Trying to get administration account unlocked

Posted: 11-20-2008, 10:44 PM

Hi, I am having real problems with trying to activate the adminsitration
account on vista home premium 32bit. I have tried going on the computer
management but i can not find the "local users and Groups" folder to
open and go to the Administration. I have tried using the cmd to,
putting in exactly "net user administration /active:yes" but it comes up
with error 5 and access denied. I used the "net user" etc. on the cmd
before and managed to get a message, the message wern't though
"administration account activated. I restarted the computer to see if it
would show the admin account on the log in screen but it didn't. I need
to know what to do to get into admin account, can someone help me
please?


--
Nashsafc

Trying to get administration account unlocked


Responses to "Trying to get administration account unlocked"

barman58
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Trying to get administration account unlocked
Posted: 11-20-2008, 11:12 PM

Hi Nashsafc, and welcome to The Vista Forums arty

First is yours the only account on the computer? If so you will alread
be an administrator account - Although of a different type to previou
OS Versions, (XP Etc.), the full explanation is given here ..

'User Account Control Step-by-Step Guide
(http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc709691.aspx

If you have a need to enable the master Administrator account have
look here ..

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/67...or-account.htm

--
barman5


Jimmy Brush
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Trying to get administration account unlocked
Posted: 11-20-2008, 11:55 PM
Hello,

You need to run the "net user" command inside of an elevated command prompt
by right-clicking on command prompt in the start menu and then clicking "run
as administrator".

- JB

"Nashsafc" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
news:ae4c216b3c8b35b6e2609b8210875405@nntp-gateway.com...
>
> Hi, I am having real problems with trying to activate the adminsitration
> account on vista home premium 32bit. I have tried going on the computer
> management but i can not find the "local users and Groups" folder to
> open and go to the Administration. I have tried using the cmd to,
> putting in exactly "net user administration /active:yes" but it comes up
> with error 5 and access denied. I used the "net user" etc. on the cmd
> before and managed to get a message, the message wern't though
> "administration account activated. I restarted the computer to see if it
> would show the admin account on the log in screen but it didn't. I need
> to know what to do to get into admin account, can someone help me
> please?
>
>
> --
> Nashsafc
Salvador Manaois III
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
RE: Trying to get administration account unlocked
Posted: 11-21-2008, 04:09 AM
Try the other steps outlined here:
http://www.computerperformance.co.uk...r_activate.htm

Regards,

Salvador Manaois III
MCSE MCSA C|EH CIWA MCITP|Server/Enterprise Admin
Bytes & Badz : http://badzmanaois.blogspot.com


"Nashsafc" wrote:
>
> Hi, I am having real problems with trying to activate the adminsitration
> account on vista home premium 32bit. I have tried going on the computer
> management but i can not find the "local users and Groups" folder to
> open and go to the Administration. I have tried using the cmd to,
> putting in exactly "net user administration /active:yes" but it comes up
> with error 5 and access denied. I used the "net user" etc. on the cmd
> before and managed to get a message, the message wern't though
> "administration account activated. I restarted the computer to see if it
> would show the admin account on the log in screen but it didn't. I need
> to know what to do to get into admin account, can someone help me
> please?
>
>
> --
> Nashsafc
>
Nashsafc
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Trying to get administration account unlocked
Posted: 11-21-2008, 10:39 AM

I have already tried that. Just to update the message that comes up o
the screen it now says that the user is not found. before it came u
with error 5 access denied

--
Nashsafc
Jane C
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Trying to get administration account unlocked
Posted: 11-21-2008, 11:55 AM
"Nashsafc" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
news:377850d919bee706698c8de0a6e231eb@nntp-gateway.com...
>
> I have already tried that. Just to update the message that comes up on
> the screen it now says that the user is not found. before it came up
> with error 5 access denied.
>
>
> --
> Nashsafc

Hi,

What are you trying to accomplish that makes you think that you need to
activate the inbuilt Administrator account?

Are you sure that you typed the command correctly?
"net user administration /active:yes" is wrong, it should be "net user
administrator /active:yes"


--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation ;-)
MVP - Windows Desktop Experience

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
no administration account susan Windows Vista Administration 6 11-17-2007 04:30 PM
Administration account hogbike Windows Vista Administration 2 07-07-2007 04:20 PM
Administration account??? Jacob Windows Vista Administration 7 03-14-2007 11:50 PM
User Account Administration with XP pro greyhwk Windows XP Basics 4 01-13-2004 09:24 AM
administration log on account vanished Norm Customize Windows XP 1 12-31-2003 01:27 AM