Jones Windows XP Performance & Maintenance 2 07-18-2003 10:55 PM
Windows XP takes about 10 minutes to load Rich Barry Windows XP Performance & Maintenance 3 07-08-2003 09:56 PM