Sound suddenly broken

Posted: 01-19-2009, 02:10 AM
Hello all,

I don't know what happened, I just realized my sound broke when
watching some youtube and NBA videos. It seems when being on the
lowest volume level the sound is alright. When setting the volume up,
it screetches and cranks, sounding like back coupling.

System restore doesn't work for some reason. It's really annoying not
being able to watch videos anymore. I think I upgraded my Windows
Media Player, but I don't know how that would relate to a general
problem.

Does anyone know what could have caused this?

Karsten

Sound suddenly broken


Responses to "Sound suddenly broken"

Shenan Stanley
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Sound suddenly broken
Posted: 01-19-2009, 02:24 AM
Karsten Wutzke wrote:
> I don't know what happened, I just realized my sound broke when
> watching some youtube and NBA videos. It seems when being on the
> lowest volume level the sound is alright. When setting the volume
> up, it screetches and cranks, sounding like back coupling.
>
> System restore doesn't work for some reason. It's really annoying
> not being able to watch videos anymore. I think I upgraded my
> Windows Media Player, but I don't know how that would relate to a
> general problem.
>
> Does anyone know what could have caused this?
And you have tried other speakers/headsets?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP
--
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html


Karsten Wutzke
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Sound suddenly broken
Posted: 01-19-2009, 04:45 AM
On 19 Jan., 03:24, "Shenan Stanley" <newshel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Karsten Wutzke wrote:
> > I don't know what happened, I just realized my sound broke when
> > watching some youtube and NBA videos. It seems when being on the
> > lowest volume level the sound is alright. When setting the volume
> > up, it screetches and cranks, sounding like back coupling.
>
> > System restore doesn't work for some reason. It's really annoying
> > not being able to watch videos anymore. I think I upgraded my
> > Windows Media Player, but I don't know how that would relate to a
> > general problem.
>
> > Does anyone know what could have caused this?
>
> And you have tried other speakers/headsets?
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> * * *MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Wayhttp://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
It's the internal speaker of my laptop... it's a Lenovo ThinkPad BTW

Karsten
Shenan Stanley
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Sound suddenly broken
Posted: 01-19-2009, 05:19 AM
Karsten Wutzke wrote:
> I don't know what happened, I just realized my sound broke when
> watching some youtube and NBA videos. It seems when being on the
> lowest volume level the sound is alright. When setting the volume
> up, it screetches and cranks, sounding like back coupling.
>
> System restore doesn't work for some reason. It's really annoying
> not being able to watch videos anymore. I think I upgraded my
> Windows Media Player, but I don't know how that would relate to a
> general problem.
>
> Does anyone know what could have caused this?
Shenan Stanley wrote:
> And you have tried other speakers/headsets?
Karsten Wutzke wrote:
> It's the internal speaker of my laptop... it's a Lenovo ThinkPad BTW
Okay...

Only a slight deviation...
Have you tried external speakers/headsets/headphones?
(You should have a headphone jack.)

Could be a bum speaker. Parts do go bad. :-(

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP
--
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html


Karsten Wutzke
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Sound suddenly broken
Posted: 01-19-2009, 02:54 PM
On 19 Jan., 06:19, "Shenan Stanley" <newshel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Karsten Wutzke wrote:
> > I don't know what happened, I just realized my sound broke when
> > watching some youtube and NBA videos. It seems when being on the
> > lowest volume level the sound is alright. When setting the volume
> > up, it screetches and cranks, sounding like back coupling.
>
> > System restore doesn't work for some reason. It's really annoying
> > not being able to watch videos anymore. I think I upgraded my
> > Windows Media Player, but I don't know how that would relate to a
> > general problem.
>
> > Does anyone know what could have caused this?
> Shenan Stanley wrote:
> > And you have tried other speakers/headsets?
> Karsten Wutzke wrote:
> > It's the internal speaker of my laptop... it's a Lenovo ThinkPad BTW
>
> Okay...
>
> Only a slight deviation...
> Have you tried external speakers/headsets/headphones?
> (You should have a headphone jack.)
>
> Could be a bum speaker. *Parts do go bad. :-(
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> * * *MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Wayhttp://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
Oh my god you seem to be just right... I get clear sound when linked
to my amplifiers speakers.

Nice, notebook's speaker goes broke after 3,5 months after purchase...

Thanks a lot for this one!

Karsten
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I suddenly have no sound!!!! BizzieBody Windows Vista Hardware & Devices 0 05-11-2007 11:14 AM
suddenly no sound GDG Windows Vista Performance & Maintenance 2 03-28-2007 08:14 PM
D stasjonen is suddenly broken nate Windows XP Hardware 0 05-29-2004 11:41 PM
Sound suddenly goes off Eliot Windows XP Hardware 1 01-24-2004 12:17 AM
no sound suddenly dmascola@hotmail.com Windows XP Basics 2 12-27-2003 06:35 PM